1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Can't notice much difference between slick med. & slick soft...is that normal?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by LotusTeam, Sep 25, 2016.

1. @L2D Godzilla a few of the pc posters here are much closer to Kunos than you know.

FWIW GT3 cars are on V7ish tires in the current console build, and will be updated whenever the next patch goes live but won't be equal to PC until the Porsche DLC update.

Nao, Jaye and TeKnO-_-91 like this.
  2. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

That's good to know, but if they haven't played the console version/been involved in console alpha/beta testing then chances are they aren't close enough to know anything useful or what MS or PS do and don't allow/handle. There's so many more variables but i'm sure you get that.

3. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Most of your posts here are just rants... I can understand every frustration of console users when seeing the problems they are facing, but your whole attitude is just so wrong like most of the "facts" you are spreading around. Do you know what temperature differences cause on laptimes? Running tyres 15% below optimum temperature window is causing an unbelievable loss of 0.5% grip. There were also so many discussions about the discrepancy between AC and real life times in pc section, you can't simulate everything completely. The FPS problems came from the weak console APU power and not from different code. And "tuning" (I hate this word for setup a race car, this is no Need for Speed Underground) limitation is simply an UI difference.

The only real fact is that when console version will be patched to pc version level, driving a combo the exact way will result in similar lap times.

TeKnO-_-91 likes this.
  4. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Why do you care so much when mainly all you do is drifting?

5. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

6. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Actually most of my posts here are based on proven facts unlike the 'pro' driver advice we console players keep getting. Obviously the FPS comes from the system, though it's not exactly portrayed the best on PC always either from what i've seen. The way I talk has nothing to do with NFS champ, it's actually got to do with my native tongue so that's a great patronising comment that seems much more ignorant than anything. So being able to adjust dampers and springs to higher and lower values on PC than on console is a UI difference, that's quite the difference my man. Who looks like they are ranting now buddy, straight facts here.

7. myimac

myimac Alien

Guys, lets all be civil to each other.

Everybody breathe and remember it's just a game.

I care deeply about Assetto but let's face it:

1) nobody's gonna die
    2) objectively speaking kunos and 505 have not tried to rip anybody off
    3) we are all fellow gamers, agree or disagree let's be nice. Elsewhere on the internet there will be non-gamers laughing at how trivial (in the scheme of life) details are being fought over like the world depends on them.

Let's put it like this. Being nice is 100% something that we don't need to wait for in an update. It's in the power within us

the-D-, RoccoTTS, mister dog and 2 others like this.
  8. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

100% agreeeeeeeee:D

9. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Don't want to start a war here but L2D Godzilla is correct in many ways , far to many pc users comment on issues relating to the console when they are clearly are not armed with correct knowledge to answer .

I have played both versions and I can and will say they are not the same .

My friend players on pc and after playing his version then coming home and playing on my ps4 game play feels so different, I do wish some of the pc players would understand we are not playing on a level field, but untill you've played both I doult your understand.

the-D- likes this.
  10. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

The physics are 1to1,, its only because the pc versoin is using a more up to date build than the console versoin that they feel different, many people have said this and if you still dont believe then i suggest you watch a few of steffano casilo's videos were he clearly explains there is no difference between the two apart from the pc having better graphical settings/options. Hopefully after this next patch the two versoins will be more alike, which apparently will be the case.

Ace Pumpkin and Jaye like this.
  11. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

I don't understand why you are asking me to watch videos? I have played both first hand and from a first hand experience they feel considerably different. Watching a video will not chance this ?

12. Jaye

Jaye Alien

No he isn't right. He is simply on a vendetta and is getting a heart attack every time a PC player posts here, although the thread opener explicitly asks also for PC advice...

Sure it is different, when it's v1.8 versus v1.6 between PC and console. I've play AC since early access (near 1,500 playing hours) and big version jumps were sometimes like another game (I'll never forget the 1.4 patch for example, a huge difference in car handling feeling). But the thread question wasn't about something which is version depending, because a noticeable difference between tyre compounds were in the sim since day 1. Same version independence apply to the factors which makes this difference less obvious and also the setup hints ore driving line tips don't depend neither on version nor on platform.

And until v1.7 I did a weekend at Nurb (GP & sprint) with all GT3 cars at every RSR reset, just to get some world records (till some alien jumped in ;)). In all AC versions it was not hard to get below 2 minutes, only the MP4 12C was very slow with 1.6 but it was also possible.

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Can you give a source on that? Sounds weird.

14. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Do you take notice of the things people say in there replies or do you just skim your eyes over the words as fast as you can classing it as read?

15. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

HINT ,,,, the build versions are not the same

16. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

And im not asking i'm suggesting that you watch a few videos of "THE MAIN DEVELOPERS" coding/Q&A/chit chat sessions. And as i said in the first reply i left "THE BUILD VERSIONS ARE NOT THE SAME"

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Yeah the guy who was watching me livestream on twitch and suggested I tried his tune for one of the cars(GT86 I think). When I went into input the settings he gave me, his were lower than what was possible for me. At the time he agreed it was odd. If I can be bothered i'll post up the min/max of said car just for reference but the guy had no reason to lie to me, he was trying to be helpful, though i didn't really need any I was still getting used to AC and that car is a slug especially if not on a wheel.

18. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Thanks TeKnO , please don't start getting offensive I only asked , appreciate your reply although not the manner in which it was written.

19. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Sry i thought you were trolling, but does it sometimes takes a while for things to sink in with yourself?;)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  20. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Again with the rude reply, why ?
    You clearly have an ego issue and feel the need to push your keyboard warrior personality simply because people do not fall inline with your views or opinions.

I see your relatively young maybe when you've walked a longer road in life and gained more maturity you're find you do not need to portray yourself as you do now.

Maxx69 likes this.