1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Community Update: Private Lobbies

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

Us not getting the cars doesn't really bother me that much. I'm just looking for the added cockpit view options. So don't let me make you think I'm heart broken over not getting the cars. Its really no big deal to me at the moment

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Things still need to get ported over. I dont think you can take the car files as they are and just put them in the game on xbone/ps4 and they are probably still testing the private lobbies and whatever is coming, since the patch are supposed to get sent to submission in the end of this month.

3. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

I'm sure there is a lot involved. I would imagine not really being interested in bringing things to consoles probally makes its that much harder and time consuming when the time comes when they have to start working on getting something to the console version. Let them do the best they can do I guess

4. You would imagine wrong then. Kunos/505 have a team (albeit a small one) whose only jobs is to convert the pc code to work on the consoles. What they 'like' or 'dislike' has nothing to do with anything. The fact that the patch approval process takes anywhere from three to six weeks is the reason that updates are much slower on the consoles.

5. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

3 to 6 weeks lol
    Codemasters f1 2016 had 5 patches on Xbox in first 3 weeks.
    Even assetto did a hot fix on PS4 dor bug in 7 days.

Donald_Trump2016 and ohjeah like this.
  6. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

I thought they (Kunos) have to pay to release patch, and they have a tolerance of few days to release an imminent fix if somethings gone wrong with last one.

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  7. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

We are getting the Audi S1 Sport Quattro. I don't expect to see the 2 Mazdas and the Porsche although I would be delighted to be proven wrong.

8. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

+ m4 akrapovic and the stage 3 gallardo .

btw, about the approval process, last time it took about two weeks

Scuderia Paul and SlimCharles like this.
  9. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Hi! The truth is that Assetto Corsa console is a complete different version of the Assetto Corsa PC...it has a complete diferent IU and a lot of less options, descriptions and features.. Even the FFB system / settings are different and so on.
    The HuD is also quite different and has less apps than on PC, neither personalization..we don’t have false starts either.. And even the "pit crew view" is different (view from above on consoles, lateral view on PC).
    Even the AI difficulty setting is quite different.

Only thing that are the same is the physics.. And even those are some steps behind the PC version still.

We all know that Kunos is a small team.
    And we all know that Sony & Microsoft have an approval process that steam doesn't have.

I realy think that the big difference is because the PC version and console versions are like two different games.
    Not an equal port.

The aproval process said by slightly mad studios is between 5 workdays and 2 weeks.
    Their game doesn't have differences like Assetto on consoles and PC... And achieved to launch the same update for the 3 platforms... Sometimes with a little delay of some hours up to a week maximum.

For other games... Like F1 or even Dirt Rally just the same... No huge delay between the launch of updates on the 3 platforms and the same update for the 3 platforms.

So... What is really happening with Kunos / 505Games on Assetto Corsa we don't gonna know.. But the games are quite different... So That can be the culprit that the porting of features and more is quite more complex on consoles due the differences between the games.

DatNoiseV12, GhostMan, fbetes and 3 others like this.
  10. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Pc port gets sent to console team. Then it probably takes 3 weeks to remove all the features we want, then another 3 weeks to port what's left. 2 weeks to get through cert process. There's the 2 months we're always behind.
    Just my take on things.

@P73 likes this.
  11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Dirt Rally is not a good example of post release development IMO. They ****ed up all TH wheels in one update, and it took a week to fix it. AC had a problem equally important, and took the same time. Then, they didn't support the game after release at all, when there was lack of content, and game breaking problems like the ffb on tarmac.

AC problem is far more serious (Dirt Rally was a finished game in the release), but, like I said, Dirt rally is not the ideal example of post release support.

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  12. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

The post realese updates on Dirt Rally where the same as on all platforms.

All extra cars and tracks where added in prealpha on PC before the launch on consoles.
    But for the rest it's an equal port from PC to consoles
    They have also said since beginning that no DLC's was planed to add on post release. So don't understand the plains on that.

The broken FFB bug that came in with an update on consoles was fixed in 5 days.

The "lack" off FFB on tarmac was explained by themselves an is more a limitation of The old EGO 3.0 engine they used and not the new EGO 4.0 engine.

But anyway, you really feel the differences when you go from tarmac on iced tarmac and viceversa.
    You can also go to the thurstmaster Facebook page, there they've posted the recommended FFB settings for each wheel and they improve a lot the feeling.

There's also a problem on PS4 that they don't achieved to get rid of, but there's a "fix" if you don't have strong good FFB.

Put your wheel in "PS3" position... Start PS4 and dirt Rally... Play a bit.
    Reset the PS4 an put your wheel on "PS4" mode.. You will see and feel the difference.

I don't know why the PS4 version of dirt Rally has the worst FFB... Because on PC an Xbox One it's good and strong FFB from out the box.

ppbucko likes this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I can tell you why other games have the same patch dates, because pc players had/have to wait for their updates in other games just so console could get them at the same time. Im not a pc gamer to be limited by Microsoft and Sony. Even if steam doesnt have any approval process we get it in most games because of console having it and that is ****ed up.

14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

No. It took a week to fix that. From 16/06 to 24/06.

They sold the game for 70 euros with far less content than AC. That they didn't lie, doesn't mean they did the right thing. Just like AC didn't add private lobbies (as console users understand them) or leaderboards.

Well, it's funny that Codemaster blame their lack of technical options, when Milestone with a probably far worse engine has achieved a much better tarmac result.

Is not just the lack of strength. Dirt ffb works well in all surfaces (with that lack of strength for less powerful wheels), but in tarmac is just unplayable. When oversteering, the wheel works the wrong way. To add that, the physics on that surfaces are not well made. Dirt rally on tarmac is one of the most annoying games I have played with wheel. And I have tried three settings (original, TH official and my own).

Thanks a lot, I will try that.

Donnced2 and paul_wev like this.
  15. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Try first to get the good FFB settings, then play with the car balance..
    The behaviour with front engine, Mid engine, 4 wheel drive, rear wheel drive or front wheel drive is quite different and need a different way to drive them even on tarmac.
    For me they achieved a quite natural and realistic feeling.
    I think your problem is that you need to work more your FFB options to achieve a feeling that pleases what your looking for.
    That is just one off the strong points of Assetto Corsa... The FFB system is good right out of the box..Just Like the GT games do also BTW.

The fix came in 5 workdays... In The weekend they don't do approval process in Sony and Microsoft Said on the forums by SMS and Microsoft..so if they say so..we will have to believe them.

About the price of the game.. I've paid 65E at launch for Dirt Rally special edition with the blueray from Colin Mcrae live story and the the metal art box.
    Don't compare a basic features as private lobbies with a limited number of tracks and cars...That is just no sense.

I'm very pleased with the content of dirt Rally.... Leaderboards, daily, weekly and monthly special events, nice career mode within having to manage your engineer team and getting better your cars..RX Online races.. Rally leagues made in website... Button mapping, false starts, you can use 2 Shifters at one time (one configured as handbrake and the other and gear stick) ... So i would say that in features and content it's way above on Assetto.
    For The rest... It's like track racing... You try to go faster and faster on each stage playing with your setup.

A lot of stages and cars? Nope... But more than enough to enjoy hours and hours off rallying

I've played SLR and took a lot of time to get rid of the exaggerated input lag, really bad handbrake implementation and floaty as hell...realy bad colision physics.. for me The best Rally game is still RBR and then Dirt Rally.
    I don't say SLR is a bad game.. But in general terms it doesn't reach the levels of dirt Rally and RBR.

16. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

They got similar patch days... Like Pcars for example... Sometimes The update came up on steam, then 3 days after on PS4 and a week after on Xbox One.
    But the 3 platforms received the exact same version with new content and features... The only difference was in some bug fixes... Each platform geted some specific fixes.

And there was an update and DLC each month on the 3 platforms..
    If something was wrong and broken in a specific platform then it received an specific hotfix.

By Kunos.... The diference is huge... Because the are very different starting with the IU... So i understand that the work is different as the porting of content and features and it's impossible to match the console version with the PC version.
    They are completely maked in a different way.

GhostMan and ppbucko like this.
  17. l thought the gulf between PC and console regarding advancement within the performance parameters of each platform was stated that it would only narrow? Unless the next update/patch for console is major then the gulf is increasing, the lag in release dates because of the console verification process barring DLC is of no consequence as they don't contain the same level of update. As we still don't know what the next update/patch consists off let us hope it's because off being added to on a daily basis reducing the gulf to a gap.

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  18. All the differences you named are very insignificant and petty. Who cares about the UI as long as it works? The PC guys actually seem to want the console UI more anyway. You don't sound like a dev to be but rather just making bold assumptions.

The game is identical in the driving experience. and thats what matters.

Also the physics engine of the F1 games and Project Cars don't nearly have the same ammount of detail AC does.

its funny how people are defending PC2 even though the first one, to this day, has game breaking bugs that make the game unplayable and pretty underwhelming physics.

@P73 likes this.
  19. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Try and play both versions and then we talk again ok?

For the rest... What got physics to see with post realese support....????

For The rest, none simulator is perfect.. And give you the same sensation and "physics" as a real car... Not Pcars, not Assetto, not other games... Because they are just that....games.

hoss2852 and OctoberDusk06 like this.