1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Community Update: Private Lobbies

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Mar 16, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

How about saving that junk for PRC......

2. Yes me to, but trying to find it will be like a needle in a haystack.

PRO Stream BG likes this.
  3. And it was likely made before the last button mapping update went live. If it was even stated at all.

4. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

So what you think is better have differend button presets for EACH type of wheel or is better to have a free custom mapping by ourselfs?! I think with open mapping gone a be easy to cover the needs of the people and the differend wheels ..than makes presets for every wheel ...

Reinart86 and Carlos_Fandango like this.
  5. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

And how about if is true and they not give us one of the MOST requested feature!? And all this waiting for many gone a be for none reason!? Do you think this is good!? I hope they work on it and i was so happy with the answer of Lord Kunos who says finaly the BM is not part of the incoming update and agree to wait for it a bit more, but after "this is not necessary" all change at worst...and i hope is a missunderstanding and he want to say different thing than we not give this feature never because "we think is not necessary"! And if is true ...oohh myy god, how many people gone a be mad!

6. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

To my memory, this is the first time anyone from Kunos has replied on button mapping, all the other conversations have been between gamers and presumptions of what's being done or coming. I understand that there's far too many options you have on pc to assign to our limited amount of buttons on our wheels. Keep the options for buttons we have at moment plus look left/right and let us assign them where we prefer, I'd personally get rid of the horn and headlights and replace with look left/right. It's possible to do because p cars does it.
    I think it's good that lord Kunos has entered into conversation about button mapping.

Carlos_Fandango likes this.
  7. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Really bad news Lord...

Me and the users with trusthmaster wheels (T150 in my case) in August we were able to look left and right with the R2 and L2 buttons on preset 1.
    Now we aren't able to look left or right.

In hybrid cars we can't change ABS or TC levels on the 3 presets.

On trusthmaster if we want the option to look left or right we have to choose the preset 3... Specific for Logitech G29... Than we can look left or right with the D-pad but if we change the brake balance.. Every single time the "horn" activates also.

In every preset there's things missing or no working as intended.

Just as in the screen after loading the track.. In the quick settings IU using the D-Pad right button (preset 1) the lights of all the car goes on and off.
    In some cases it changes also in the same quick settings IU the brake balance when moving up and down with the D-pad.

Here you have a report to send to the team and start to corroborate and work on it.

But honestly, personalised button mapping is one of the most demanding features of the console version users in this support forum and others.

So would be greatfull to at least try to code this very demanded feature.

For the rest, thanks for the little teasers and information about the next update you let here and there, and keep up the good work.

See you around.

8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Thanks for answering.

I think it is critical. It is probably the feature that people request the most (after privates lobbies).

The main issue right now is that on lobbies where the TC and the ABS are set to factory, with hybrid cars you can not change them (because the buttons asigned to it are set to change the MGU K, charge mode... etc).

But the problem is not enteraly solved with button mapping. Assetto has a huge amount of actions needed when racing, so to offer a full experience, keyboard compatibility is needed with the same urgency. Without it we'll have to choose very few options from a vast selection: TC, ABS, brake bias, hybrid modes, MGU K delivery, lights, looking right and left, voting (wich by the way stopped working at the last update)....

It surprise me a lot if Im honest that the creator of one of the most popular simulators thinks button mapping it's not necessary.

Reinart86 and moniker_a like this.
  9. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Is it not possible to add USB keyboard support alongside custom button mapping ? When pCARS launched, they had issues with custom button maps which were largely solved by allowing you to use a keyboard to map the lesser used functions to.
    Things like brake balance, MGU settings, KERS deployment etc can be mapped to the keyboard, whereas essential things like look left/right/behind can be set to the D pad for example. I have no need for a horn on the wheel, some do, but some don't so the option whether to have it on the wheel or on the keyboard should be upto the individual.
    This system of wheel and keyboard custom mapping works really well in pCARS, it'd be great to do the same with AC !

10. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Hey guys could one of you go here: .https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/bug-reports.59/

Make a new post, reporting the issue with the wheel/presets that are not working as intended...
    Could you include in your post:

Wheel -
    Preset# -
    Car used(may be multiple or specific to one, or a specific function thaty only affects one class of car) -

Then the other guys can go in and confirm the part of the OP that applies to them, or the issues they've come across.

To the guys that follow up on and add to thread...

Pls don't start spamming the thread with a wishlist or just replying with - blah deblah deblah.
    That's a sure way for it to get locked and then no-one wins.
    Be polite and as concise as possible and hopefuly, your thread will get prioritised while at the same time, gather momentum.
    The more people that can post/confirm/reply(concisely) about the issue, the better.

Every person that does follow up and add to it, should make only one reply.
    This way it keeps the thread clean and it also makes it easier for the dev's to see the important info.
    ie. what needs changed/fixed. :)

tia...

LeDude83, stefanoCasillo and Donnced2 like this.
  11. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Agree with you but i dont care if they just make a button mapping only ,without keyboard support (I say this because i dont see issue before picking up the type of car to set up functions what actualy gone a use) i do this in Pcars before keyboard support for exemple if i pick up road car i set up handbrake with sure but on GT3 car is not necessary and i set other function there , but for every type of cars must be L2 look left and R2 look right (in case of T300RS this buttons are better to look around and not the arrows) to use a presets in AC i need 3 at least for t300rs one for road cars, one for race cars and one for drift, with a really good placement for the wheel and not random once, and i think must be less work to make free custom buttons like in Pcars and other games with cars :) than presets for every wheel and type of car! (or none functional presets like now after patch 1.9)

12. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Did you read my post above.??

Pls go and officially report the issue you're having...

LeDude83 and PRO Stream BG like this.
  13. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Yes i do it tomorrow after edit the picture of the wheel buttons and who works and not also gone a incluide a proper layouts suggestions if they dicide to make it and not open button mapping! Thx for that post

Donnced2 and paulieGTR like this.
  14. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Hi guys!

I've also made a tread in the console lounge with a feature request, the personalised button mapping feature.

How more we are, more probability to make us been listening and have a chance to see it implemented.
    Just reply in the tread in a polite and respectful way so it doesn't get closed.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/feature-request-personal-button-mapping.44823/

Thanks in advance to everyone who is interested in the personalised button mapping feature

15. hoss2852

hoss2852 Gamer

I tell you what why dont you go and buy the console version so you can at least talk with some authority about it.

Carlos_Fandango likes this.
  16. moniker_a

moniker_a Rookie

Thanks for the reply about this. I guess I understand why it's not technically necessary (like pedal calibration, which is definitely necessary, and I hope gets implemented some day - I sent 505 a support ticket already about that), but I do think button mapping and keyboard compatibility are important features that are missing from a great sim.

Without it, we're forced to use our peripherals a prescribed way - or not at all, in the case of my button box. I think if the PC version has it, the PS4/XBox versions should have it as well. Hopefully, you and your team change your minds about it. Thanks again.

17. on PC every steering wheel uses the same code, there is no reliable way to determine the connected hardware.
    On XB1 the situation is pretty much the same but with less buttons potentially available, on PS4 every wheel has it's own code path so it's possible to identify the wheel and configure it properly.

At the moment, we've had a lot of people asking for BM but exactly 0, as in ZERO threads explaining what the problem actually is...

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    LeDude83 and paulieGTR like this.
  18. what lie? Where did we talk about BM before? I am pretty sure I didn't, but I always keep the door open for possible misunderstandings in my wording or somebody else from my team.

You have 24h to either find where we talked about BM or correct yourself and retire your accusations.. if you don't I guess your time on this forum is done.

pippo10, paul_wev and paulieGTR like this.
  19. Bu11it88

Bu11it88 Rookie

I'm on XB1 with a Fanatec wheel, I use preset 1 exclusively, because the other doesn't make much sense with my wheels, and on the hybrid cars I can only change the MGU-K recupperation percentage, not the deployment mode, not the MHU-H configuration and neighter the ABS-Mode, on top of that I am not able to activate the DRS. Those are things that should be available during the race but even when they are not you could include them in the setup as a quick fix.

You should also roll back the P1 to the hybrid system it had up to Version 1.03, it now has regenerative braking, what is not the reality ( I wrote this to 505, but it wasn't fixed till today)

20. for the last time, and this is going to be my last message regarding this stuff.

OPEN A THREAD WITH A CLEAR DESCRIPTION OF YOUR PROBLEM if you want to see these stuff fixed. You post here, it'll be ignored.

Again, for the last time, it's up to you. Do not expect any other communication or comment until a clear dataset of issues is available, the only way to do that is do as instructed and open a thread with:

- Platform xb1/ps4
    - Wheel
    - Missing functions
    - Duplicate functions

LK out