1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Calibrating your force feedback wheel using wheelcheck and ffbclip

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Atle Dreier, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Again, it doesn't. It assumes that your wheel is linear, and never clips. Assetto is only measuring output clipping.

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

Topuz likes this.
  2. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

Ahh, got it. You lit a bulb in my head, thank you. :)

Atle Dreier likes this.
  3. Astra_COupe

Astra_COupe Rookie

Helle guys, I need help. I don't get it to create an Excel graph with open office. Hope someone has the time and can do it for me, you would help me alot. Thanks ;)

Wheel is a T150rs

Attached Files:

4. insanegr

insanegr Rookie

5. Astra_COupe

Astra_COupe Rookie

6. alencarch

alencarch Rookie

T300 RS calibration problem

I have a T300 RS and lately I'm facing a calibration problem. One day, the wheel started to provide a different FFB left/right. It got worse until it didn't completed the initial check at the start.

I've bought this wheel in august of 2015 and I've used in the best possible way, covering when not using it, managing the temperature, not using at maximum FFB, preventing from clipping and always using the latest firmware.

I've downloaded the calibration app, but after a 30 minute use is possible to observe a decalibration...

Can anyone assist me?

7. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

That sounds like a hardware issue.

8. Astra_COupe

Astra_COupe Rookie

FFB_Graph.png

This is my graph, but my english is too bad to understand which gain I have to set in the game and in the profiler. Hope someone can help me and tell what is the best option. Thanks for your effort

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  9. Astra_COupe

Astra_COupe Rookie

Wheel is T150rs

Attached Files:

10. Mumaransa

Mumaransa Gamer

Graph for my new wheel, still the same model : Fanatec GT3 RS v2.

After one year and almost 1000 hours of use, the wheel suddenly started making disturbing noises. Fanatec was very kind and sent me a brand new wheel.

Test done with firmware 756 and driver 261 (FOR 100 DRI off). A bit more linear than the previous wheel, maybe because of new driver.

[​IMG]

11. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

That looks very good. no reason to do anything about that, exept the deadzone.

12. Manu88

Manu88 Rookie

Hi.
    I have a G27 and i've just discovered this guide.
    I've tried to create a graph using excel, but i failed :D,
    Can anyone help me with the graph and best settings for my wheel?
    I attached an archive with 4 logs made with different gain (100% to 70%) settings to find the best settings for my wheel.
    Thanks in advance!

Edit: In the logitech profiler i use gain to 100% (i lowered it t0 90%,80% and 70% only to make the different logs), everything else to 0% and centering spring disabled.

Attached Files:

Eduardo AuKiss likes this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im also having issues with this. It would be really great if someone could do a step by step for google docs :D I know its one for excel but that seems to cost money.

Manu88 and Fanapryde like this.
  14. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

Use FCM. Here's the file cause it's hard to find

Attached Files:

• FCM.7z
      File size:
      433.8 KB
      Views:
    Paratus, Manu88 and kofotsjanne like this.
  15. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

Edit: Try to make a lut file with 120% Gain in profiler :D

Edit2: Also use these settings for the csv file

upload_2016-12-17_18-45-58.png

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    Manu88 likes this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

That should be linked in the OP! Thank you sir!

Shooter80 likes this.
  17. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

Just thought I would mention something that I haven't read about in this thread (unless I missed it).

I have just started with a blank canvas for my T500RS FFB settings, and did a set of graphs using Wheel Check, from 50% to 100% in 5% increments. When I put all the results together, the 80% line was way out compared to the rest, and it turned out that for all the tests I had rotation set to 1080° in my control panel, as well as in Wheel Check except for the 80% test, which was set to 900° in Wheel Check. The reported FFB was much higher than reality, so it is worth checking that the angle of rotation is the same in both your wheel's Control Panel and in Wheel Check before you start testing.

18. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Still having good old G25 here(G920 in box, probably within a few days I will install that one), but with my G25 since 'yesterday' there is an ELASTIC feel when (counter)steering back to central/zero like it's more jumpy/shimmying(exaggerated ) , more intrusive.

I didn't change anything(or is it placebo?) I want the (counter)steering back to central to be not elastic. Does this have anything to do with 'GAIN' (I'm at 70 in UI) and clipping ingame?

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Cheers
    Robin

19. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Weird that it should change overnight. Check your gyro setting, maybe. 70 gain sounds pretty good for must cars.

Robin_NL likes this.
  20. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

thanks but where can I find my gyro settings?...

I also tried your anti FFB clipping app ingame and it stated I should have 200 FFB ingame(917K) and 100-115-126 FFB ingame(Ferrari) so it arranged itself.
    Those are undrivable, the wheel is jumping out of my hands and trembling etc. Normally I have FFB between 40-60 , 50 is my 'norm'.

So I don't know, just keep it this way I guess... I have in UI slip feel at 40, is that too high?

Cheers
    Robin