1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa in the oculus rift dk2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by eobet, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

The Crescent Bay isn't a DK model it's a demonstration prototype in the same way the Crystal Cove was, I don't think they'll be releasing it.

2. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

They are not releasing Crescent bay, its just a prototype that they are showing off and one that a couple of developers have access to in the same way a few developers had access to the HD rift that was never released for the public.

They announced that they would be doing a Beta Launch of the Consumer version in 9-12 months time and then follow that with the full launch of the product then from what they have said its likely they would launch a new rift every two years or so.

Facebook are not going to be making money from the consumer HMD directly and have sold both the DK1 and DK2 at near cost they will most likely be selling it as a loss leader making money through the oculus app store which also includes a virtual cinema and content delivery system which is also available for Gear VR.

Turk likes this.
  3. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Devs need to add realistic damage and fatalities for the driver for all O.R users ASAP

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/22/6826877/i-tricked-my-brain-into-thinking-real-life-was-vr
    "But my first reaction was to keep going, because I believed on some instinctual level that I would just fall past him, the way I'd gone through railings in the VR steampunk environment in Crescent Bay"

Last thing we need is a bunch of VR sim junkies going round smashing up people on public roads because they hadn't "unplugged" fully.

(the author is himself unsure of the seriousness of this post :confused: )

4. GamerMuscle

Fortunately people are generally not 100% mentally deficient :)

Just because something might feel real you know you are playing VR and its not real , its going to be ages before people cannot tell the difference between VR and real life on a conscious level

Fortunately we are also not totally dependent on irrational emotional cues in the real world to work out that driving into another car will have undesired consequences.

People that do drugs LSD Mushrooms can believe many things but so long as they don't get in there real car whilst high or right after they will generally be fine.

Just like if you do a go cart race,take part in a high adrenalin sport the same applies to computer games even now or with VR , you simply take a 20min brake before using heavy or dangerous machinery.

Out of the things to worry about VR exposure triggering moment of not knowing what is real I believe is most likely less of an issue than people drink driving or generally just not paying attention , at least for the next 10-15 years.

No doubt some idiot will use VR as an excuse as to why they ran someone over or "I SHOT MY HUSBAND BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS IN A GAME" and no doubt the media will jump on that and politicians will follow by trying to pass nonsense laws.

Hopefully sense will prevail.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    Dean Ogurek and Martyn like this.
  5. Martyn

Martyn Racer

Yeah, there'll be some fear mongering and maybe some daily mail nonsense associated with VR but there is no way you can relate it because there are just too many fundamental differences.

Wearing the DK2 has a wonderful effect which you really truly fall for, but it's like being in a 'real cartoon'. Your brain is completely fooled that you are inside a world seeing in 3D and all that, but even after a good 5 hour stint when your mind is boggled there's no confusion about what's real.... there may be some residual after effects, but its more likely to have an impact on your dreams (because it's so significant and exciting while it's new) than it is your sense of reality. Even with hugely improved resolution and photo realistic graphics you may enjoy the level of immersion but you'll still know. We're a long way off from the Matrix, yet.

6. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Of course, and I was mostly being silly, but this will be an issue.

There are going to be certain types of people (undiagnosed schizophrenics for instance) who will be adversely affected by VR and have difficulty "unplugging".
    Like any new technology, OR will have its pluses and minuses and these will need to be worked out.
    But I think you're wrong to dismiss this as just a "common sense" issue.
    Just like there are certain people who should be kept away from heavier psychedelics, I predict we'll find out some people have issues with blurred lines between VR and R.

Martyn likes this.
  7. GamerMuscle

Maybe maybe not , until there is data on it no way to know for sure :), who knows maybe VR acts as a tool to help those with schizophrenia !

VR is all positive no negatives... as an example I can use VR to make myself appear like a good looking chap then I can find women online make an advance on them and before they know it they are trapped in my garden shed !

8. plaid

plaid Alien

Yeah. Or if you married and want some diversity you could add realtime motion capturing and let the woman you actually... play Chess with appear like a different women! And she could finally play... Monopoly with her favorite male celebrity! Imagine all this... boardgames! A trivial way to pursuit a fulfilling life!

Edit: I just rembered about the... boardgame-scene in Demolition Man. :D

GamerMuscle likes this.
  9. GamerMuscle

Finaly I'll be able to live out my thomas the tank engine fantasies.

Rayrush likes this.
  10. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

You guys don't know about Kinect fusion?

Mix this with your OR and you have a world you can create on the fly: