1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game stock car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Steve Bullitt, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Barrichello destroying your theories here :rolleyes:

2. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

AC is definitely natural. I had a few track friends who don't play sims come over and try AC on my setup. Aside from difference in speed sensation you don't get in sims, they had it down very quickly. Within a few laps they were catching slides and pulling decent lap times once they learned the track. They were pleasantly surprised how real AC felt to real life compared to their experience trying sims in the past.

GSCE doesn't feel great to me at all, but I'm going to chalk that up to not having things configured optimally since so many people here swear by it.

Cote Dazur and yusupov like this.
  3. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Can't watch that from work, but read my 'rephrased' post again please.

4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

First thank you for sharing this, always a pleasure to see and hear Ruben, a great driver and a very nice men.
    Nice also to realize that he can perceive the difference between different brand of tyres using a G27, you might not need a super wheel to really get a good feeling of what a SIM is communicating after all.
    Lastly, having a Brazilian hero saying praise about a Brazilian game, is predictable but still shows that if it is good enough for him, who are we to say that it is not worthy of our interest.

5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

The modern brazilian stock cars are nice to drive in the game. The cars can be compared somehow to the mclaren 12c gt3. But still like more the 12c gt3, is more exciting.

wedge_one likes this.
  6. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

After reading quite a few guys feel that rF2 has superior Physics, I went and purchased a year membership to give it a whirl for myself. Well 6 hours later (2 3hr sessions) I cant for the LIFE of me get my motion profile ANY where close to what i have in AC. Yes im not on a Commercial Motion rig, but my software is used by a Large community and it sure as heck isn't the plugins fault. It boils down to the sheer telemetry data being fed out. @David Dominguez , I know you are well aware of the current Physics calculation issues AC has, Well the exact same issues that have shown their ugly head here, are also found on the rF2 telemetry, The INSANE heave, Surge and Sway spikes you get from Touching the grass or Riding a particular kerb is Far worse in rF2 than it is in AC. YES AC isn't perfect and might lack some of the technical data compared to rf2, but overall the Feeling of said data isn't any where close to the quality of AC.

I also spoke to quite a few of my Motion buddies (whom all have different setup's hardware wise) Everyone essentially confirmed what i was feeling, and with Not a single one of them preferring rf2 over AC, so that paints a pretty clear picture for me, rF2 just ins't for me or my rig.

FFB option's felt very minimal in the options and some of the mods had Horrendous feeling to them.(wont name names)

Cote Dazur and djkostas like this.
  7. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

What you can see in this video you can do in AC and cant doo in GSC. See the correction in the last corner in a openwheel 3.5 V12 car?

I need to say more?

8. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

Here is someone preferring rF2 over AC for motion sim.

Maybe you can't, but others can.

9. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

He doesn´t run gsc just because its made in brazil, it has more to do with the league he races, "gtrbrasil" was a simbin league since its begining, when Barrichello started simracing they still used race07 (Massa did some races about this time too). After years waiting for grt3 they finally moved to gsc in 12 or 13.

And besides Rubens there are lots of other real life drivers competing there, you could race the defending FTruck or Stock Car champion directly.

10. Speak for yourself.

Associat0r and JyriK like this.
  11. Rioku

Rioku Racer

thoyun likes this.
  12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Dean Ogurek, Ray HT and sherpa25 like this.
  13. IMrIMike

IMrIMike Hardcore Simmer

Definitely. That feeling when you crank up the FFB, put your gloves on, start the ignition and start the engine, crank up the audio because it sounds bloody awesome even in idle, head on track and come back all sweaty and exhausted knowing this is the real sh*t. So yeah, AMS for me currently

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

14. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Ditto.......I`m loving it

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, driving in AMS definitely carries greater intensity despite the graphic differences IMO; the sounds add tons to that but, other details in FFB, gearbox behavior and drive-train flex are ingredients that seem to be working together in harmony. Those are things that are hard to come by in most racing titles, let alone being so nicely tuned to work together. :)

16. Scott Nelson

Scott Nelson Gamer

its rfactor mod is all it is.

17. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

I installed the demo of rFactor 2 a few weeks ago, just to see/feel for myself and AMS or GSCE is absolutely NOT rFactor 2.

Besides that: Why there are so many people only dealing in absolutes?
    I own a few racing games; some "sims", some "simcade titles" and even a few "arcade racers".
    Every game - yeah, they're all games - has its strengths and weaknesses. There is no need for me to decide which of them is THE game. I play them all. Some of them I like to play more often but that's not a reason to bash on the other titles.

18. Manuel St

Manuel St Racer

Im sorry, but i have to say, the feeling of the V8 Stock Cars are that, what i hope for the GT3 in Assetto.
    Theyre more directly and you can feel every mistake and wrong situations.
    AMS going to add DX11 and i think, it will be the rFactor2, for that all have waiting.

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Why isnt this thread merged with the one about AMS? As far as I know its the same game but updated?

@kevin.maatman

20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I feel like that's over-stating things a bit in regard to it being the rF2 but, it will include some similar features, in particular - the dynamic road aspects.

I think they are evolving the title in a sort of tier fashion; focusing on core-feature updates now and then bringing in a new graphics engine next year.