1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FWD or RWD info in Car Spec ??

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lazybug, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I had read some articles talking about toe in-out are setup differently for front & rear tyre depend if the car is FWD or RWD & is this also apply in AC ?? If yes then is it possible to show either the car is FWD or RWD in the car spec ?? Or already there somewhere but i miss it ??

[​IMG]

Thanks for the concern :)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    Kyo likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres FWD - on power oversteer? Nov 17, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Oversteering in FWD touring cars Jun 12, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Kunos a modern FWD touring car maybe? May 30, 2017
    Chit Chat Room New FWD Nordschleife laptime record by 2017 Civic Type R Apr 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Tips for driving FWD cars Jan 31, 2017
    Suggestions A new fwd focused Japanese dlc car pack? Jan 10, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Need more tire grip for FWD car May 23, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Fwd hooning... how?! Jan 19, 2016
    Chit Chat Room When will we get 4WD & FWD Cars Dec 24, 2013
    Screens & Videos RWD Evo hitting the streets of Japan Mar 15, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues ruf rt12r (RWD) default wings setup Jul 3, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Alfa 155 RWD only Jun 25, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Lamborghini gallardo sl step3 - rwd? Dec 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Ruf awd and rwd street tyres. Oct 22, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres How to....torque vectoring in rwd?? Aug 13, 2015

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

After driving the car you should be able to tell which layout the car is.

But since your a boy of time saving i guess they could put the layout of the car in the spec sheet.

The m3 being FR, the 458 being MR, the 500 being FF..

Rui Santos likes this.
  4. Kyo

Kyo Racer

I already know the drivetrain layouts of all the current cars but I think it can be useful info when more cars are added.

I also suggest the addition of engine configuration and displacement info as well.

Snarffu and Lazybug like this.
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

All relevant data should be in the car spec's, I'm in 100% agreement. :)

6. xaotik

xaotik either ether or the other Staff Member KS Dev Team

In the meantime you can use the filter tags (in the car list where it says "filter by" click on "tag" and then select "FWD" [currently 1 car really]). Or you can type "fwd" in the search box.

Or if you want to make it more interesting, type "rwd !semi" - that way you get a list of all rwd cars that aren't semi-automatic. Just combine search keywords - using "!" negates one so you can quickly filter out unwanted cars. For example if you want all Italian non-supercars just type "italy !supercar".

We'll likely be adding more data to cars, so that should help in filtering out content and finding what you want very quickly.

panda, Snarffu, Lazybug and 1 other person like this.
  7. plaid

plaid Alien

Would be a nice feature, for people who arent well informed about (the included) cars, even it isnt as necessary as in Forza/GT where are 500+ cars with many 4WD/FWD and many engine layouts. Many people dont even know, what a front mid-engine is.

A small icon with a car-sillouete, where the position of the engine and the WD are coloured could be useful.

Lazybug likes this.
  8. Horus

Horus Alien

Front mid engine! lol A bit of an oxy***** there me thinks. :)

P.S. Not saying you are wrong, just the words look silly together.

Lazybug likes this.
  9. plaid

plaid Alien

Im no expert regarding cars. Looking at Wiki I just saw how many cars actually exist:

FMR layout – Front Mid-engine / Rear-wheel drive
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Front mid-engine position / Rear-wheel drive
    These cars are RWD cars with engine placed between driver and front axle. However, due to the difference being fairly minor, these cars are referred to as FR cars instead.

FM4 layout – Front Mid-engine / Four-wheel drive
    This layout, similar to above FMR layout, with engine between driver and behind front axle, adds front wheel drive to become a four-wheel drive.
    +Mercedes SLS
    Simwise its interesting, cause it overal influence how the car acts/handles.

10. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Am sorry Sir but I must say some of you really has a good way to encourage any sim newbies to continue explore & enjoy the game, i dont know your age but let me tell you this i only 16 so how the hell you expect someone like me to do something like "After driving the car you should be able to tell which layout the car is" ?? You expect someone like me to know & understand all these thing just because you drive or even race for many years ?? WTF ??

I dont like to sound rude but some peoples here always see thing from their point of view only, i glad i dont have a father like you, my father always being understanding and act reasonably. By the way why not just make the car spec like the picture below since you already know all those car very well ??

[​IMG]

One more thing, i dont need your & some other people (you know who) answer for all my future question anymore, pls dont ever waste your time again with this lazy & stupid arcade player, there is an ignore function in this forum so use it. And yes I AM SERIOUS !!!!!

Horus likes this.
  11. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

If that is not a personal insult i don't know what is and i meant driving them in the game not in real life..

12. plaid

plaid Alien

Lazy I can understand your frustration, but simply try to filter out persons, where respect and the potential of a useful discussion isnt given.

No offense, but its exausting to read those reads, where those sim-experts appear and say whats wrong and right, then simply except other peoples opinions and them and the others try to "discuss".
    As soon as I read about Robolin, Rui, ChrisR or Dyingscotsman, I know, that there is a potential of strong disagreement.
    Others have similiar point of views or are HC-Racers, but tolerant about other kinds gamers. I would concentrate on them.

BTW: There is an ignore-function. Can be healthy and timesaving.

Lazybug likes this.
  13. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

To be fair, his question was answered by xaotik with something I (and I'm sure quite a few others) didn't know about, search !filter.

Lazybug likes this.
  14. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Thanks for that. By the way I not really mean to find some specific car, i dont have the taste saying especially love this car or that car, to me all the car is the same so i just pick one and play. But since toe setup is different depend on FWD or RWD so i just wish that info will be in the car spec sooner or later so i dont need to go google or search in game to check if a BMW Z4 E89 is FWD or RWD :cool:

After all thats what car spec are for, right ?? :rolleyes:

15. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I could add quite a few more to your list....

16. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Lazybug, please be polite and avoid personal offenses. This stuff on this forum is not tolerated. Thanks.

If you like cars, real and simulated, you could/should start to learn HOW a car works. In this case, Google is your best friend.

17. xaotik

xaotik either ether or the other Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes, I get what you're saying and we'll likely add info about the configuration of each car and probably have them as filtering tags as well.

But in the meantime you get to play a super cool (if rather easily predictable) mini-game called "FWD or RWD?", select the car you want by clicking on the "tick" icon on the lower left (that way you don't get sent to the track selection screen [another hidden thing]) and then press "filter by: TAG" and select one or the other - what will it be? Excitement and fun for the whole family!

Lazybug likes this.
  18. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

lazybug, in terms of how toe works on a car, between FWD and RWD it works the same, but they are setup differently depending what you want the car to do..

again, if you would of read my post rather than instantly dismissing it i told you how to setup toe between fwd and rwd.

19. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah thanks for the advise, from now on i will ignore them completely and even try to avoid them in MP but i wonder if they use the same name. By the way to me Dyingscotsman consider ok, he still has my respect, to me he much more steady & reasonable than those that you mention above :D

Of course i do meet some nice & understanding & helpful people here or in RaceDepartment, not all are that bad. Example you :D

By the way that FR / FF / FMR thing are just too complicated for me atm, you know i having a hard time right now learning all those setup theory from google for playing this game, i spend lot more time on reading & testing the setup than actually playing the game :confused:

20. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah got it.

21. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah thanks for the tips but then its really only one FWD in the game ?? Why so ?? FWD is bad or something ?? :D