1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I had a dream...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by BigTool4U, Mar 16, 2014.

1. BigTool4U

BigTool4U Racer

Tonight I had a dream...

I dreamed that Kazunori Yamauchi (Gran Turismo creator), after he tried the Assetto Corsa Early Access was so impressed by Kunos' work, that he decided to join to the development with all Polyphony Digital, money and resources, to create YOUR ULTIMATE DRIVING-RACING SIMULATOR for PC and PS4. :eek:

I know, it was just a dream, but a sweet dream! ;)

Colt Rogers likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Drive to Dream - road to 2023 Porsche Carrera Cup Italia. May 20, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Problemi con i dream pack (DLC) installati Jan 12, 2021
    ACC General Discussions I'm dreaming of a CP christmas Dec 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions A dream of career mode Sep 19, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Dream packs will not work Apr 6, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Problem reinstalling DLC dream pack 3 Mar 28, 2018
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap #72 - Sweet dreams are made of this Mar 18, 2018
    Chit Chat Room I have a dream ..... Feb 28, 2018
    Console Lounge Lol I dreamed that I met an alien Feb 26, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Home Built DIY Dream Porsche 911 in 4 minutes Nov 28, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues No sounds for 1984 GranPrix Mod from Sim-Dream.com Jul 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room A.C. needs a Le Mans 24hrs dreampack. Jul 4, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Dreampack 5 - what cars would you like to have? May 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room The big 1.5 speculation and dream thread Mar 17, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Dream Pack 3 acquired but has not installed Feb 22, 2016

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Those are the dreams, dreams are made of. :D

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

That would be a nightmare to me as the last thing we need is AC to turn into GT. They have shown what they can do with their big budget and im not a fan, KS have shown how much more they can do with much less so the last thing we need is for the GT cancer to infect KS.

Nuk3m, Shaddix, Robilon and 2 others like this.
  5. Schuberth

Schuberth Racer

6. BigTool4U

BigTool4U Racer

Obviously in the dream the final product would have the best of both games, not the worst, something that probably you can't imagine... :rolleyes:

Kunos with Polyphony's budget, think about it! :cool:

Colt Rogers likes this.
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Kunos with a bigger budget wouod be nice and possible if its a big enough success, I wouldnt want PD to be anywhere near AC in any way that would be a nightmare.

I hope Kunos are succesfull enough they can remain independent and never need to dumb their product down to please a big publisher. A bigger budget through more sales will let them stay independant but also increase the size of the team if they need it to help out.

8. BigTool4U

BigTool4U Racer

In the OP I wrote "join", not "take the lead"... :p

9. Grzesiek Zabielski

Grzesiek Zabielski Hardcore Simmer

What a f nightmare...

Robilon likes this.
  10. Talpa

Talpa Simracer

kunos with 10x more people hard working, 1000x more money and the same passion for realistic simulation and laser scanned tracks as before? i wouldn't mind it :D

Anuj and BigTool4U like this.
  11. So we don't have the same dream . I probably sleep better :D

12. MatheusCLG

MatheusCLG Gamer

Nooooo pls assetto corsa is a full on hardcore sim that was made to be 100% simulator not as kaz told "acessible for everyone simulator" the point is kazunori wanted to make a game that everyone could play with no problemes but with aceptable physics, while asstto is just the most realistic ever and i want it to stay like this beeing a proper full sim.
    I may sound a bit harsh on this post...

13. BigTool4U

BigTool4U Racer

Guys, I wonder if you really read what I wrote in my posts (apart Horus & Talpa) or if you commented just after you read the words "Gran Turismo"... o_O

14. petesky

petesky Simracer

Hell no, I don't want vacuum cleaner engine noise and 'standard' cars..GT was a great game until number 5.

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I wouldnt want a single person involved with GT to have anything to so with AC or any big publisher to throw some money at them while also wanting some say in the creative direction of the game. Kazunori Yamauchi has all this available to him and still makes Gran Tourismo as it is for whatever reason and I dont know why you would want him to do anything to AC as all he would do is make it another GT which is what he has done with all his resources each time so far and shown no interest in taking another approach. They go for quantity over quality and dumbed down physics over the best possible simulation options, also due to the extreme amount of content they just cant possibly get detailed physics in all cars as there is no way possible the head physics guys could seriously test every car if there are over 1000 of them to make sure they behave as close to reality as possible or even to all follow the direction the lead physics guy wants with help from others.

No user could possibly drive every car and I really see no point in having so much content if it means they need more compromises simply to stick a larger number of cars on the box to keep the kiddies happy.

Queequeg likes this.
  16. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Jesus, guys get off your high horses... The OP was implying the idea of AC quality with the amounts of content of GT.
    Why do fans of every game have to be so aggressive against other titles? Every game has pros and cons, denying a whole franchise is kinda ignorant.
    FYI GT6 physics are MUCh better than GT5.

17. BigTool4U

BigTool4U Racer

Thanks Snoopy! :)

As I suspected the words "Gran Turismo" recall the fanboy in most of you, limiting the perception of the dream. :(

I never wrote that in my dream Kaz should take the lead of the project of Assetto Corsa, altering Kunos' idea & project, and creating GT7.
    Instead I wrote that I dreamed Kaz joining the project and giving to Kunos all the support and resources that Polyphony could, allowing Kunos to create the best simulator of all the times.
    I hope it's clear now. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    Ronin_86 and Thomas Cameron like this.
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

For some thats a dream to some others its a nightmare, why would I want someone to be involved in a sim I like that makes a sim I dont like yet has a huge team and lots of money making something far inferior to AC in my opinion. If they wanted to make something more like AC there is nothing stopping them but they have no interest in that and think that racing games are boring unless you simplify it and add heaps of cars that are all pretty much the same just a different model, skin and HP.

We all have our own opinions and if AC is successful enough and PD sees there is a market for better sim physics especially if AC takes a significant amount of their customers away then they will be forced to change. Then you can have your dream of a much better GT I prefer KS being fully independant doing things their way without answering to anyone regarding what should and shouldnt be focused on. They will surely expand if needed and so we will get more content but I see PD so far away from what I want out of a racing sim it would be the biggest nightmare if they had anything at all to do with this game.

19. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

I didnt said i dislike sims/simcade and i played GT Series for a long time before changing to GTR2 on PC.
    The thing is GT doesnt feel completly like a real simulator due some lack of tyre model and other things like unrealistic tuning (that counts or do you ever saw a Bugatti running 586km/h in real life?), thats the problem.
    Still i dont dislike GT Series at all, because its fun to drive with Toyota Supra GT500 on Grand Valley ;)

Ontopic:
    His dream would be not that bad tho, but we dont need 30 Versions of Skylines, MX5, Impreza's :D
    Quality over Quantity is what we need.

BigTool4U likes this.
  20. BigTool4U

BigTool4U Racer

@martcerv

You still didn't understand that my hope is for a better AC, not a better GT, that's the reason of the dream... :rolleyes:

21. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Pointless thread of the year.

I'm glad to say that will never happen. AC outsold COD Ghosts on Steam at one point, and look at the success Next Car Game from Bugbear has had. The days of needing a big name publisher to put your game out are dwindling. All you need is publicity and a platform.

Shaddix likes this.