1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Career Mode: Just how much more difficult is the console version

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by MBK72, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

I will be supporting the game too, but in order for me to dive into the season pass or any other DLC offered for this game Kunos will have to correct the issues that should not have been present on the console from the get go.

2. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I'm sure they will fix the current issues. Just give it s bit time. Nothing more nothing less

Pedal to the metal

3. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

Honestly I put AC before F1 2016 because I believed the game would be released in proper working order. I thought the custom races I could create would outweigh the impressive presentation of F1 2016. I wanted to support Kunos and what they were trying to do and believe this game would be the best racing game released on console this generation.

With it's current state I am now doubting my previous beliefs. F1 2016 has almost changed from a "I'll put it on my Christmas list" to "maybe I will purchase that until AC sorts itself out" and that is a real bummer to me.

MBK72 likes this.
  4. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

Your comments in this portion of the forum have been completely unproductive to the conversation. You are a PC player in the console portion of the forum. I don't know why you are here in the first place. No one is forcing you to be here. Your absence will be welcomed.

MBK72 likes this.
  5. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Well done on yet another console informed comment. Bye bye, you won't be missed and please keep your word.

Brett Nagle likes this.
  6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

i feel for you guys and agree that you are missing a lot of essential stuff on console but if you like modern F1 you should check back in further down the road for sure. i doubt the codemasters F1 game has anything close to the detail of the SF15T in AC. if they can get all these features working somehow on console it will be great (if your looking for the closest representation you can get anyway.)

SF15T explained by one of the devs:

Tomcul likes this.
  7. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

If they added all the missing features and options into the console version I would be elated and probably only play this game and DiRT Rally.

Andy-R likes this.
  8. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

F1 2016, you won't be disappointed, best f1 game codemasters have made, it has a fully customisable multiplayer with private lobby's on dedicated servers, it has time trial with a leader board, they have just reset the leaderboards because they have tightened up the track limits. The career works and is very in depth, you can remap the buttons for wheel and calibrate the Dor. You can also tune the cars, it has full telemetry available on screen. All this from a arcade game that's not considered a sim. Ok the physics on wheel aren't as good as ac but it's not bad for a codemasters game. It also has 21 gp tracks on it, and the graphics and frame rate are absolute rock solid. Oh and that's on the underpowered Xbox lol

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Bibbles, Brett Nagle and MBK72 like this.
  9. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

That was a good sales pitch might pick it up this week while I'm on vacation. Thanks for the info

MBK72 likes this.
  10. Tuscani08

Tuscani08 Rookie

Love the physics and handling of AC but getting a bit bored of just hot lapping at the moment, think I might get F1 2016 while AC sort out some of the issues which I hope will be soon as would love this sim to succeed on consoles.

meledward23 and MBK72 like this.
  11. birel101

birel101 Rookie

I'm very bored too, I don't play it now as i can't get pass the KTM crossbow races on easy:0 and online has serious fps issues. Project cars had so many issues at launch too but was more playable than this, Sony and Microsoft has to stop allowing these games to be released with so many problems? I mean this game will probably be a excellent game in 6months time just like project cars was but we pay money for a new release and get a beta more or less!

I think it's time to start making consoles without hard drives so the devs have to get it right before release:0

Fix the bloody game please most of us have been through this already with project cars and now we have to go through it again with assetto corsa...

MBK72 likes this.
  12. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

So you get bored ? Just take any car you like on the Nordschleife and have fun or try to beat your own time.
    I don't understand how people get bored just driving a car, take it to its limits and just learn how to drive it properly and try to improve your own driving skills.
    Or do you already master every car on every track in the game ?

Skemekos123 likes this.
  13. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

I think the point they are trying to make is its also a racing game , and with the difficulties the way they are and the unbalance of some of the races the only thing left is to hot lap which if you purchased into a racing sim could lead to boredom and disappointment.

The last paragraph of your post I'll just ignore.

Brett Nagle, MBK72 and Tuscani08 like this.
  14. birel101

birel101 Rookie

I'm no time attack person and I really do hate the Norsschleife, I love to race other cars on race tracks, my time is limited and do not have time to sit in front the xbox all day tweaking and a twerking:0

15. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Just to be clear, i had no intention to offend somebody.
    And i do agree with a lot of people the career and the special events are too difficult in some places. I have problems myself with a lot of those special events.
    But meanwhile i'm waiting for a patch, i'm having a blast just driving a car and improving myself because i'm not a talented driver myself.

16. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I've posted so many negative posts on the forum since this game has come out about this game, but I keep on saying I love the way the cars feel/handle on the wheel it's superb, but there's only so many laps I can do in practice mode. Hot lap no point without a leaderboard. I love racing on multiplayer with my mates, that competitive edge is far better than any career against ai. But I don't want to sound negative but this racing game as it is at moment has the worst multiplayer I've seen. If/when if ever it gets private lobbies and customisable events then I shall be happy.

Tuscani08, Bibbles and MBK72 like this.
  17. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

I agree with and im doing like wise, that said I did feel like a good ole race last night so set myself up 30 laps on Brands hatch GP in GT3 class , ok I was being out gunned but massive disappointment when all the AI all pitted on me again handing me the win on a plate, I won't be doing that again.

Career I just don't bother with now until it gets patched its just to unbalanced and the difficulties are all over the place.

Last career race I did was the first lotus championship I was holding my own in 2nd set to easy when two laps before the end two of the back markers gained incredible pace passed me and 1st and went on the nearly half a lap ahead , I thought whats the point of trying when for some strange reason certain AI gain 100 bhp mid race .

Footnote:

I class myself as a pretty good game racer but some of these races even on easy for me are neigh on impossible ( not to proud to say it ) how casual players are going to manage as the career progress's I never know.
    Casuals should be able to have a good battle on medium not an impossible task on easy.

Brett Nagle, RoccoTTS and Tuscani08 like this.
  18. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

So many people are reporting that, so funny in a strange way, It must have happened when they was testing it, except the testers must have been excited with the win so they left it in. Lol

Bibbles likes this.
  19. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

REMINDER - Please try and remain friendly with one another or we will be forced to lock this thread. Thanks!

20. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

As the OP can I request that rather than lock the thread, which is a fact based comparison, you remove any of the argumentative comments as view as argumentative you have done with other threads. You've closed a couple of my fact based reporting threads because, most often pc players have jumped in with an argumentative opinion. I think the difficulty level is now a well documented issue so the thread deserves to be here on merit.

birel101 and Brett Nagle like this.