1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I had a dream...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by BigTool4U, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Ronin_86

Ronin_86 Simracer

Far as the thread considered, not so long ago I have the similar debate with friend of mine and we came to conclusion that GT should be made by AC team. With amount of money and resources that Polphony Digital have at disposal AC team could really make a dream in the term of the racing games/sim. On the other hand, we have a two cats here... one of them is typical domestic animal loved by majority of the general population and other one is wild life animal, something more like cheetah, wild and at the moment unpredictable , but we love them just because of that;).

BigTool4U likes this.
  2. MatheusCLG

MatheusCLG Gamer

If assetto had 250 cars (just counting the premium ones) or they would feel generic like in GT or it would take centuries we have to choose or between quality or quantity, don´t take me wrong i have a ps3, GT5 AND GT6 really enjoy them but we don´t need another GT, if poliphony joined kunos they would wan´t some of their caracteristics in the game so less sim and more easy and arcade.
    It would be nice if they just gave the money and leave to kunos the reponsabilties of the decisions then it would be a dream.

Ronin_86 likes this.
  3. Ronin_86

Ronin_86 Simracer

Exactly my thoughts... last sentence, that is;).

4. Horus

Horus Alien

Thank you Ronin, I thought it was only a couple of us that get what BT4U was writing about. Some get their knickers in a twist without much jive. Guys, this was a thread about a dream, not a wish that console games to be pasted off as simulators. Still it was not meant to be a serious wish list, just a dream of Kunos having the resources to do as they wish and as such make AC better than it ever could be without those resources. Still I have posted enough on this, it was a fun dream, or wishful thinking, not worth getting all upset about. :)

BigTool4U likes this.
  5. plaid

plaid Alien

Im totally with you.
    So realistic physics and s dynamic feel (cockpit), like a better sim and all that content from Forza or GT.

Coming from Forza Im really happy with the physics and the dynamics (more important for me then the physics) so the reason why I wouldnt buy another title from the series, even the perception of speed somehow lacking a bit for me in AC.

But to see it like it is: there isnt much to do for me with it. There is simply much I miss I could do in Forza.
    Its all GT3/2 races, with a currently rather uninteresting AI (either the crush or they are too passive) on a few tracks or running Joux with the E30 DTM and 458 S3.

Mugello and NR are nice, Imola and Monza 66 are ok, the rest nothing I care for (Spa, Trento and NS not considered).
    Its normal to not like everything, but if the amount of tracks is allready limited its rather bad.
    The release and DLC's will fix that mostly and I hope modders will deliver street-tracks, cause racing street cars on typicall circuits can be rather boring, good physics aside.

Next there is only one series or cars then can compete fair(!) that is split into two with similiar performance.
    And they are rather slow leading to another point: lack of a series/championsship with streetcar-based racecars faster then the GT3/2.

Then no old cars like from GTL or Power and Glory or older Touring cars, Group B or old LeMans Prototypes.
    What will come with the first DLC, that will take some time: GT3's and 2's.

Instead many streetcars, mostly slow and you cant tune them into "more of a racecar", while I hope there will follow step-versions for more cars, that make them more enjoyable racing/speed-wise.

BTW: Someone mentioned we wouldnt need X Skyline etc., like in GT, did this person actually saw all the Lotus' included in AC?

+The arent many features, like night, rain, overcast, (animated) pit stops and a surrounding on the track that gives a feel that there is a race and not just some dudes with their cars. All what I would expect from a modern racing-sim and make it better then GT and Forza.

Anyway, that sounds more bad then it is and it will change over time.
    And Im no fanboy, so Im not glued to the game like one and have an eye on other titles and am no Hardcore-Sim-Racer-Realism-Whatever, so realistic physics are not EVERYTHING for me.

Project Cars got the atmosphere quite good, especially while night and rain and thats a important point, cause the good physics are worthless for me, if I dont get the impression that Im driving a car (graphicswise) and not simply play a game, while AC still feels gamy in some regards.

You can talk bad about Forza, GT and PCars, even they are less realistic, but they got points where they are clearly superior.

6. BigTool4U

BigTool4U Racer

@plaid

This is the first complete game created by Kunos, give them the time and you'll get a more refined product.
    Also modding will be a very important part of the "AC experience". ;)

7. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Netkar pro?

8. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

I agree that in theory the mass of resources should yield the ultimate driving sim....but, honestly I believe that one of the most important aspects of Kunos is its smaller team and the intimacy with the product that is only possible because of their resources. When you have one or two people responsible for the physics then their opinion are mostly all that matters, which IMO is how something of this nature should be handled. In the case of polyphony if it were only its creator who had the final decision and opinion on these important aspects GT6 would more than likely be far more pure in nature. Once you introduce committees into such unique and detailed body of work then you get people who don't have the extremely high level of interest or passion that it takes to portray a single persons idea of what driving feels like. Because Polyphony, and much respect to them in the name of progression, has in reality outgrown the grass roots ideals that its creator first drew upon the franchise has moved more into a "main stream" environment.
    I suppose my dream for Assetto Corsa would be in hopes that Kunos will stay as focused and tight knit as they have been to this point while earning significant amounts of money, not necessarily to expand and take over the sim racing world, but to be allowed to do the important things that they themselves have dreamt about but haven't had the resources to achieve up to this point.
    Thank you Kunos for being small, passionate, and committed to the way you dream that virtual motorsport should be enjoyed.

Here's to DREAMS!

Ethan Dean likes this.
  9. BigTool4U

BigTool4U Racer

It's multiplayer only.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The hole franchise is a complete joke to me as shown in that example, notice the wheelies only seen them on a bike like that. Also notice the RUF wheelie still getting acceleration when no wheels are on the ground no that it should ever get int such a position in the first place but it gets worse amazingly. Anyone responsible for such rubbish being in any way involved with AC would be my ultimate nightmare, I have just about every sim on PC and older GT titles but haven't got the recent consoles though have tried them and nearly cried at friends places when they try and show me how good a sim it is. AC is my favorite and GT well down the bottom of the list so the last thing I would ever want is to get the guy with the most resources out of all that makes the worst sim IMHO to stay well away from what Kunos are doing.

I think cars should do what they do in reality and no more, i don't need bs physics to have fun as I have plenty of fun on real tracks with real cars and want my sim to replicate that experience as much as possible. If were talking about AC and Kunos team expanding that would not be a bad thing but the moment anyone mentions they want the head of GT to be in any way involved with AC the nightmare begins. Sure some of their 3d artists could be quite useable in any sim same as their track guys but the one responsible for the direction GT has taken in terms of physics should stay where he is and keep making that same crap to keep the kiddies entertained.

We all want the best AC but PD do what they do and hope they stick to it as some people like that, I don't and would see it as a nightmare if they had any say at all in AC not that they will so your dream will remain that and luckily will never turn into a real nightmare for the rest of us.

11. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Do I have to go find videos of glitches and unrealistic situations from other sims now? Every physics engine is simplified and setup to work reliably in the situations it is expected to be used 99% of the time. There will always be people trying to push it where it isn't supposed to be, like 900hp, max ride height, softest suspension, slicks, weight in back, skid recovery force(which is a simcade assist) and it still works with only several cars out of 1000. From all my time with gt5 and 6 I never encountered a big glitch with the physics.
    So if I now find the video of a guy jumping his T125 in AC and compare it to a clean run in GT6 AC will be the worse sim?
    Don't blindly judge things you have barelly touched.