1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Engine performance is now dependent on air density/temperature

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Arbuzzz, May 19, 2016.

1. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

It's not in changleog because air temperature has been affecting aerodynamics in AC for as long as I can remember. Only the engine power part is new.

marlo0081, Seria17hri11er and twizzR like this.
  2. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I disagree that a normal user can't tell the difference in performance with temperature. I feel a definite difference in my car if the temperature change overnight, for instance. Altitude is also a huge factor.

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

3. I think I heard that rally cars are 20% down on power at Mexico. The difference is so big you have to change your driving style just because of the power loss.

marlo0081 likes this.
  4. iVG

iVG Alien

Yep, same goes to Interlagos in F1.

marlo0081 likes this.
  5. HiTTeR

HiTTeR Gamer

Nah...this house has been started by the roof, in more than 2 years of development we only get cars, cars and more cars, im bored of read this simulation value joke, i have lost my faith in this last patch DLC, this is going to be long development that way, and i have no idea if it is going to be finished properly for real...im going to buy Automobilista and Rfactor 2 and enjoy simulation value 8,9, bored of that simcade you bring us here, im sorry, loved Kunos from the first day NKP arrived(who has a 6-7 simulation value), but today....not even engine stall...VR VR, another project cars, much graphics much vr, but not hardcore sim, good luck with assetto corsa in consoles...im pissed off now...good luck whit the 505 bastards, dont make another payday 2 dlc abussive bull****, oh wait this is the 4th DLC? Some brilliant mind are going to rip this game and transfer it to Rfactor 2 or Automobilista, and then, when people are playing AC tracks and cars with properly physics in Rfactor 2 or AMS, then dont cry, and understand that simulation value exist, and if Gran turismo or Forza has simulation value 1 then assetto corsa has 2, but others got 8, 9...so sad...

6. Have fun and don't let the door hit you in the...well, you know.
    (good luck getting those games with all their simulation value to actually simulate the AWS or the dynamic turbos in the cars when you, I mean, when somebody rips them into AMS or RF2)

7. HiTTeR

HiTTeR Gamer

Can you tell please me what is AWS?

8. You are the simulation expert; figure it out champ.

Tiago Lima, AccAkut, iVG and 8 others like this.
  9. HiTTeR

HiTTeR Gamer

Simulation expert, seems like i have hurt you? if yes, im sorry was not my intention, english are not my languaje, dont be so salty mate, im just depressed whit AC, i can not see light in the end of the tunnel, probably you see the light because you are betatester, or know something i dont, but for me the road are so long, i cant stay 2 or 3 years waiting for an engine to stall or a brakes overheat, or this way to start a race, understand me, i have waited more than 2 years and patches comes out and no one has what we need, or what i need (seems like not much people need more simulated thinghs)...come on

3 years for an engine to stall (iRacing way)
    3 years for a dynamic track
    3 years for brake fade
    3 years for night races
    3 years for rain
    3 years for tyre deformation
    3 years for false starts

Im 31 years old, add 21 years more and i will make a properly race in AC with 52 years, OMG in 21 years they can beat the payday 2 DLC's records mate...2 DLCs per year, are 42 damn DLCs xD help me to understand that...

cicimicikiller and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

So

3 years for an engine to stall (iRacing way) Do you plan to be stopd in a race track ? guess not cool thing to have , notsomething urgent

3 years for a dynamic track We dont have full fledged dinamic track cause there is other hing that maybe the devs need to spend their time in , or something , console stuff maybe for now , but what we have works and givers you configurable randomness

3 years for brake fade
    ac is manly road cars unlike iracing nad other sims / racing games do you want to pick a fiat 500 and be without brakes after half a lap in the ring ? ok go ahead ;)

3 years for night races
    Yes is something cool , now you can race from 8 to 18 , i think you can live with that some more time , or is nigth something that gives ac no simulation vlue not having it ?

3 years for rain
    Rain is something that irl people avoind driving in the rain , so is it urgent ? ermm , to drive a bit in the rain and the figuring out you are crashing a lot cause of it ? is something just cause its pretty

3 years for tyre deformation
    we have tyre deformation , not visual but we have it want visual go play live for speed , but bare in mind ac simulates it , just not visually not happy ? what can we do

3 years for false starts
    False starts are coool , in a sim , wil be cool having the wrecker be able to pull way like dont care , or go back to pits if you do it ? yee cooolll , simulation value over 9000

11. Lukapsb

Lukapsb Racer

In my oppinion thats the best thing, to be there with the community and watch the progress of AC patch after patch, and to be involved to some extent to help developers make AC better and better, that experience is why most of us are here, also to have fun while racing and meeting new people that share the same passsion as me.

But if you dont want to wait, who are we to stop you.

12. Only a fool would wait for things that he has been told are not ever happening; an even bigger fool would complain about things that he already has. Rain and Night have never been promised for AC, in fact it is the exact opposite, they have been confirmed as never happening long ago. The tracks are already dynamic, the tires already deform (just not visually), and engine stalling, false starts, and brake fade are not promised to ever happen, although they probably will at some point.

Anyways, your pleasant demeanor will surely be missed, but please, go play whatever game you like best.

Tiago Lima, nijeat, Kyo and 4 others like this.
  13. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

AC Does a great job giving good feed back on their development, even making polls to find out what the majority want, and working on that. I wonder what is the simulation value of engine stalls, something that happens in 1% of the time IRL.

14. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

If I stall once a year IRL, I feel like a jackass. But I only drive 10000 miles a year.

15. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Simulation is primarily about as accurate as current technology allows representation of a driving experience. It could be dry daylight weather driving expereince, but it needs to be accurate. Adding rain and night and graphical tyre deform (physcis of tyre deormation is present in AC), false starts do not change the core experience of driving on the edge of grip.
    Brake fade- yes, but not many current technology sims have this feature. AC will have it soon.

aphidgod and Tiago Lima like this.
  16. Well, if that was in response to

I was only talking about Water and Oil temperatures. Surely your GT86 Water and Oil temps are very stable and remain very close to the same temperatures whether it's 37C or 10C? And whatever variance they have, can you tell a performance difference?

What Hornbuckle said:

17. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

why does every thread in this forum have to get filled sooner or later with people arguing and jumping at each other throat?

so boring

18. I doubt it's just this forum. That's humans man. "That's what people do, maaannnnnnnn!"

MarcoTav and leon_90 like this.
  19. I would put it this way.......why do people have to constantly criticise Kunos when they are doing a fantastic job?

20. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

May be, but this ambient seems to provide the finest specimen

We evolved from Homo Sapiens to Homo Quaerens without even noticing it