1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Community Update: Private Lobbies

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Mar 16, 2017.

1. I own and have played both for many hours. Project Cars feels like an arcade racer compared to Assetto Corsa. In Project Cars theres still the bug where the whole room lags when anyone enters online, no penalty for false starts bug and horrible netcode.

LeDude83 likes this.
  2. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Again.... What has bugs,physics, behavior to see with post realese support?

On PS4 you received the same features, options, new content maximum a week after the PC version.

That is what we are really talking about.
    In Assetto Corsa console there's a lot of features and options and content missing from PC version and that isn't even planed to include it.
    FFB system, AI difficulty systems aren't also the same... Lot of difference the makes console versions and PC version two different games... With only one thing that is the same (physics engine)

That you get problems in project cars online.. For wat you said.. You was playing in public lobbies... I dont play on public lobbies, only private lobbies with full grid and don't get more problems than other games..

All games have bugs, issues,errors ... Assetto Corsa have them too.

I didn't came here to discuss what game has better physics or simulate better one thing than other.... In case of Pcars and Assetto... Both games got their strong points and week points in physics and simulation.

The best physics and simulation is take your car and go to a race track.
    Or take special lessons on events that that your local racetrack organise.

hoss2852, Reinart86 and ppbucko like this.
  3. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

P cars room only lags big time in qualification when someone joins, you can't join lobby when race starts so isn't a issue. If your playing in private lobby which most do it's not a issue, your mates join party chat and are then invited to join when everyone's in pits.
    There is a penalty for false starts on p cars, there's also full track limits, you can also set up the lobby exactly how you want it. As for assetto so far online it's abysmal.
    P cars actually runs a lot smoother as well even with weather system enabled where as assetto is a micro stuttering mess.

hoss2852 and Donnced2 like this.
  4. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

The worst online bug in p cars is sometimes when the race starts you loose all force feedback. We get round this bug by shouting out in lobby every comes to a stop, until they have reset there wheel then we have a rolling start. Lol

DatNoiseV12 and Donnced2 like this.
  5. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Any news about the custom championship creator?.

My continued playing on the game hinges on this addition.

6. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

I know its apple and oranges but how pcars felt was according to how you had the endless options set. You could set the game to play like you wanted it to and EVERYTHING had a huge effect on how the car felt and the game played. Also, what could be fixed on pcars was fixed and what couldn't be fixed wasn't fixed. That's was just the end result of the game and they cant exactly work a miracle to fix what couldn't be fixed. To be honest I'm surprised their wasn't more issues on the console version with both pc and console versions being the same. Sure project cars had glaring issues but the console version of that game was treated well. Treated as close to the P.C. as it possible could be. We could allways be confident the console version was being treated fairly without having the WTF moments. We could get excited about news of new cars and tracks because we didn't have to wonder if and how many months it will be before consoles would get them. We knew we would get the new car every month and we did. We got every feature that was in the P.C. version besides the mods. That counts for a lot and takes alot of the sting out of the issues the first game had. Unless I'm mistaken, As far as the extra time it takes because of approval on consoles. That extra time causing our wait takes place after it is submitted and it has been shown that its possible for us to get a new car every month even with that approval wait. Even the console players that didn't like pcars in particular they should at least admire the way they chose to approach and handle the console side of that game. As we see across the board in all gaming, not all game makers are going to make the effort to do that. When we do see one making that effort like pcars did we need to pat them on the back.

7. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

PCars was built from the ground up with console in mind, AFAIK, so the comparison isn't fair.

And, from memory, SMS pretty much said "that'll do" after a handful of patches and freebie cars before announcing PCars 2.

Kunos, on the other hand, aren't fully satisfied with AC which is why we still, after years, have more updates and additions to look forward to - most of which will be free.

If you want more from PCars it'll cost you £50 when the new game drops.

As far as feel is concerned, I'd happily jump into a car in AC and not touch a single setting rather than having to spend 20/mins arseing about in PCars to fix the terrible defaults.

8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

First, I tried your trick: doesnt do anything (tuned on PS4>put PS3 mode on the wheel>launched dirt rally> played dirt rally>tuned off PS4>turned on PS4launch dirt rally>played dirt rally). But thanks anyway.

We must be playing very different versions... because I just cant understand how a guy that knows what AC is about can say Dirt achieved natural feeling on tarmac. It just isn't. FFB: totally unnatural, does opposite force when oversteering and almost no comunicative at all. Physics: arcady and more unnatural than driveclub. The grip level is too high. There is almost no progression between the slide and the straight driving. Impossible to hold a slide or drift.

No, that is not my problem. For two resons: 1 I tried several settings a non of them work on tarmac. 2 the developer have to offer decent predefined settings. Is not the job of the user to get mad finding decent settings (like in Dirt or PCars).

The fix came in a week, I dont care if they had it done already in 2 hours. The fact is that we, the users, recieved it in a week, just like with assetto.

Content is not a basic feature? Number of rally stages is not a basic feature in a rally game? By the way that wasn't exactly my point. My point is: developer announce wont have certain feature/content, but doesnt reddem itself from not adding them if they are needed.

I think they are enough... but not "more than enough". Rallying is about dealing with the unknown. Difficult to deal with the unknown when there are really like 3-4 stages per rally.

Definetly we have played totally different versions. Absolutely not agree:

-No input lag at all in SLRE. Impossible that I have played this game that many hours with something like that without noticing it (with predefined settings).

-Bad handbrake? Original RBR and Dirt rally both have too exaggerated handbrake. No matter if you are driving at 2 kph, the handbrake gets you instantly at 90º from your driving line. Meanwhile, in SLRE and most recent RBR mods (the best rally sim by the community), the handbrake doesn't solve your problems alone. You have to use weight shifting a lot more.

-Weight shifting: a little better on SLRE than original RBR and Dirt Rally. On the first one, the cars seem to weight almost nothing (I have seen other people reporting this problem), o the second one is not so exagerated at all, and is very close to SLRE. But it seems there is a little less weight shifting.

-Left foot breaking: in SLRE this is more noticeable. You can use a lot more the brake pedal to help you steering.

-Tarmac: I said what already think about Dirt Rally tarmac. SLRE tarmac is quite decent even compared with hardcore sims, and much more close to AC than DR (If this one is even close...). You can hold the slide nicely with 4wd cars, just like in AC. The FFB is quite good too.

-Other things: Snow banks: better in dirt rally. RWD cars: better in dirt rally. FWD cars: a bit better on slre. Dirt Rally gets better the bumps and deformations. Jumps feel better in dirt rally. The punctures are very good designed on SLRE (i don't think is possible to feel that on Dirt).

-Other surfaces: ice is better in dirt rally (much less grip and much more noticeable). Mud is on par, just like gravel and snow.

For me SLRE is the second best driving experience in PS4. Better than PCars or Dirt.

onepueblo, Straight6lover and @P73 like this.
  9. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

The trick was given on the support forums...It worked out for lot of people.
    Not for.. OK I'm sorry.
    Still, go to the thurstmaster Facebook page and search the recommended FFB settings for Dirt Rally.

Starting from a point that none simulator match real life.. We indeed will have played a different game then.
    Could Dirt Rally have a bit more Road feeling? Yes.
    But behaviour on tarmac and from the cars have a good feeling for me.
    I've don't get any problem to slide and maintain a drift in dirt rally...

About FFB settings.... What i want to feel trough the weel is maybe not the same that you want to feel or other person.
    I Like the liberty to make the FFB feeling with options..
    Just Like i like the feedback feel I've achieved on Project C.A.R.S... The only bad thing is the bad explanation of each option.

I miss in Assetto min force, filter, per car gain, and pedal calibration.... FFB isnt perfect also....At least the should given the same options as on PC.

At least we are on a point that RBR is the best of road simulator.

About SLR....i played it since day one.
    Just search the changelogs and you will see the input lag problems...and They didn't completely get rid off...
    Colision Physics are really bad, car balance? They gave floaty feeling... Handbrake? Even my car has more powerful handbrake than Rally cars.
    In dirt rally it's more realistic.

You call SLR an "simulation" and it goes at 30fps on consoles... And not even solid.

But like i said, the real question of the discussion is... Pcars on the 3 platforms has an equal treatment and updates after launch... Features, options and content the Same on the 3 platforms.
    Same for Dirt Rally, same for F1 2016, same for F1 2015 and other games.

Not for Assetto Corsa.... They don't receive the same updates and the games are different, not with Same options, features and content.

10. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

all in all its really not a bad time for console racing. Every game out there, arcade or otherwise, is still miles ahead of anything we have ever seen before. It wasn't to long ago none of this stuff was even possible on consoles. For myself, were P.C. gaming simply isn't possible, I'm mostly satisfied with where console racing is the moment. Well, as soon as I get those cockpit view options I will be. Game makers seem to be breaking out of the silly Forza logic of consoles don't need certain options and features. Certain Car makes are being allowed to be added into todays games. It really is a good time for us console racers to finally be in.

11. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

......I love testing what the game does and the car does. I enjoy a game having the range of endless things I can test and so on. Sometimes I think I like testing just as much as I like actually racing. With it now being so long in between new games. Just being able to do that, doubles the life I can get out of the game. Just pounding around with the same feel and having the same race over and over again can get a bit dull after awhile. Say if I notice I keep qualifying in the same position for any given track over and over again then its fun to change the game up in the handling options and start new. Change some option setting to get it to feel different and race that for awhile until that feeling gets dull and change them again.

12. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I didn't enjoy Project CARS, but I can perfectly understand the point you're making and I agree with you about that, well said.
    Wonder if we'll have to wait some extra weeks for Laguna Seca as well. Hopefully Kunos will get the timing right and we won't have to.

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  13. Still no list?

OS-ONLAINE-BR and DatNoiseV12 like this.
  14. Donald, I'm waiting, but now a little more patient than before. The complicated thing is that yesterday the online servers did not work on all versions of the consoles, we were in 31 riders ready to run Spa GT3, after a week of training and all the wear and tear that continues being organize races online and get expelling intruders ... Imagine The surprise when everyone arrives for the competition and no servers ... At the time I went here on the Kunos site to see if I had an official note about it, if it was programmed for testing purposes for the launch of the customizable servers ... FOR MY SURPRISE, I SAW ONE OF THE MEMBERS OF KUNOS POSTED TODAY MORNING THAT THEY HAD NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT SUCH A FACT AND THAT WAS LOOKING FOR A SOLUTION ... KKKK
    It was ugly for me, because I kept insisting that the fall of the servers was due to tests for the launch of the customizable rooms ...
    But it's okay Kunos, I will not complain, I will keep waiting and tried to make the few friends who still have patience, like me, do not abandon the boat, after all, WE HAVE NO OTHER SIMULATOR TO FIT THE SEAT PHYSICS, BUT The time runs against Kunos ...

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  15. DAVEY-D

DAVEY-D Rookie

I know private lobbies will be a great addition to AC, and that is fine if you have lots of friends to race with or you are racing with a club, but what about custom lobbies where you can choose cars, tracks & settings and wait for the public to populate it, I know public lobbies can be carnage but with the right settings you can fill a room with the hardcore racers as the casual racers will leave if you have assists turned off or forced manual gears, and perhaps users could search custom lobbies using filters, Driveclub has private lobbies, but I never use them because I would have to invite people in to play, the option to create a lobby and choose either private or public in the initial setup would be great.

16. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

forgive me for my noob queston, I don't race online with other real players. My queston is, will private servers allow me to set up a race ( assuming it would have to be online although with a AI grid , not interested in "online" with real people) and allow me to pick what cars I want on the grid? For example with gt cars and the Porsche lmp1 car also on the track at the same time?

17. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I don't think that's possible.

18. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Who Knows, I doubt it. But you can with forza. If you get in a good clean lobby with people you can trust, you cant beat online for racing.

19. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

Is online with AI exactly the same as offline racing?

Sure the answer us no either way, Stefano said he assumed the offline class limitations will remain for private servers and I seriously doubt the AI can cope with multi class ATM, hopefully AI will move up the 'to do' list once we all stop screaming about private servers, button maps etc, etc.

But, as ppbucko says, you can't beat clean online racing - just forget anything other than survival through turn one and you're set.

paul_wev likes this.