1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Career Mode: Just how much more difficult is the console version

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by MBK72, Sep 4, 2016.

1. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

2. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Yes I get it, that would indeed be a waste of wine.

Complaining to the right people though that is another thing altogether. Old wine in new bottles would be a better analogy for me. They put a 2014 (not a good year) beta into a 2016 console box increased the price and hoped no one would notice.

Chin, chin old chap.

Brett Nagle likes this.
  3. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

I'm not that old and comment was meant for everybody.

4. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

;) Chin chin old chap is just an old British wartime expression, just means bottom's up - enjoy your wine, not age related at all! True apologies if the lost in translation offended you, I have never interacted with you before so nothing meant by it.

5. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

None taken, woosh :oops:

MBK72 likes this.
  6. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

Marco

The cryptic unofficial updates feel like a tease to me. What is going to be improved? When will it be improved? I bought this game expecting the options and game play to be the same, since the main message was "we are not dumbing the game down for console". I accepted as a console gamer that the game would not look as nice or that my grids would be smaller than PC.

What I've got instead is a shell of a game compared to PC. No custom grids, over simplified AI, control, and visual settings, broken replays, and many other things, and no real idea on if those things will be updated. I've seen updates they are looking into AI fixes, but nothing in stone, and I haven't heard a peep about custom grids. Maybe I'm the only one that feels losing custom grids was a big deal, but it has really irked me that option was replaced with the same low effort setting available on Forza and Pcars.

I wanted this game to be different. Sure physics and FFB wise it is, but I wanted the game I've been following on PC for the last year, and instead I get a shell of that.

I want this game to succeed and push the genre on console forward, but I feel the release has really mucked that hope up and potentially ruined it moving forward. The online lobbies on multiplayer are already a ghost town.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    meledward23 and MBK72 like this.
  7. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Thanks for the fonts but it hurts my eyes.
    Anyway, I'm an AC pc fan, but not a fanboy, so the real problem is how will Kunos sort out the console related issues, and there are many from what I gathered.
    No apps, telemetry, custom lobbies, wheel configuration....
    Work is obvioulsly needed.
    Answers I do not have.

Brett Nagle and MBK72 like this.
  8. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Well said Brett, 100% agree. No one with any actual knowledge has been able to explain why we haven't got the latest pc version "we wanted to give you a stable working experience" no longer washes over a week and failed patch in. Custom grids, just no reason to cut that back at all, like you said they already cut back car grid numbers. KS need to take action soon or this will be DIW as the online lobbies already show. The purists will scoff but F1 2016 is attracting fans back with truly brilliant gameplay (simpler physics but better track rules and flags more sim in that regard than anything AC can ever hope to offer) and Forza Horizon 3 with cross play (yes a novelty for now but a good one) is just around the corner and the new shiny objects will, like it or not, have all the attention. Car enthusiasts are a limited market, the aircraft sim people learned the same lesson long ago.

Brett Nagle likes this.
  9. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

Haha sorry! I'm on mobile and it locked into that. I'll try to fix it :p

Edit: fixed it :)

10. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Well, true true BUT, one thing is what you except and another is the reality. I've expected from X Racing game be4 I preordered it for 70€ and on the end it turns out that the XY game was big peace of s..$&@t! So....what's the point of it?! Don't expect nothing just deal with the current situation or return your copy back and you'll get your money back and everything is ok.

You can't expect that this game will be exactly as on PC, it's naive from you!! To short time period to do such big thing with small group of ppl!

Pedal to the metal

11. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Much better :)

12. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Do you ever wonder what they did with that extra 4 months of development? I do.

13. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

XY game which I preordered was deleted three times and on the end was still crap!
    4 months in game industry doesn't mean much though. I mean you can do things but for additional things to implement, optimize it, after that clear all bugs, glitches, then testing on all wheels, controllers etc...u need more then that bro.

Pedal to the metal

14. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Good, I hope they developers the same way. They can be responsible and do an Arkham Knight/WB and refund all copies of the game then fix it at their leisure, not ours. The best quote I've heard tonight from a well informed game insider was this "the console version was nothing more than a cash grab to fund the next pc expansion...and that expensive Porsche license. "

Brett Nagle likes this.
  15. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

The one thing AC has for it is that it's the only 'game' to be the real thing. Unless they screwed up their main point on console but I doubt it from what I read and played.
    AC is rough in the edge no doubt - but there's no competitor.

16. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Hmmmm, idk brother. I'm enjoying the game big time, and I'll support them for sure. Of course my
    Support have limits, I'm as everyone expecting to fix major issues and maybe add few things.

They said that the next patch will be nice one so, we've to wait a bit and see :)

Pedal to the metal

17. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

With all due respect iwanchek nothing I am asking for is unreasonable or should be considered so intensive that our current gen consoles cannot process them. My wants for the game are almost all purely based on options and settings. I am not asking for better graphics, and I am not one of the unreasonables on here demanding options that are not even found on the PC iteration. The game delayed not once, but TWICE. The second time we were told it was to make sure the game was released properly. The game handles better than I could have imagined, the audio is amazing, but the removal of game settings and options in unacceptable to me.

I enjoy the driving in this game immensely and appreciate Kunos attention to detail on it. It is extremely frustrating to me that that same attention to detail was not given to the options and settings. They took way to many short cuts and I do not think it is unreasonable to feel cheated. Again the slogan of the console version was "we will not dumb down AC for console", yet that is exactly what they did. Maybe not physics or FFB wise, but they absolutely dumbed the game down everywhere else.

You may be content with the game in its current state and I respect your opinion. I, however, fall on the other side of the line and I am no longer buying the "they are a small developer" excuse. When you delay a game twice and state the reason was to make sure the release was ready and that you were not rushing it, I expect a smooth release like they promised. Had they delayed the game a 3rd time I would have been okay with it because I wanted the release and the game done right.

I am not giving up on this game. The driving and physics are too good to just walk away after a week after release. However, as I stated earlier, I do not think it is unreasonable that the console community feels cheated with the current state of the console game. Graphics, amount of cars allowed on grid, lack of mods are completely reasonable to expect absent in the console version. the lack of game options, controller options, poor AI settings, that are all present in the PC version is not IMO.

Bibbles and MBK72 like this.
  18. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

Right there with you...

MBK72 likes this.
  19. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Definately time to avoid this section.. What a whining bunch damn..

zelimper likes this.
  20. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

As I say, I can't speak for the devs but think the team is small and not capable of doing PC version stable and work on this one! I never mention that the PS4 console or XB1 is not capable to deal with Assettos intensity, but it's just the thing the team is to small....

I'm sure (somehow) that they have already done those things (like custom lobbies, third party apps, and other things) but they release the very foundation of the game and wanna see how's performing, so polish this one makes more stable room for additional stuff that's coming :)

Pedal to the metal