1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Google Stadia could be great platform for ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by 1nProgress, Mar 20, 2019.

1. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

chksix likes this.
  2. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

3. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Google stadia has the potential to be everything i hate about the gaming industry today. Only streaming-friendly non-adult non controversal non moddable non customizable generic content but with great commercial possibilities, artefacts and latency. This is definitely not for me.

exited22, dvo and Pixelchaser like this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  5. 1nProgress

1nProgress Rookie

Right then, just ask him or her this question:

“Can you kindly go to any of earth’s edges and take that picture please?” I’m sure you would be instantly famous.

One more for extra credit:

“Once you get to one of those earth edges, please see if you can go underneath and take that picture too.” For sure that will make you even more famous than that first picture challenge.

I’ll wait...but will not be holding my breath or anything. Just to be clear.

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

What is clear to me is, nothing is clear. We only see a tiny fraction of the light spectrum in our limited 5 sense reality. For me it doesn't matter if the earth is round, flat or a square. What is the nature of reality? Are we different points of attention in a collective consciousness? Does one follow classical physics or quantum physics ideologies or none of the above? Quantum physics suggest we live in a holographic universe. If you said that 50 years ago they would lock you up..

7. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Is this ACC General Discussion, or just General Discussion? That's a genuine question.

8. 1nProgress

1nProgress Rookie

Thank you for asking. I am new to ACC and started this thread to discuss the potential of Google Stadia as a cloud gaming platform for this sim. It started off on topic then seemed to veer way off into some mind-space-internet-clutter-junk over the past day or so.

This was mildly amusing at first. Not so much now. Please help bring the focus back. Otherwise, yeah. I’ll just see my way out. Thanks!

Pixelchaser likes this.
  9. ah... youtube links... how surprising :D that's where conspiracy theorists get their degrees :p

looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck... it's a duck! :D :D :D

chksix and sissydriver like this.
  10. sorry about that.. I couldn't stop myself from baiting these guys in. I'll stop now.

Jack0, kro, SMOKING__MONKEY3 and 4 others like this.
  11. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

The Eurogamer article - or at least the one I read - makes a good point about the way latency is *reduced* as well. Because the server and all clients are connected locally, it should practically eliminate netcode issues. No more cars warping around the track, much more accurate collision detection, and potential to have far more players. Regardless of whether you're racing against 6 or 60 opponents, the data transferred between you and the server is only ever control inputs in one direction and video in the other.

12. he's talking about input latency, not latency with remote cars.
    Also your point about multiplay latency is only valid if all the players are playing from the same data center, with player connecting from data centers in different parts of the world the usual ping applies.

Timberwind likes this.
  13. Rudski

Rudski Alien

@ Alex Jones wanna-be....

What is 5g?Answer = Radio wave.
    Radio wave (light) is NOT nearly as high a frequency as visible light, and no one worries about getting cancer from visible light. Yes, there is Ultraviolet light and that's been proven to break down strands of DNA, which is the mechanism by which cancer cells can be created but every other part of the spectrum is safe.

There is zero, none, nadda evidence that non-ionizing radiation can cause any harm to a human. If you need to look up what non-ionizing radiation is, then you should probably stop talking about the health effects of 5G technology.

Radio waves cannot harm you, sure if you perhaps stand in the path of a multi-megawatt microwave beam, in which case that might cook you.

You jump up and down thinking 5G is new, because you know, mobiles... You think it's new technology, which is wrong, the frequencies used by 5G have been used by other radio frequency applications such as satellite and radar for decades. So, there you go, DECADES and people didn't even know, well some did but general population probably not.

Stop being dumb. Read a book and stop posting BS.

SMOKING__MONKEY3 and chksix like this.
  14. Sba

Sba Racer

"Quantum physics suggest we live in a holographic universe."

Not really that simple. As a rule of thumb, never use the word "quantum" because you most likely do not understand it.

"What is 5g?Answer = Radio wave.
    Radio wave (light) is NOT nearly as high a frequency as visible light, and no one worries about getting cancer from visible light. Yes, there is Ultraviolet light and that's been proven to break down strands of DNA, which is the mechanism by which cancer cells can be created but every other part of the spectrum is safe."

Actually 5G is in the microwave region (up to 6GHz, your home microwave uses 2.4GHz radiation). Surely it cannot cause cancer, but our skin is a very good receptor for these frequencies (ever noticed how you get warm while sunbathing? :) ) so the health effects of extended 5G network use ARE worth studying extensively, at least. (source: https://reader.elsevier.com/reader/...038E45DAEF73CA5B55530B657DCAEDE6C21A53AE63D5F)

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  15. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

We could use the word "Antani"..

16. exactly.
    Unless the one doing the talk is a theoretical physicist whatever comes after the word "quantum" is pure BS.

17. Sba

Sba Racer

Ph.D in physical chemistry, I'd say that's close enough :p

18. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

While it's true that this approach shuffles around many aspects of netcode (especially looking at the necessary upload capabilities of a server which is serious for racing games and would allow a freaking lot more cars), you will earn the same latency to the server with everything else. Like Stefano said, it's nice (probably even groundbraking) for FPS* but will never work for racing sims. Yes, cars are not warping into each other, but you suddenly have the network latency in your FFB. In a way I hope somebody tries, as we then can see how actual input lag feels (opposed to display lag) :D

*as far as I know, most FPS games already have all the disadvantages this approach brings, as you actually send your inputs and the server moves your avatar locally. So for this scenario, you'd only gain advantages

19. we could add an easter egg in ACC with a hidden "stadia simulator mode" where the input and FF is artificially delayed and see what an acceptable limit could be.
    If I have to pull guesses out of my beautiful rear end I'd say 50ms is still in the realm of "ok-ish"... and that should be something eventually achievable with techs like stadia.

Kopiller and chksix like this.
  20. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I don't see a problem with more study. I see a problem when people claim it's dangerous when in-fact 5G has been around for a very very long time.

such as statements below:

5G is being rolled out world wide virtually untested (bs) and many scientists and health professionals have raised concerns (Sure, they also raise health concerns over nearly everything, rightly so, but that doesn't conclude the technology as dangerous as he claims). Along with coexisting 4G, 3G it is a radiation blanket of the earth (Compared to the sun? LOL)
    - 5G uses millimeter waves (More BS. Millimeter waves you say?Wrong, radiofrequencies have wavelengths of between 1 and 100 metres and frequencies in the range of 1 million to 100 million hertz) which affects the human body differently (BS, it's non-ionized radiation, not enough to get through the first layer of skin) to 4G. Not that 4G is any good for you. 5G is on a whole new level when it come to the body's sake. (more alarmist BS)

chksix likes this.