1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS ECU maps implementation

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jan 16, 2019.

1. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

What means a progressive, agressive and linear throttle map?

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  2. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

I think it is the way(quickness) the throttle valve opens when you push the accelerator

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

What i want to know is it drive-able ? :D

ignission likes this.
  4. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

but then you would assume that aggressive is the opposite of progressive, which would be weird since there is a "least progressive" mode which would then be equal to "most aggressive" which again would be a far less confusing term. But I have absolutly no clue and would be happy if this gets explained a little :confused::D

Epistolarius likes this.
  5. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Basically it's how acceleration (as movement forward, disregarding other conditions that can condition how fast the car moves forward, as grip, gear used, etc.) reacts to the throttle (pedal) position, based in a curve that relates the acceleration with throttle (pedal) position, how direct is the acceleration related to throttle use :

- progressive: the throttle (pedal movement) corresponds to a smaller amount of acceleration that will progressively increase as the pedal moves (pressed more); with a progressive map it's required to move the throttle (pedal) more to increase the acceleration achieved with the other throttle maps; 50% throttle (pedal) travel is less than 50% of maximum possible acceleration and 100% throttle (pedal fully pressed) can even be less than 100% of maximum acceleration (but not necessarily)

- linear: the throttle (pedal movement) corresponds always to the same amount of acceleration; with a linear map the amount of throttle (pedal movement) corresponds to the same amount of acceleration and will be the same throughout the total throttle (pedal movement) travel length; 50% throttle (pedal) travel is equal to 50% of maximum possible acceleration and, usually, 100% throttle (pedal fully pressed) is 100% of maximum acceleration

- aggressive: the throttle (pedal movement) corresponds to a greater amount of acceleration that sharply increase as the pedal moves (pressed more); with a aggressive map the throttle use (pedal movement) is less than with the other maps to achieve the same amount of acceleration; 50% throttle (pedal) travel is more than 50% of maximum possible acceleration and 100% throttle (pedal fully pressed) can not be even necessary to achieve 100% acceleration (but not necessarily).

6. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Any info about 4?
    Thank you.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  7. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

like in F1 "Overtake Mode" :p;)

Gunja likes this.
  8. No dry and wet mode at the Mercedes?

Gunja likes this.
  9. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Well it's Mercedes. They only really need the overtake button to "get in there" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

After_Midnight and Gunja like this.
  10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I had such an exciting 30 minute race recently with a guy called Adam Sheepek. It was at Monza and we were trading punches throughout the race. In the penultimate lap I realized I had 2.8 l of fuel left. So I had to let him go (he had a massive 5 l left, as he told me later :p) and start cruising to make it across the line. To help me save fuel, I changed the ECU map to 6. Which is not what I wanted, reading from Aris' first post in here ;-)

So map 5 would have been what I needed. Gladly, the guy in P4 was ~25 seconds behind and still 5 behind when I crossed the line.
    It was a fun race, especially because of this strategic twist. Like IRL sometimes, my racing skills became suddenly secondary.

LeiF, After_Midnight and Gunja like this.
  11. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Well, I'd love to know if anyone has actually done any testing of lap-time vs. map, and then also lap-time vs. lift-n-coast with the "fastest" map. Given that I haven't mapped a button yet for the ECUmap, I hope (and expect, actually) that a less thirsty driving style is very nearly as good as a different map...

12. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

Can you add these descriptions to the UI?

13. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

+1

And at least a short name in the HUD message when changing the mapping, please.

14. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Yes, agree. Came here to suggest the same exact thing. At lest then when the HUD message comes up, you understand more clearly what you are choosing. I realize that real drivers would know, but we are all likely jumping from car to car and I'm not sure memorizing all the settings is realistic for most players.

eracerhead, aotto1977 and PiretSS2000 like this.
  15. Tristan Cliffe

Tristan Cliffe Simracer

I made a handy little sheet that I'm going to print off and study when I choose a car. Thought I should share it. Might help somebody.

Attached Files:

16. tw1st

tw1st Racer

What is the difference between:

linear, progressive, aggressive throttle map?

17. Tristan Cliffe

Tristan Cliffe Simracer

Linear means that there is a straight line correlation between pedal and engine load (throttle, torque output? Not sure, maybe it depends on the car?)
    Progressive means that the throttle pedal is less sensitive, and you need to move it more to make the required change at the engine. The last little bit of throttle travel does a lot though.
    Aggressive will mean that small movements in the pedal equal big changes to the engine load/output, so you need to be quite sensitive with the throttle to control wheel slip.

SimGuy_1 and tw1st like this.
  18. DarthJysky

DarthJysky Gamer

How about putting those ECUmap explanations to setup right hand help text section. Would be nice to not needing a pdf, printed paper or browser to find out what each value mean.

19. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Thank you very much for you detailed information!

20. Tristan Cliffe

Tristan Cliffe Simracer

I guess it's a small team, so they can't do everything, and things are subject to change as the sim develops, so we have to accept paper and pdfs for some things. Even little things take time to do, and it all adds up. Be thankful this isn't a decent flight sim, where you NEED a manual of a few hundred pages for each plane or weapon.