1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

OK DLSS 2.0 - Promising technology that ACC could benefit from

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by XzzDSA, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Raytracing is amazing to recreate real shadows (although at the expense of very high GPU usage), but shadows are very likely one of the things that ACC and sims in general - not only Witchers and the like - use to improve visuals very much.

Just take a peek at this:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...car-shadow-distance.63740/page-4#post-1154377

With raytracing, the devs would not have to worry anymore with shadows, with the GPU doing all the work.
    The issue remains in processing power required, but DLSS given a very nice boast in performance with raytracing on.
    So, sorry to disagree with you, but sims can also benefit greatly with raytracing and precisely in one area, shadows, where it will be quite noticeable the visual improvements.

Let's not return back to the years when a simracers liked to say that graphics didn't matter and as long physics were good the rest was not important.
    Not that's what you're saying, but it's not now, nor it was before, that visuals aren't an important part of a sim. Agree that great physics and performance are essential and visuals alone aren't enough, but that doesn't mean they aren’t important too.

2. houssen

houssen Racer

3. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

If you take a peek at my posts about it, my opinion is unlikely, at least for the near future, and I expressed the reasons of my view about it (UE version update, time schedule to do it, heavy use of custom scripts, testing time to see if anything broken with the changes, plus considering DLSS and raytracing are only a valid for Nvidia costumers with RTX 20 and 30 cards, so only those will see any changes)

However, that doens't mean I don't think that DLSS and even raytracing wouldn't be welcome to ACC, if that ever happens.

houssen likes this.
  4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I would almost be more interested in RTX for reflections then shadows, real mirrors FTW!

5. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Hope you’re upgrading your system (if your signature is current) or you’re wasting your money on a 3090. A 6700k processor will seriously limit what you can do with such a fast card.

6. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Yep I'm picking parts from the shop already as a wish list. The current setup can't even fit the 3090 :)

7. LukFry

LukFry Racer

we definetley need DLSS in ACC

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

chksix likes this.
  8. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Would be awesome if nvidia could make it work on non supporting games for VR. ACC will probably never be compatible with DLSS natively due to the engine.

9. Zeeflyboy

Zeeflyboy Gamer

I know it's unlikely, but just to add my voice to those wanting it - especially now that DLSS2.1 supports VR it would be a way for us to enjoy significantly better VR performance which has always been a weak point of this game relative to other driving sims.

It could also tbh do with better multi-core CPU optimisation to prevent CPU bottlenecking at the higher refresh rates, but hopefully if it lives up to expectations then Zen3 might go some way to reducing that problem at the typical 90hz. Would still be good to see better use of all the cores we now have available in mainstream CPUs.

chksix likes this.
  10. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Still this game uses deferred rendering not forward rendering like so man other racing sims. That's the main reason you have such a hard time in VR.

chksix likes this.
  11. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

I've readed somewhere UE 4.26 will feature DLSS so IF kunos updates it's UE version it could be a possibility (I don't know for further impediments)

Ernie and LuckyMic like this.
  12. Zeeflyboy

Zeeflyboy Gamer

I'm certainly no expert when it comes to Kunos, but I gather the general perception is they are unlikely to move to a newer branch of UE4 for fear of breaking all the custom work they've done.

13. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Maybe it is not impossible, but it would require a lot of work to port (and re-check all is still working) the engine to a new version which supports DLSS (and RT).

14. Ryan Rennoir

Ryan Rennoir Gamer

yeah upgrading 4 ue4 version at once easy, done in 5min :D

i'm sure it won't happen :p

you update from 22 to 23, then check the whole mess the update did (might have broke the rendering of the car who know :confused:) ,may be unpatch some ue4 bug that you patched yourself and apply the real unreal patch. Then implement some nice feature the update added (because wtf do you update if you add nothing) and voila do that 4 times xD

Might just take months or a year depending on how many people would work just on that :rolleyes:, at this point just start fresh :D

dlss will save acc vr ? well if you run on a low end / mid range gpu you might get the same perf as a high end one who is currently cpu bottlenecked xD
    gpu usuage not at 100% ? dlss will do nothing for you.

15. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

Yeah yeah I know all these stuff, just saying right now there is a possibility, before that I guess they should have rented nvidia supercomputer for applying compatibility for DLSS in exchange of a lot of money and the money they needed to put to code (hundreds?) lines of specific code, not to mention custom changes to UE, it was pretty much impossible.

Now there is a possibility, they can do it if they want to spend hours of time at just cost price

I don't care about asking for things, it's just the good news

Thank god I don't need it :p

16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I don’t believe Nvidia charges to do the analysis, it’s in their interest to have as many games support dlss well so they can sell more GPU’s that run the feature (not that they are struggling to sell GPU’s at the moment...)

17. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

And what does that mean?
    We all know that UE supports DLSS in the actual engine version, did you just arrive at that information and wanted to throw this old news in this thread again?

Please read at least some of the thread before you post anything answered many times already:
    ACC will not update the UE engine version due to the massive code extensions and modifications Kunos did themselves and which not allow for a easy and smooth engine update.

Dewald Nel likes this.
  18. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Stop spreading lies, you know they just don't want to press one button to have a better game :D

AndyK70 likes this.
  19. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021