1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Engine performance is now dependent on air density/temperature

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Arbuzzz, May 19, 2016.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

The tone makes music, sure.
    But also the background! The ones of us who bought into AC ea know that AC has come a long way. Seen it evolve, and might see what it might be up to.
    Don't tell us pls to search for the ultimate truth. We are here for a reason, mind that.

2. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

There was some difference in oil temp with ambient temp, but load is much more of a factor. The ECU start to pull timing at 110C, and that is easily reached on track. The oil in the gt86 easily reach 130C on track or when driving hard.
    Water temps are rock solid no matter what you do to the car.

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  3. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Im giving out warnings to those who went offtopic in this thread. If you apparently cant be bothered with reading the title and staying on topic then we will invite you to leave.

Thread cleaned.

4. Quertreiber

Quertreiber Racer

Cleaned? Sorry, but to me it looks like from post 45 downwards the whole page 3 is OT.

To the topic:
    Like Serialthriller asked already, does this include hight, too? Or will hight be implemented in the future?
    That's something i think about sometimes when i am driving at Pikes Peak. Would be absolutely awesome to feel the power decreasing and maybe the lag getting bigger when i'm driving at such a high hillclimb.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  5. Really good info, thanks.

Although, that is the ECU pulling power. I wonder what effect on power a high oil temp has on cars without ECUs? Certainly it has an effect; but how much? And is it worth coding? That's the ultimate question.

We can pretend right now that the GT86 in sim has been hacked so it doesn't pull power at 110C :p

6. AT monza with lambo:
    10º 285kmh
    23º 282kmh
    36º 279kmh

7. But before, it was already affecting downforce and topspeed due to downforce, i tested few months ago

8. next step is to Tie Track and air temps to the hour of the day and also Dinamic
    Kunos?

9. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I had an oil cooler. Let's pretend Subaru didn't cut corners on the production model and added that for all cars... ;)

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

10. TDS

TDS Alien

this^^^^^^
    we really need also the weather changing/transitions dinamically.

11. Rigel

Rigel Alien

Doesn't this happen already?

Seria17hri11er and LeDude83 like this.
  12. i don't think so unless i missed it.
    Only the time is progressing but the air temps are not tied to it, we have the same air/track temps the whole day.
    For realism if we have 15 at 8.am we should have more temps at 12 p.m. (as example)

13. Rigel

Rigel Alien

Only track temp seems to be affected.

1.jpg

2.jpg

14. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Are you sure about that?

15. PhilS13 is all knowing. ;)

16. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Very nice to know. Thanks for sharing the data. Could someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but are turbo charged cars affected differently by air density than normally aspirated cars? Engine output, I mean.

OT: Why didn't anyone tell that upset gentleman about the adjustable simulation value now in v1.6? He probably left his at 0. ;)

17. is that offline or online?
    Also is the same session? or you just loaded a new session? Cause there could be a randome setting when loading a session at least for multiplayer there is a variance setting wich would explain it. but still static

18. yes

19. i have no idea if they are affected diferently, i wish it does
    but easy to find out, go and do the same test?

20. Rigel

Rigel Alien

Offline, different sessions. There isn't variation, I loaded several times the same session and the temperatures stay the same.
    Yes it seems static, I tried with 360x time multiplier and it doesn't change during the day.