1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Compared to real life? Well...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SimGeek, Nov 23, 2013.

1. sirnicolai

sirnicolai Rookie

I think we are talking about a racing car simulator vs a human-driving-a-racing-car simulator.
    Personally (and im not arguing, im just putting my 2c in) im only interested in the racing car and track simulation. I want to feel the car and the track and the grip, but I dont care about camera/visual simulation.
    No matter how realistic they make these games they are still a game, and until we can get affordable full motion simulators (http://www.force-dynamics.com/) then im happy with visuals that make it easier to see the track and the apex's.
    Of course once we can all afford those full motion simulators, the game makers wont have to worry about visual simulation, they could just lock the view to the car and the simulator shaking our bodies around would create all the visual simulation we'd need :)

2. pawelkpl

pawelkpl Rookie

Try project cars, it has the best camera experience IMHO. I think assetto corsa should have options (slider) for "shaking". more game, video, sound options = better for players

3. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I've played a bit with the g-force multipliers and found a setup that I really like. No fake shake, but enough movement to really "feel" the G-forces in teh car. Makes it much more involving to drive.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  4. K Szczech

K Szczech Rookie

Even if camera shaking improves immersion, it's bad for eyes.

You may want to consider it, before using such "cool features", because you only have one pair of eyes for your entire lifetime :) We will probably be spending more time in our sims, than many racing drivers in their actual cars.

Camera movement can be helpful, but you need to keep it at bay.

5. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

And then they made oculus... :) just in case we weren't close enough of our screens. And 3d still give me headaches after a while, sometimes minutes :-\

But hey, lets get options and sliders, i'm all for customization. There's always something for all to be happy this way :)

Sent from my bq Edison using Tapatalk

6. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

There's a plugin for rFactor called "realhead" or something like that which improves dramatically the onboard feel. The head movements and the shaking become terrific and add tons of imersion on the racing experience.

I hope something similar be implemented to Assetto Corsa since the driver eye camera is too static for my taste. I think a lot of complaining about lack of felling or "simcade" talk will vanish as soon as we have a more realistic movements in cockpit camera.

7. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

Yes, I'd prefer the car/dash to have the vibes but no crazy shakes. I prefer lock to horizon off as I actually like the shaky physics based bumps and watching the horizon bounce around. I just hate seeing the dash bounce but my wheel is static, especially running a superFOV setup, you know?

edit - I think the most clear way to describe this is to say I'd love to lock the camera to the car, yet allow some high frequency vibes (not jumping, diving or in/out) in the car. I want the horizon moving realistically based on what the road surface is doing to the car.

8. SimGeek

SimGeek Rookie

People say it should be this way or that way because car works this way and human (or chicken!) head works that way. I fully understand all you are saying but all I am addressing is how does it FEEL compared to the real world? Both AC and iracing are on the "flat" side. The video "rFactor2 Mclaren MP4/4" with the head mashing motion would be on the "hot" side (the driver needs to tighten his shoulder belt ;)). Somewhere in between would be optimal.

9. i dont want fake stuff in the sim, if it has to shake then it must be from real 3d bumps on track

10. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Try this. Feels great in the 2-11 and other medium downforce cars. Might be a bit too much in the high g-force cars and a little too weak in the street cars. From the Ca,rea_onboard.ini in your user/assetto Corsa/cfg/ folder

[GFORCES]
    MIX=-0.015,-0.075,-0.015
    LAG=0.8

11. l2l

l2l Gamer

For those who have a Project CARS licence (think that game is the real today competitor for AC), there is a nice option (not default) you can add to have a good vibration/shake effect that give you a very good view of the environment (in all POV, inside car and outaside car), and really really a fantastic perception of speed. This option doesn't ruin the modern graphic and doesn't have an influence on physic, all the opposite, IMHO return an awesome experience.

Hope someone here has PCARS too, and can confirm this. I think this can be an important point of realism development.

12. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Racer

I personally hate shake in racing sims, it annoys me to no end with some of the Rfactor 2 mods that take it too far, it's so unrealistic and I don't understand why people want to play a simulation as if they are driving the car by looking at the image through a cheap mounted camera, instead of a simulation of how they would actually see things through their own eyes in the real world.

The important part is that the simulator isn't simulating onboard footage of a racing car, it's simulating driving a racing car, and driving a racing car has nothing to do with shaky vision, or seeing the cockpit bounce around. That Mclaren MP4/4 Rfactor 2 mod is hilarious.

13. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

I2I i have but i just use world movement. But
    I can confirm reports of people liking it. Helmet cam rules to.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

14. spliff

spliff Gamer

i hope you're just joking.

the "vibration" you see is caused by the camera. by the way a digital camera works, actually. i won't go into details, but trust me when i tell you that real humans sitting in a racecar do NOT experience these "vibrations". so do you want a "tv camera simulator", or do you want a "racecar driver simulator"? it's your choice!

mistery likes this.
  15. l2l

l2l Gamer

Are you joking too?? Have you ever been (passenger too) in a racecar, or in a common (yes common too) car in a oper track session?? This just to say that even when I go to workplace I have some vibration. :) Probably we have a different concept of vibration.

16. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

I think he's saying our eyes don't perceive the vibration like a camera does.

17. Horus

Horus Alien

I raced Motorbikes and I can promise you nailing a corner over grids, pot holes and on a two stroke 500cc RG had more vibration than a flock of girls at an Ann Summers party. Did it impact on my eyes, no, was my head shacking about like it was attached on springs, yes it did. You can feel ever bump, crack and twitch in every part of your body but your eyes will spot an apex without issue. I agree the steering should be affected by lumps and bumps and I am sure the Dev team will make it more realistic, but we are still many moons away from a finished article and as such there are some good ideas being posted, especially having sliders so if people want to suffer epileptic episodes they can is a great idea (well for them anyway, I'll avoid screen shake as it is not very realistic).

I mean it though the more options available the better, as long as the default is a good balanced sim/game. Leave the rest to personal preference, as long as those who just want to jump in a quick race should have as close to console feel or conversely the most realistic sim available to them.

TomTrick, Tucker73 and mistery like this.
  18. l2l

l2l Gamer

..and that is absolutly correct, but we perceive a more light one (not none), I'm talking about an in game effect of this type, just to be more realistic (realistic for eyes too!!).

19. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Horus you luck §×π√~÷ :) i had the pleasure or riding one Yamaha RD500 and i know what you mean. It was never so scared of riding a bike btw - also because it is a very rare bike and it wasn't mine.

But yes, our brain corrects all these shakes but obviously it also depends on where one is looking. Closer thinks are moving quite a bit but as far as road goes our own steadycam :). Does a nice job. Go nature :)

Sent from my bq Edison using Tapatalk

20. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

There's also a profound difference in head vibration and reaction to g-force depending on if you are driving or a passenger. I've been watching onboard videos of my trackdays, and my passengers looks like bobblehead dolls compared to me, as I know exactly when I'm braking and turning in. Also, looking at me in my road car on track I can se very little actual vibration, except in very bumpy braking zones or corners where the g-load is already very high.

have a look at my passenger compared to me, the driver