1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game stock car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Steve Bullitt, Mar 28, 2015.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well I was laught at when I said Reiza is the company to be looking at in regards of ISI engines games in the future ... instead of ISI :) I still think it is true ...

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

They really aren't the same though; there's more to it than that. By acquiring the license to rF1 G-motor, they can add features not possible before and that makes this worthy of a new title. Some of the existing game features are getting improvements and they are also adding new content that GSC won't get.

3. ericnsw

ericnsw Rookie

I had 500hrs of AC driving, always though AC has the best physics, until I tried AMS 2 weeks ago.

Was totally blown away by AMS, car physics and FFB feels so right, so direct & communicative. Great sound effects too.

It feels much closer to my real life track day. Even my brother, who races touring car in real life, says AMS is much more realistic.

sherpa25, Ray HT, burrito and 4 others like this.
  4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I still love AC but, AMS does have something special going on in regard to physics, FFB and sounds IMO. It is my top-rated Sim right now and I'm excited to see what Reiza can do in the next year or so with new graphics and more content coming. GSC was good but, Reiza is making good progress with AMS.

After playing AMS for a couple of weeks, it was a challenge to re-acclimate to AC again. I had to really slow down and gradually lower lap-times until I was able to find the threshold of grip-loss again - it's so much easier to do in AMS, and yet challenging and more intense. Again, I believe it's due to Reiza striking the right balance between physics, FFB and dynamic sounds working through the new gearbox model. It just feels right and perhaps the closest thing to my RL autocross experience.

5. Kevin Knorpp

Kevin Knorpp Racer

AMS has so utterly taken over my sim racing I had to try SCE again just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Sure enough, taking another look at SCE I was impressed with it also but wasn't really interested in any of the cars.

Getting AMS for free and with stadium trucks + rally of course I checked out AMS and for whatever random reason, I decided to try the Formula Retro which isn't really my cup of tea but wow is it ever immersive and driving is confident but will bite you if greedy etc. which makes for very engaging and exciting racing experience.

Of course I had to try it in SCE to see what I missed and it is definitely good but AMS cranks it up several notches.

My take on AMS:

Physics / FFB / FEEEEEL = A++++

Sounds = A++++

Tracks = A++++ (amazingly FUN and different tracks and haven't even tried all of them yet)

AI = A++++ for behavior and line but speed could improve as I am in top half at 105% on some tracks when I don't even know the track.

Dean Ogurek and burrito like this.
  6. ouvert

ouvert Alien

So today I lauched SCE first time after AMS beta was released. And boy what a change :)
    Visually there are a noticable - not severe changes but everything, starting with menu, to car/track selection, than driving feel and FFB ... very nice .. I recomend you to try it to even more apriciate what guys in Reiza give us ... SCE is still enjoyable but AMS is good evolution from it ..

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, there's a lot to explore in these titles with good variation in layouts, length, and turn combinations; some of the bumps and dips can also present very good challenging moments as well.

8. Rioku

Rioku Racer

I thought that SCE and AMS was the same

9. IMrIMike

IMrIMike Hardcore Simmer

Well it is. AMS is just a re-release with improved graphics, more content and features.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

and updateted physics, FFB, UI, drivetrain, transmission model, physics rate was doubled, controller rate is 4x higher, and features as you mentioned (dynamic road surface, aeroflex, flatspots, soft(dirt) surface ...) .. and more to come .. graphics and content are the least noticable new things (well I guess you gonna notice Super Truck jumping on the ramp .. :) )
    seriously if you like GSC or simracing for physics and FFB you probably gonna love AMS ..

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

How much/well were the physics and ffb improved from sce to ams? In terms of rawness of driving the cars and feeling them through the ffb.

12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

AMS is more of an evolution of GSC; one key difference is that Reiza has acquired the license to gmotor (rFactor1) and can now alter the base game engine to a much greater extent than they could before. They are now adding dynamic road features similar to what rF2 has and some other things - some of which may yet be determined by them and with input from the community. It has also allowed the developers to tune and enhance many of the features that were in GSC. Additional content will also be coming as DLC throughout the rest of the year.

13. ouvert

ouvert Alien

for me best feeling sim at this mmnt with rF2 very close behind (but I don`t drive in rF2 enough anymore to make it fair comparison) ... feeling of a road and informations given through FFB is very good, to that extend that AC feels dumbed and boring when switching between games (fortunatelly it usually comes back after lapping for a while :) ) ... subjectivelly of course ... also I`m kind of hooked on it so I might be little bit overreacting ;)
    I was doing some not really comparison videos with AC, driving similiar cars (openwhellers mostly) and with exception of road car (toyota) which was much better in AC, I always spent max 3 laps recording in AC and get stucked in AMS just lapping and lapping without even recording ...

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I liked the FFB in GSC already but, with AMS, Reiza has added more detail by increasing the physics rate and upping the controller rate. With my wheel, I'd say the FFB is close to rF2 but, I think I'm liking it even better to be honest. I'll need to do more comparisons but, it's my current favorite for sure. The improvements to the drive-train model are good and add a lot of dynamic feel to the race cars, something AC could use more of IMO; RR does it nicely too but, I think the end result may be better in AMS.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

LOL, we are on the same page! :) I keep finding myself turning laps trying to squeeze out every extra millisecond only to realize that I forgot what I intended to do at the start; race, go to sleep, . . . it's like I'm in a trance or something - gotta go faster, push harder, feels good - I can do a little better next lap, . . . :)

16. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I think we also need to reserve some comparisons between AC and AMS, because AC in 1.4.3 has some physics/tyres caught in work in progress state. I think that since last months of 2015 until today, AC devs had more time to update their work on the game/cars, but we are still driving on 1.4.3, while AMS just updated theirs from GSCE.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  17. ouvert

ouvert Alien

sure ... I`m looking forward for 1.5 update whatever it will bring ... I`m not quitting on AC at all :)
    also AMS is still in beta, updating all aspects, even physics ... so not finnished either (closer though)

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

That's a valid point; I hope there are some improvements with FFB in AC 1.5. AC FFB is very good already but, as ouvert pointed out; the difference coming from AMS is quite noticeable and takes some time to get re-acquainted.

@ouvert: you are just a little bit faster than I am - ninja! Always gotta beat me by a little bit, maybe we need to settle this on track. :D

19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I would have been tempted to check this one out, but it is a time issue - I can drive only so and so much time per day, and I necessartily already "underdrive" the two or three titles I frequently use for that, and which I all like and do nto want to give up. Maybe I miss something here, maybe not - so it goes.

I used GSCE for short time in the very early time of AC Early Access, and found it not to be bad. Just that the tracks did not cut it for me, except the mod for Nordschleife which to use was the reason why I went into GSCE in the first.

20. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Exactly my thoughts till I purchased AMS some days ago. Now I'm glad to have it. And yes, some racing games have been neglected by me since that day.

^^This.
    It's not easier to drive fast but easier to "understand" the car and its limits. (Attention: My personal opinion.)
    But I still love Assetto Corsa because it was the first (temporarily speaking) racing game which felt right/real to me.

EDIT:
    @ Moderator: Is there a way to merge the two threads about AMS and Stock Car Extreme?