1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Career Mode: Just how much more difficult is the console version

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by MBK72, Sep 4, 2016.

1. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Dude, simmer down. My "inflammatory tone" is nothing more than a mixture of my own long-standing annoyance at the career mode issue coupled with a lot of projection on your part. And it's not confined to me or this thread...

As for predicting "you," I'm referring to you and others who would throw a fit about the career mode. As the OP of the thread that meant - in this case - you. That's all. (And you call me defensive...)

As for missing the point, no. I haven't missed the point. I am aware that the minimum AI difficulty seems to be different between the two versions. It's just that said point is not relevant to mine.

My point is that the PC career mode is also unbalanced and broken and that the devs haven't ever shown much enthusiasm for fixing it. Some races you can putter through in 4th gear and win; others the opponent's top times are faster than RSR world records. And it all changes again every time they update the tires. If you think you're missing out on something great that we get because Kunos hates console gamers, think again. It's a mess here too, has always been a mess, and will probably remain a mess at least until all cars are on tire model 10 and the events can be properly balanced should anyone care to. (Same goes for the achievements, etc.)

So to address the opening question... I don't know how much more difficult it is, but it's not great here either. This isn't a console-specific issue even if the two career modes are broken in different ways.

mrk1001, Bibbles and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  2. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

You have missed the point because you are continuing on arguing about how you want the career mode overhauled and changed, and how disappointed you are that is has not seen any changes. That is not what OPs post was discussing at all. This thread was to showcase the difficulty issue on console and how it compares to the difficulty on PC. This is console based discussion. If you have an issue with the PC career mode create a thread in the PC portion of the forums. Your complaints and now arguments with us are not on topic to what this thread is about.

MBK72 likes this.
  3. Jacky Chou

Jacky Chou Gamer

Easy should be easy! Not a little bit easy but actually hard!
    Take a lot of time and no progress is such a boring thing!

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

MBK72 likes this.
  4. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

For novice1,2,3,4, I gained all gold medal with medium difficulty EXCEPT N2 3/6, E30 vs E92 & 1M? Are u kidding me Kunos????

I further lower the difficulty to Easy, I still can't win , the best was on 2nd place....the reason I won gold medal on N2 3/6 is that there was a glitch on AI cars at a time that 1st and 2nd car both went into pit in last lap....I think I did good on Nurburgring Sprint GT, fastest lap was 1'47 something with that rubbish E30.....

What I meant is that, it's not just too difficult for that race event, the problem is that Kunos made an event (N2 3/6) that even not possible to accomplish, at least on hard and alien, I believe it is totally a mission impossible

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    MBK72 likes this.
  5. Archangel22

Archangel22 Gamer

How deep into career mode is everyone? I noticed that the Novice and IS career events were brutal tough as the AI on easy felt like hard mode but doing the T and AT events is fine, on easy the AI is doing like 10secs a lap slower than you so its beatable and harder modes challenging. Up next for me is the GT series but I feel like maybe its just the first portions of career the devs didnt balance good while the other events are fine

6. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

You're not supposed to win that race as you're hopelessly out matched which is spelled out on PC but not console.

It's a shame Kunos decided to remove the written intros from the console career (maybe we too dumb to readz) as they also contain some set up nuggets of wisdom when you get to proper racing.

Just another example of missing features compared to the full-fat PC version. Maybe we'll have AI sliders, intro vids and words, full configuration options and in-car apps in future. Fingers crossed.

7. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Agree with your points Kaaarp. However that N2 E30 race is actually incredibly easy to win on pc as I demonstrated in this similar thread. Console players have had a tough break from the AC team on the difficulty settings.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ancing-n2-series-e30-m3-ring-sprint-gt.35852/

LotusTeam and Skemekos123 like this.
  8. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I'm on international were you drive the Renault formula and 458 Italy trophy stage 3 events. Monza, first race 458 Italy, hard, I won that, only bcoz I made few changes in the setup and of course my knowledge of the track helped me be first (of course drove the car without TC), but other events I've to drive on easy and still get 2nd or 3rd on the end which is ridiculous!!!

One example, Imola, Lotus car (bit sporty one), came second on the end (did no changes to the tune). I mean, I drove the car like few times, felt very well, got so much downforce it's unbelievable but in Imola u don't get the"true"feeling of the downforce. I mean, first chicane u can brake late, shift hard down, hit firs apex nicely, early on power, amazing exit with full speed, but in the middle sector, the "uphill"S section, really low grip and when u get this one then the last S part were you can't have that grip to have solid, clean exit. On those two parts the AI seem unbeatable and gains a lot of time. (This was on easy!!!!!!!!!)!!!

On medium it's so frustrating that you like think that this game is just to hard!!!

Kunos need to understand that the game should be approachable to everyone and keep the race"tightness" on every stage difficulty hight. Easy should be easy, medium should be medium and so forth....and that we don't have "time" or nerves to setup the car for every event like a damn pro. Maybe when you set the difficulty to Hard or Alien that you can have Qualy laps to adjust your car but otherwise difficulty is unbalanced!

Pedal to the metal

MBK72 likes this.
  9. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Damn, didn't anyone ever tell you not to be a hypocrite? Please move back to your place of dwelling now.

Brett Nagle and MBK72 like this.
  10. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I'm yet to understand which part of reporting the factual difference that the console difficulty is far greater than the pc version is throwing a fit too. When you read back his first line you just have to laugh at the later comments. Then he finished the post by telling us how we should play the game - just another awesome example of the pc only elitism on this forum in the console section. As for his predicting me, he is some psychic because I was here long before he was. You clearly need mystical powers to write such conflicting nonsense.

I do so enjoy these other players who come to a factual comparison thread with a bunch of opinions and haughty views on how others 'should'. The bottom line, as I've written in other threads, we have dared to criticise their beloved flawed gem of a game on the pc and all because it is currently a mess on console. How dare we! The use of comparable facts has also upset the poor chap and that is no surprise as he is a after all a 'god' and since when did any belief system worry about facts.

L2D Godzilla likes this.
  11. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I do not bring a solution, and probably again sound patronising, but why is there a need to win anything artificially related, be it a career, a single race against AI, some 'special event'?

What's wrong with asking your buddy to do a lap time, and then you try to beat it, and then you beat each other lap times for a few days, month(s)? Isn't that more exiciting then beating an AI lap time or playing that mindless 'career' stuff?

I have learned the best techniques and did my best ever lap times when i was trying to beat friends laps, then a few more guys (there was a thread on our local forum for that) jumped in, it lasted about a month, till we drained every last hundreth of a second out of that one lap.

That's how you become a better driver, not beating a "hard" AI time or winning a PSN trophy or something.

That hunt for trophies and fake careers IS a bit more related to console players then PC..

I'm not bringing a solution for the original problem of the thread, but a solution/advice to brake out of your bad habbits and misconceptions about games, especially when it's a simulator..

MBK72 likes this.
  12. C. Morton

C. Morton Rookie

Honestly I think a lot of the problem is forcing us to race against much faster cars in career mode. In the bigger picture, this Magione race in the Alfa presented here is quite easy compared to some others. Like having to drive the E30 M3 against the fast M3 that has almost 2x the power at nurburgring. I'm going to guess very few people will get past that even on easy. Its kind of a pointless race when all the cars are several seconds ahead of you before the first corner.

MBK72 likes this.
  13. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

To Lazo reci im :)

Pedal to the metal

14. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

All good suggestions and yes the group I race with all enjoy this type of hotlap competition - especially say around Le Mans around the date of the real event.

I think most console users will ask why AC doesn't have leaderboards to do this automatically, especially on console where this has been a key feature of racing games since NFS (terrible games, good rivals idea) introduced rivals. Forza 6 for all its other faults does hotlap modes well too. Having to do this manually is a block for some as on console they might not have such easy access to or maybe can't be bothered with the hassle of forums.

There are still a few issues we need sorted in AC before we can truly enjoy a competition like this such as the track cutting allowed on some tracks, the inability to save setups, no meaningful on screen data such as tyre temps, deletion of replays after events.

Personally I hope KS solve the private online multiplayer issue first, if we can go online racing as a group with stable framerates and the great physics of AC all this will matter less.

L2D Godzilla likes this.
  15. Borez

Borez Gamer

Most of the T and AT events have been fine to be honest, some of the Ferrari races I've totally enjoyed, the later single seater championships are completely full on however but not unbeatable. It's a real battle to keep pace with the AI though, it's relentless. One mistake or a few wide lines and it's all over.

If you haven't got much sim/game racing experience though I'd imagine they'll seem impossible. You'd probably admit defeat and move onto something else pretty quickly.

16. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

How about the experienced pc players organize a hotlap challenge here at the ac forums for everyone to participate. Pc, Ps4 and Xbox. Maybe it will brake the ice a bit :)

17. czk51

czk51 Rookie

I finally unlocked the Lotus challenge last night after just about giving up on the game and waiting for a patch. Came second overall and really enjoyed it.
    I am coming from a DiRT Rally background so am used to high expectations to progress, failure, restarts etc, and some of the races in the Career I manage an easy first. Often times I struggle to get 3rd and I'm fine for this. I really enjoy the battles for podium!

I really am enjoying the career. Having advanced I see there are some new tracks that I'm not familiar with. I could race them in the Challenges or Time Trials but I am really enjoying this progression in Career and feel that it's improving my technique overall and can't wait to get into some serious online matches.

But anyway! Thank you so much to OP for posting that vid! Yes some of the races are impossible for me to even hit podium at all. Hope this is addressed, but for now, I'm happy I persevered with help and advice from other users on this forum.

Borez and MBK72 like this.
  18. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Just a little warning about including the pc players - AC on the pc allows modding and they can change almost any parameter at will (physics, temperatures, grip etc etc), you might be playing on a titled pitch. Look at a site called RSR Live Timing to see how many times they've had to wipe the leaderboards if you want the evidence of that.

19. RSR wipes the leaderboards whenever an AC physics update makes the cars slower overall, not because somebody cheated.

Fat-Alfie and V8_KB like this.
  20. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Hmmm...I think you are as well aware as I am about the cheating discussions on RSR, low tyre pressures, adjusting temperatures etc was the last I read.