1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Calibrating your force feedback wheel using wheelcheck and ffbclip

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Atle Dreier, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I recently got an OSW wheel, upgrade from a T500, and you are wrong! :p

Fat-Alfie, esox71 and LeiF like this.
  2. Roscoe

Roscoe Gamer

cant even find the ffbclip.ini

3. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

It's in the FFBClip/config folder.

4. Roscoe

Roscoe Gamer

dont really know what ya talking about but i guess its this

[Controls_ini_Path]
    Path=
    # Example: Path=C:\Users\Atle\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controls.ini
    #Leave empty to use system path

5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

You said you couldn't find the file.

He said it's located in this folder (w/c is under your AC's apps folder, like ALL other apps).

What is it you don't know what he's talking about? But yes, this is the path he was referring to in his earlier/first reply.

6. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Yes, that's the one! :)

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

7. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

Hey, Atle, is there a big difference between OSW and T500? G27 here but looking to upgrade and i saw in reviews that OSW don't worth the money in comparison with the T500

8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

LOL, I want to look that person into eyes when he says that.:D

Thomas Cameron and AccAkut like this.
  9. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Racer

Oh man, after a couple of days of having this all working properly it's fantastic. Thank you to all who put in the hard work on these mods!!

10. rycil

rycil Simracer

I guess that Atle is working on a DD wheel version with the real Nm values :)

11. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I don't have the values needed to make that work, sadly. I have written a first impressions comparison in the OSW thread.

And I've started work on the devs to get the stuff I need for 1:1, of course. I'm going Andy Dufresne on their a**es! ;) Look it up if got don't get the reference...

rycil likes this.
  12. esox71

esox71 Alien

You seen these vids dude?

13. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Yeah, I've seen them. He's basically saying that he's running less than half of real force for it to feel like the real deal. With reference to the iRacing threads lately I think that's related to the random jerking you get in that sim. The race driver is asking for a more reactive wheel, while wanting to reduce the overall gain to about half. With Assetto at a decent level the wheel can literally rip out of your hands in places like the Monza banking and still feel very docile when driving a normal track section. With iRacing it feels like you get random spikes just to make it more violent in the normal circumstances.
    I don't think we'll get the 1:1 feature in Assetto, mainly because most people will tweak it from there anyway.

esox71 likes this.
  14. rycil

rycil Simracer

@Atle Dreier : is it possible to stop the log by default? I don't see any parameter in the ini file.

thanks for this great app!

15. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Just press the button again. It shouldn't log by default....

16. rycil

rycil Simracer

It seems that each time I enter a session, have to stop the log.

17. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Hm, that's weird. Does it generate new log files for every session?

18. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

A quick question for @Atle Dreier or @Nao, or anyone else who knows the answer. How does the game know the clipping point of my wheel or if my wheel is in fact clipping at a certain point in time?

19. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

It doesn't. FFBClip is measuring the output from the game, and whether or not it is clipped. You can determine the wheel clipping by using wheelcheck as described in this thread.

Topuz likes this.
  20. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

Oh, I guess I wasn't clear enough. I'm aware of the ins and outs of Wheelcheck, LUTs, FFBClip and so on. What's not completely clear to me is how the game (pedal app, or FFBClip app) know what is the actual point of FFB strength after which the clipping occurs, since that point is dependent on the specific wheel model. In other words, how does the game determine that "ffbValue = 1" point where my wheel won't get any stronger if the value gets any bigger.