1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DLSS 3.0 for RTX 40 Series

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by TheFinalBoss, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I don't use VR, so I've uploaded a video with Nvidia CP settings, ACC video settings and benchmarked it using 2 resolutions: monitor's default 3840x1600 and 5120x2133, using Nvidia 1.78x DSR set in control panel.
    My PC specs are those below, but the point is that the RTX 4090 runs ACC with 36 cars, with all options maxed out, in any resolution, even above 4K (DSR runs at a higher resolution and downscales it to the monitor native resolution, so DSR 1.73x is 30% above 4K).

Micii1 likes this.
  2. antych

antych Rookie

You're only hitting around 75fps with your gpu usage at 50/80%. Your cpu clearly isn't keeping up in this scenario.

3. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
  4. antych

antych Rookie

Just curious, do you Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling turned on in Windows? I remember it was causing issues in ACC VR, so I always had it off. I had to turn it on to test DLSS3 in A Plague Tale because otherwise it doesn't show up in options. I later fired up ACC and noticed performance being a lot worse. Turned off HAGS and it's back to normal. Perhaps you have it on which would explain why you're getting worse performance. What's weird is that with HAGS on, fpsVR shows cpu times green like nothing is wrong, but the framerate drops below 90 and I can feel it in the game.

5. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

DLSS 3.0 ? when, Nvidia says it's very easy to implement 3.0 is 2.0 is already implemented

6. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I'm jones'n to get this card installed. I have a new box (Corsair 5000D Airflow) on the dining room table with a dozen fans I'm installing ahead of time. My shiny new Gigabyte Windforce 24G RTX 4090 is in the closet with other various pieces of my build. Still waiting for motherboard and new i9 13900K :cool:

7. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

Dont you dear keep it in the closet. Let it out!!!!

cooknn likes this.
  8. RS61

RS61 Rookie

Ah interesting, I'll try this. Read about it somewhere but assumed that it was fixed by now.

In the end I caved and got a 13900k. No more CPU issues :) Can have a field of 30 cars and it barely goes above 1% utilisation. The 3900x was definitely an issue.

So now I don't have a CPU issue and don't have a gpu issue, but... Now steamvr takes about 5 minutes to load ACC. Black screen with a cursor, just have to wait it out, in the end it gets there. Have done several fresh windows reinstalls to see if something is clashing with it. Definitely a steamvr and Vive Console issue of some kind as when I don't have those installed acc starts up in an instant. But on the old processor / mobo I had them all running and vr acc would start in an instant too. The gremlins are endless!

9. RS61

RS61 Rookie

So in the end many things were messing me up. The old 3900x couldn't hack it, so needed upgrading. Then it turns out MSI Afterburner massively messes with the Vive, and causes degraded performance and skipped frames. Then I had to turn geforce control panel power setting to prefer max performance. And finally I had to turn off hardware accelerated scheduling as you suggested. With all that in place, I'm at 95% gpu usage, 1% cpu usage, rock solid 90 fps, and no frame drops at all. Still takes 5 minutes to launch or exit anything steamvr related, but that's a problem I can live with.

chksix likes this.
  10. antych

antych Rookie

Did you install Afterburner with rivatuner statistics server? I use it too and it doesn't seem to cause problems, but I always install it without the rivatuner overlay.

11. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

with 13900k and 4090, I have 60/70 fps in the worst condition, and 90/100 in good condition, in a race, without DLSS, with triple 1440p and all epic or max.
    I wonder when we can have DLSS 3.0, it's a must have feature, Nvidia claims it's easy to implement it, if DLSS 2.0 is already implemented.
    I need 120fps minimum at triple 1440p epic, I prefer without DLSS, but I need rtx 5090, so I will wait for this GPU with DLSS 3.0 and rtx 4090.

12. antych

antych Rookie

DLSS2 isn't enough, the game also needs to implement nvidia reflex for DLSS3 to be a drop in, which is not currently in ACC.

13. RS61

RS61 Rookie

Ah OK, I'm used to using it for my overlay to see what's going on in my non VR games. What do you use for your gpu / cpu stats overlay outside of VR?

14. antych

antych Rookie

Nvidia overlay that comes with GeForce Experience

15. RS61

RS61 Rookie

Nice, I'll check it out. It looked a bit basic in the past but it's been a while since I've tried it. Really I just need gpu / cpu frequency, temp and utilisation, and then framerate including the 0.1% lows etc. I'm guessing it should be able to do that.

16. John g

John g Simracer

Out of interest, have you compared Nvidia DSR with just increasing the resolution in game?

I have 120% resolution in game which looks much better than 100% on my 1440p screen. But i don't think Nvidia DSR you can apply on a per game basis which would be really annoying having to remember to turn it off every time i want to play cyberpunk or something. But if it makes a significant difference i might consider...

17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Actually I didn't compared DSR with ACC resolution scale.

However you don't have to use DSR on Nvidia CP per game.
    You can simply enable DSR and then change resolution in game.
    In ACC you can use a DSR resolution (selected in video option) and not use it Cyberpunk (use native monitor resolution instead).

John g likes this.
  18. Shark75

Shark75 Gamer

Would be great to see DLSS 3 support in ACC pretty please!

19. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

finally, after many tests, I can use triple 1440p without DLSS with a RTX 4090, DLSS introduces too much artifacts and bluriness....with medium rain, the framerate is at start at 80fps, but it's higher after, it's a pleasure to play ACC without DLSS at triple 1440p Epic.

20. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I realize now how much better ACC can look in VR with increased Pixel Density. The 4090 made it possible for me. Game changer.

chksix and Micii1 like this.