1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa in the oculus rift dk2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by eobet, Jul 2, 2014.

1. JoeMoore

JoeMoore Racer

I look forward to AC support for the DK2 I'm sure they will do a good job :) had 3 screen and I will neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr go back lol .

2. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

Oc cresent bay comming out soon
    Higher res, higher fps, lower latency, 360 trackng and audio

3. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

4. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Yup, it's comming out. September 2015 by the looks of things. When i bought DK1 everyone tought we'll have CV by now. Not DK2 and certainly not DK3. This way, they are able to sell more rifts to the same people. All of us are gonna keep buying new DK each year.

5. Not quite 'all of us' :). Will be getting the retail one though.

6. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I don't think the future of the company depends on a fraction of their potential market buying a couple prototype versions before CV1. Facebook wouldn't have invested billions on the chance that they can milk an extra 80,000 devkits. I think their expectations are much bigger than that ;)

7. XeNiVeX

XeNiVeX Rookie

My Rift should be arriving today :D

Now just waiting for Kunos to get it up and running... please make it happen soon! ;)

JoeMoore likes this.
  8. TCLF

TCLF Alien

you could wait, or start having fun with it in LFS, which has DK2 support :D

Martyn likes this.
  9. XeNiVeX

XeNiVeX Rookie

PCARS, Elite and all the other demos will keep me busy in the meantime :)

oh and LFS...

Martyn and TCLF like this.
  10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Did they ask you as a consumer to buy any DK kits? No, they highly advice to wait, if you are not a developer, I can't see the hard part in understanding that. You even have to agree that you buy a development kit, not for consumers.

We're a lot just sitting tight for CV, no rush.

softgrip and TCLF like this.
  11. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Extra 30 million dollars per year is just fine in my book. I guess it is the same for face book. But i agree that they expect a lot more.
    And to answer Tberg. Do you think that GoPro camera is only for professionals because it's called pro? If they wonted to sell OR to developers only, they could.
    Same as most software now days selling as pre release or beta, just so you couldnt say that something is not working but still have to pay full price for it, plus they'll have a group of fanboys saying nobody twisted your arm to buy it and you were told it's beta.

12. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

haha im with tberg on this, and that wasnt a good analogy:rolleyes: im not trying to start a war here but gopro is the name of the product the dev kit is what it is...a kit for developers. the reason we all have access is because nowadays anyone can be a developer. but to buy one and treat it like its a consumer product is wrong because its clearly not. to say they want us to buy every version is pretty dumb. and for the beta part its still a disclaimer so you know what your're getting into before you get it.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  13. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Its not simply an extra $30,000,000 for them, though. They are not making a bunch of money off selling development kits. Doing these runs requires a lot of time, effort and money on top of the parts costs themselves.

I think DK2 will be the last publically available development kit. By what I've heard, Crescent Bay-spec'd kits have gone out to a very select few developers already(like Epic) in order to create content and I believe they will probably widen the list of developers who get these spec'd units behind the scenes. But these will be for the more serious developers - ones who will actually build full-fledged games and other content. Then next year, when we're getting closer to the full CV1 release, Oculus will release a 'beta run' of the CV1 in order to get the unit into the hands of the more small-time and hobbyist content creators a bit early so they can get a bit of experience working with the final specifications. Full, public CV1 release somewhere between Oct-Dec.

14. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

2015 or 16?

15. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

dubbsta78 likes this.
  16. Gunja

Gunja Alien

And to say they dont't wont us to buy every version is VERY dumb. Sure, i'll just go and make stuff i dont wont anyone to buy.

17. TCLF

TCLF Alien

he didn't say anyone. They want developpers to buy it.

softgrip likes this.
  18. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Well, if your conspiracy theory holds up, they haven't done anything wrong at least.

19. Gunja

Gunja Alien

All i'm saying is that the sucker i am, i'm gonna keep buying every step of their development program that they offer for sale. No conspiracy there, it's all in the open. Development is financing it self.

20. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

hey if i could i would too;)