1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Community Update: Private Lobbies

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Mar 16, 2017.

1. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I have tried TH official settings, and they don't work well at all on tarmac.

This is not a matter of personal appreciation. Tarmac physics on Dirt rally are badly designed (at least in PS4).

The best tests to show how poor Dirt is on tarmac are:
    -donuts: impossible to do donuts
    -180º turns: instant grip when the turning ends
    -reverse and then first gear: SLRE show much more complex reaction
    -moose test: dirt show much more grip
    -understeer test: much less understeer
    -Drift: impossible to drift with ffb on (forgot to mention that), better without it but still very difficult and unnatural

In the other hand SLRE tyre model is quite good.

Predefined ffb should reproduced the closest feeling to the real car. Then you can add whatever the options you want, but if it doesn't offer a good predefined ffb, it isn't a good ffb. And neither in Dirt Rally or PCars, looking for other settings different than the original ones solve the problem enterally. Pretty embarrassing for PCars and Dirt Rally that The Crew can offer a better ffb (not joking).

Well... no. I said by the community, not by me. I have only tried RBR mods (different to original RBR) on tarmac just the enough time to realise that it feels very close to SLRE (handbrake included).

I've just heard from you that it has input lag. Never suffered/noticed it.
    Agree with colision physics.
    Not agree at all. IMO is all the way around (on tarmac).
    Not agree. Compare the handbrake of Dirt with RBR mods, AC and SLRE. SLRE is the least powerfull of the four (with predefined set up). In the same line is RBR mods. AC has a little bit more powerfull handbrake than those two. And then, very far from the other three, is Dirt Rally. Is not realistic that you can use handbrake all the time to solve your problems. The prove is that scandinavian flick is not necessarily on Dirt Rally, because the handbrake works always. No matter the speed no matter the angle of your car. Is clearly something they brought from Dirt 1,2,3.

And if in SLRE handbrake power is the problem, you can adjust it at "set up".

If AC runs at 30 fps, will it be less simulator? No, it will have the same physics and ffb.

Agree. My point was Dirt Rally is not the best example of post development support because it was very poor, and the game had some lacks (content, wheel animation, tarmac ffb, AI gap...), some of them game breaking.

2. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

yea, that's what made me queston if that was now going to be possible because I remembered that from back in the forza days, as far as online racing I have found I cant really run races with out having to pause for some reason or the other. Wether its pausing to let my hands rest to prevent cramping ( I'm a old man) or pausing to scratch my ***, its a must for me to be able to pause the race for a minute.

3. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Here you have a good post about the importance of a minimum of 60fps in racing games..

https://steamcommunity.com/app/241560/discussions/0/34096318669939263/

The perfect rate for driving games should be 120fps.

You like more SLR...ok for me.
    I just like more and give me a more realistic feeling dirt rally.

For the rest, none simulator match real life;)
    About FFB settings, i prefer the setting options of dirt Rally and Pcars of those of Assetto Corsa console versions. (im not talking about feeling..)
    I really wanted the same FFB settings as the PC version has.

4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Im not negating the importance of fps. Im negating that if a game doesn't have minimum 60 fps, is no longer a simulator.

I show you evidence that SLRE is a better simulator than Dirt Rally on tarmac and you keep saying you prefer Dirt Rally (again, implying is a matter of personal apreciation). Im afraid we reached the end of the discussion.

5. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

A good sim should go at 60fps... That is all i said...

You said that you like the physics of dirt Rally on snow and gravel... The car Physics are the same all time, even on tarmac.
    Can the tarmac (surface) give a better "feel" trough the wheel with a bit more vibration.. yes,why not, never said the opposite.

I got a friend that is mechanic ho do Rally i went with him a few times and like i said, Dirt Rally for me has a more realistic feeling. Don't care about videos,just personal feeling.

Because simulate grip, tyres, surfaces,temperatures is quite difficult, cause even in real life... A set of tyres can give you an amount of grip and an other set of same brand and type of tyre on same pressure an complete different amount of grip...if you add to that the million of combinations possible of other external changes that can affect the behaviour of a car... Uffff
    Each dev team has also an different point of view and aproche to what is a realistic feeling for them even using the same CAD information about the car.

It's all video games, that can show / simulate some basics but none of them equal real life.

Look even to the professional dedicated simulators like those that F1 teams have..
    They try new aero additions that on the simulation works perfect....and once they made the new update aero piece and try it on real track it doesn't work...

For FFB... It's just the same.... I can set up some settings that for me are realistic, but for you they aren't and viceversa.
    They have to simulate all behaviour from a car trough a "toy" wheel... While in a real car a lot of information goes through the seat to your body.
    Like tarmac.... In a real car you feel more the road trough your butt than trough the wheel.

And yes, the discussion is finished, cause we are completely offtopic.

Because the original point of view mine was the difference between the two Assetto Corsa (PC & consoles) that are quite different and with an quite different post realese support.

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

A video show a car on tarmac behaving like a real one on SLRE and not behaving like a real one on Dirt Rally. SLRE=realistic Dirt Rally=not realistic.

"The Earth is flat" "No no, the evidence shows it's round" "I don't care about the evidence, my sensation when I travel is that it is flat"

LeDude83 and @P73 like this.
  7. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

From all what i said you keep stuck with the video... Compartive video Maked With the Audi Quattro S1 that doesn't have handbrake in real life..

Yup the earth is round! That's true

About input lag from SLRE that wasn't true for you.
    http://sebastienloebrallyevo.com/announced-the-release-of-patch-2-for-playstation4/

8. It's been nearly a week since the last real soon, can we please see the full list of everything to expect in the next update, thanks.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    IndianJones and Donnced2 like this.
  9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

The video is the evidence, what is true. And what a coincidence! In the four most clarifying test (scandinavian flick, moose test, understeer test, donuts), no handbrake is used.

And the handbrake is not the point, that only concern on how both developers created the car; not the tire model, behaving on the surface or whatever you wanna call it. The point is how the car reacts in contact with tarmac: grip, slide, grip after slide, understeer, oversteer....

I bought the game on April. You are judging a game by a mistake it had during two weeks after the release?

I seriously can't understand how a guy that knows quite a bit about sim racing world can negate such a clear evidence.

PD: When they launch the Quattro on consoles, I will add AC clips.

10. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

About donuts, handling shown here seems close to your SLRE clip. Video by Schnipp:

About handbrake tests:
    "No handbrake at all. Central diff can't open when handbrake is pulled, so even if you can put a hydraulic handbrake, strong enough, then it would lock all 4 wheels... so no handbrake. Scandinavian flick is your friend." - Aris

SlimCharles likes this.
  11. I'm in the wrong thread I thought it was:-
    Community Update: Private Lobbies

12. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

You maybe also now that the hillclimb on Dirt Rally received a criticised update (1.02) ho Added more grip and changed the hillclimb cars behaviour making them able to full attack pikes peak.
    There's diference between normal Rally stages and the hillclimb.

Second, like i already said, in both games the car has handbrake, which the real car doesn't.

Would like to see a comparative video but with dirt rally on 1.0 in the hillclimb where there was different grip.

Not a single game match real life

But globally and personaly i find dirt rally's feeling more realistic.

Every game has good points and bad points... Dirt rally vs. SLRE in my opinion is a win for Dirt giving a more complete sim..it has less cars and tracks than SLRE but it's a win in all the rest.

Assetto Corsa isn't perfect also...
    For example, take a car and go in a track uphill...brake,stop the car and put neutral gear....
    In real life thanks to the weight and track inclination the car go backwards.
    In Assetto the car keep quiet.

But if in Assetto you go in downhill section, stop the car and put neutral gear.. There yes the car starts to move due inertia.

Make this Assetto more arcade? Nope.

Is there a perfect simulation game?Nope.

Same car will behave different in Assetto, iracing, Rfactor, GT,Forza,SLRE,dirt rally, RBR,raceroom, Automobilista, GTR2,Pcars etc etc etc.

One game will simulate better one thing, and other game will simulate better and other things... But none of them equal real life just as simple as that.

So personal feeling that you receive from a game is quite important... And one of the things what do you say "hey... That is quite accurate to what i feel in a real life car".

If the simulation was perfect... All The cars would behave equal en every single game.

Have a nice day

paul_wev likes this.
  13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Jesus christ. Even if a I show you real cars behaving like in AC or SLRE or the ****ing Walter Rohrl saying Dirt is rubish on tarmac, you are gonna keep saying you prefer it.

For me this set a precedent to next discussions. How can I discuss something with you if you are gonna negate the evidence when this doesn't match your opinions? I end the offtopic for real.

14. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

There are real professional drivers that says that Assetto is too slow in direction changes.
    Makes that a worse sim? No.

Virtual cars vs real cars there's a lot, from AC, to Pcars, up to dirt rally or a GT game.

There's real drivers talking bad about games and others talking good about games..

I prefer globaly Dirt Rally above SLRE because for me it's a more complete sim.

You read only what you want to read, not what I'm trying to say.

I play a game to enjoy mostly racing leagues and have fun.

If i want to "simulate" real life i go karting or go to a open track day.

None game for good sim it is match the real world.

And, yes end of discussion.

See you around here

15. degobiol

degobiol Gamer

And once again, a PC users chat in console lounge... Who ask for their opinion?

Donald_Trump2016 and Flavus like this.
  16. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

I play Assetto Corsa on PS4..... So, I'm in the correct lounge ;)

svenvangent likes this.
  17. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Nice attitude man, apparently you own this forum ?

ps I'm on pc AND xbox1 ;)

SlimCharles likes this.
  18. degobiol

degobiol Gamer

This was not for you, sorry for confusion.

Donnced2 likes this.
  19. Thought l would stop by to read the real soon! Full list of everything you can expect in our next update but can't find anything?

DUNKY- DOPEUS and ppbucko like this.