1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Career Mode: Just how much more difficult is the console version

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by MBK72, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Maybe you should read again then.

Boris Lozac likes this.
  2. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Google is great isn't it.

I notice you didn't mention the ability to change files on the pc version in your response. Any reason for that?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  3. What are you even talking about? Change files, change file values, let the ai drive the damn car, try whatever you want and it is all but a sure thing that somebody else has tried it and since been banned because RSR checks for all that. (and much more)

Anyways, from now on please use real facts while pushing your agenda, and not something that 'you think you read'

4. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Pushing an agenda? Wow that is some paranoia. Thanks for confirming the above changes are possible on pc though, exactly what I was cautioning the person who suggested this little competition about. If you see the opening thread is a fact based comparison once again we are drifting off track.

Like I said elsewhere in the other thread, I'll post it here in a closed community where the devs can see it or I can post it elsewhere in the open.

Brett Nagle likes this.
  5. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

If you can acknowledge your comments are patronizing why would you post them in this thread when they add nothing to the actual discussion at hand?

This has been said in this thread already, but I will say it one last time. Just because YOU think a game needs to be played a certain way or is more rewarding playing it this or that way, does not mean those same principles apply to everyone else. Not everyone has a buddy to lap with. I do not have one real life friend that plays video games anymore let alone a small game like AC, so asking my buddy to set a time is not an option for me, and it is not an option for many others too. My schedule for playing is never set in stone, so relying on meeting people online, joining a league, or in my opinion relying on others to make the game fun for me is not something I find useful. So I am an offline racer that enjoys racing against the AI.

Now I did not buy AC for the career mode. I bought it for the race weekends, great car collection, the amazing FFB, and physics. Having said that I acknowledge that some people bought this game for other reasons, whether that be the career mode, drifting, special events, or any other reason. Just because I am not super into the career mode does not mean I think others who are should just accept it in its current state or that the way I enjoy the game the most is better than their way and they should just adapt (as you are purposing). Not everyone's goal when playing AC is to set the fastest lap time possible. If someone wants to try and beat the career mode as that is where their enjoyment of the game comes from than they should have a right to enjoy it that way. In AC's current state on console the career mode is not easily accessible to many people. I am not saying it should be a walk in the part, but if someone wants to enjoy the game without becoming a driving expert, than they should be allowed to enjoy the game too.

This is supposed to be a thread that discusses issues with difficulty settings on console compared to PC, not a thread that dumps on people that want to enjoy a career mode because "they should enjoy the game in the same way I do."

MBK72 likes this.
  6. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

They get much harder, some even on easy are close on impossible to win or even come close, if your a casual racer you will soon get very disillusioned with this game.
    Unless they adapt this game greatly for console players it will not survive on this system and Kudos will lose a large revenue, it may or may not have better physics than Pcars but it certainly doesn't have the playability or depth or player adaptability of Pcars.

MBK72 likes this.
  7. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

What I would like to see done in tandem with adding multiplayer private lobbies is correcting the AI slider and allowing console players to set their own custom grids. That way Kunos is not only addressing an issue for online players, but also providing an update that greatly helps offline racers as well.

8. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

If anyone is in paranoia it's you :) A dodgy lap can be detected from miles, and RSR has a VERY good detection of that, i once tried to eliminate that sound of stones hitting the bottom of the car, because i was driving on a snow mod track, and the stones sound was annoying, so i went into some .INI file that some people suggested and put some audio values to "0". It didn't worked but boy was i banned from RSR the next day lol. Took me a few personal messages to explain myself and be unbanned.
    So yeah, they are very cautious with a good detection.
    If you are fishy about the no1 lap time, just go for the 5th place on the boards or something.

@Brett Nagle
    What i meant by 'buddy' is not necessarily a real life friend, but someone you know online, or you organise a forum competition, ANYTHING is better then AI..

9. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Gamer

@Brett Nagle
    What i meant by 'buddy' is not necessarily a real life friend, but someone you know online, or you organise a forum competition, ANYTHING is better then AI..[/QUOTE]

I addressed this point already. YOU may feel anything is better than AI, but I disagree. You have your opinion I have mine. I think it is better getting on a game on my own time racing the AI than trying to collaborate with others online to set up a race or hot lap challenge or whatever it may be. I have participated in online races before and I did not enjoy it. The racing was fun, but the time commitment was an annoyance. I have enough things dictating my schedule in my life. I don't need playing video games added to that list. I play when I can, and in my case it takes way to much effort to try and organize with people online to race or play together than it does to race against the AI on my own time when it permits.

MBK72 likes this.
  10. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

He's talking about things that happen on just about every game on PC, so modding is not a fact of AC huh?

Maybe if you actually knew what you were doing you would have succeeded, if you had to follow others' you clearly aren't capable of modding yourself so I don't find it hard to believe you wouldn't know what you were doing, which makes your comment invalid. There are plenty of people out there capable of doing things you couldn't even imagine simply because you don't think like that. Good as their detection system is I can guarantee it's not perfect and people will still find ways to circumvent it. By your logic computers should never get hacked because web security is there...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    MBK72 likes this.
  11. What does that have to do with RSR?

12. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

What does RSR have to do with this console thread? What do you have to do with the console forum? It was brought up, and used a benchmark and an attempt was made to claim RSR did not have to deal with modders. That's what it has to do with it, so what do you have to do with this forum again? Exit's that way bruh, PC is somewhere else.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    HAZEYNIGHTS and MBK72 like this.
  13. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

Thanks bro for the info, I didn't notice there was a thread on Xbox side, so I think I'm right about that on ps4, hope kunos will fix this asap....here below is my YouTube video of that crazy match, finally won with Easy difficulty...that was fun though!

MBK72 likes this.
  14. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

This lot are just crazed fanboys I'm afraid you will get no sense just defence of the pc game. RSR has had an will still have plenty of cheats for exactly the reasons people have already outlined. AC is a pc game that allows mods therefore you can cheat.

Reporting of suspect laps (3/4 of the page down if you can be bothered to wade through it all) is even included in the RSR set up guide, I just checked and that feature is very much alive and kicking. These instructions also show just how complicated getting the most basic scoreboard to work on AC is on the mighty pc. It's also full of minor bugs but as a 3rd party free add on app this is to be expected. It's an OK app, when it is working, but not a patch on the live leaderboards and rivals modes we've had for years on every other AAA car or racing related game.

http://nkpro.radiators-champ.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=257&Itemid=115

They tell us having no leaderboard on the console version isn't an issue yet the RSR live timing discussion runs to over 260 pages in the 'secret' Steam area. Another major omission from a AAA priced racing game along with the lack of private online lobbies, unbalanced career, unbalanced AI difficulty and all the missing features already listed.

The fact remains the career mode is more difficult on the console and there is no confirmed reason why. Cars are the same (some terrible setups on the console version though), grip is the same, tracks are the same yet they 'decided' to make the events about 10s per lap more difficult on easy and Special Event time trials 2-3.5s more difficult overall. Now if there was solid leaderboard data that showed the average console users were going faster there would be good reasoning. I don't believe for one minute any reasoning went into the decision and the whole game balancing issues was never even considered, the game was just rushed out the door with no play testing.

Brett Nagle, Deckard2028 and Bibbles like this.
  15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

adjusting temp doesnt make a world of difference. whilst trying to test if the Lotus 25 is too slow in AC vs real life I did some laps with the lowest temp possible trying to get nearer to Jim Clark's 1963 Q time and even at Monza66 which surely would be the track that most benefits from low temp for extra power I only managed 1:40.085 0.5 sec faster than my time at 26c (which im fairly sure I could get closer to low temp time with the extra practice ive had with that combo.)

16. The career mode is simply unbalanced and some events are not playable for average players. Even for them who know the breakpoints and cornerspeed. It should fixed asap if kunos want to lose not a lot of players.
    For me is it not the biggest issue because I'm more interested in Time Trial and Race Weekends.
    But that difficulty is unfair. How can I win with E30 when I'm 5 sec. Slower in my fastest lap on easy.

MBK72 likes this.
  17. So now the pc support forums are 'secret' huh? You would think that somebody that has been here for a couple years would know that you have to associate your Steam account with these forums so that their is proof that you own the game and the devs don't have to waste time providing support to pirates. But yeah, let mr. instigator up there continue to rattle your cages with his own version of facts.
    Anyways, here is a nugget of info for you guys straight from the head honcho's FB page:
    Marco Massarutto
    Working on performance, tearing, AI balance, gamepad balance, hotfixes and much more. Definetely a good step ahead.

Assetto Corsa #PS4 #XB1

18. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

To those only in the console areas those pages are 'secret' - hence my use of the ' '. Pirates that is an interesting one, I doubt the Steam association does much to weed out the key reseller bought copies and a quick google search should turn you up a good read on where those keys sometimes come from. Will they also be attempting to weed out users who buy used copies of the console game too because the devs don't get any money from them either? I will indeed keep rattling cages thanks with the facts whether you or any other other players like it or not. I've already taken the issues up with the relevant other interested parties including the publisher and Microsoft, both have taken more interest than I expected. New releases with game breaking performance, missing half the advertised features (misrepresenting in adverts is illegal in the UK) and with a long list of bugs need to be called on it. On Steam it was in Early Access, you get some goodwill and time, AAA releases like this you get robust feedback. In my view AC on console is as broken as Arkham Knight was on PC in terms of gameplay performance and that was pulled and refunded until it was fixed.

Re the facebook stuff, good glad to hear it, more communication from the actual devs would help, action will still speak louder than words though and so far we've seen one patch that worked for a day or 2 then went backwards again. I do hope you sent him a like on the message cos if I'm mr. instigator you must be his Number One Fan.

Brett Nagle likes this.
  19. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

:rolleyes: did you read the friendly reminder or does it not apply to you?