1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Stepy, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

2. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

Indeed a interesting solution; however, it has not been effective. I'm ignorant on the topic, but I suspect that for those to be effective, miners would want to have cards with 1) regular warranties, 2) resale value, 3) increase mining performance. I don't believe that those cards offer those options. In comparison to their gaming counterpart, they have short warranty, Maybe one DVI I/O so a gamer would not buy it and don't offer any performance advantage.

Furthermore, NVIDIA and AMD don't want to increase production since they were burned back in 2013 when the crypto market took a dive, and people returned video cards.

Finally, I don't believe the courts (here in the USA) would rule against miners in a class action suit if AiB partners would sell the same cards with different warranties or void warranties based on mining usage.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

4. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

5. André57

André57 Racer

Speaking of GPU, I'm not familiar with AMD cards. What is actualy the best opus of that brand and is it as rare as the NVIDIA ?

6. konnos

konnos Simracer

OMG did you even read the article? /jk

For AMD bang-for-buck, it's the RX580. Also quite good value is the Vega56. The Vega64 is the equivalent of NVidia's 1080 (not the Ti) but is a bit/very expensive in some countries due to availability and inflated prices etc and is not worth its price that much. But it looks amazing and also water-cools/overclocks pretty nicely.

7. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

I can run AC maxxed out at 4K 60fps with one 1080ti (CPU is i7 6850k at 4ghz) when driving.

However, when playing back replays I'll get a few dropped frames and slow downs with one card, with two 1080ti's in SLI that problem goes away.

Stepy likes this.
  8. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

9. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

No way will i buy a used GPU that was used for mining. How good do you think a gfx card will be, that has been run at 100% almost all of its life? It's gonna be ragged to bits by the time they sell them on.. Just wait until the mining craze has died off again and 1070's and 1080's come back on the market for a cheap price as there will be a flood of second hand ones on the market as well (hopefully by then a newer card will have come out and made 1080's old gen cards)

Its not just gfx cards that are silly prices, Ram is crazy priced too, you look at decent DDR4 ram and its just ridiculous. I spec'ed a new ryzen build around november (planning to buy in the new year) i could have built a ryzen rig with a 1080 and 32gb of ram for about £800, right now im looking at about £1400-£1500 for the exact same system. IF i could even get the parts, that is.

10. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

Hopefully cryptocurrency will die on its arse soon and prices will return to normal.

I need to buy some more GPUs for 3D rendering soon but not happy about paying about £150 per card more than normal prices. Limited choice of cards too.

11. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Probably will be better condition than a used card by a gamer that keeps it's card highly overclocked and often overheated. Mining cards doesn't run at 100% power, it's more profitable if you reduce power limit to ~70% range (underclocked). Mining is done by memory, therefore you want to reduce power usage by gpu as much as possible.

Cote Dazur likes this.