1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is there something wrong with my install/FFB settings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Matty28, May 18, 2016.

1. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Pre-1.3 this was by a long way the best feeling sim for me. The 1.3 update brought lots of understeer into all the cars and I had to change my driving style and put more emphasis on slow in, fast out, but the FFB remained great. With many cars in 1.5 the exact opposite has been brought in and the cars feel really oversteery and in addition to this the FFB feels wrong. This is in stark contrast to the general consensus of what other people are saying on this forum - that it's the best feeling they've had so far. It can vary from car to car but there's always something that feels off. Let me try and describe it.

In most cars, the initial turn in feels too strong and to sensitive, as if I'm driving a 900 degree car with 540 DOR on the wheel. It's worse on some cars than others, the worst I can think of are the Toyota GT86 and the Mercedes GT3 cars, both of which I often cut corners with accidentally or get serious oversteer on entry. In addition to this, the FFB feels "blocky" in that it feels really light and then suddenly really heavy. This varies vastly from car to car, but the worst I've found for it up to this point were the Mercedes GT3s and the Audi R8 GT3. With this update/DLC though, a new car has taken the crown and that is the R34 GTR. What's especially weird with this is that the FFB indicator in the pedals app says that the game is delivering about 75% power to the wheel but I can barely feel anything, then suddenly at about 135-180 DOR it weights up fast. There's no progression to the way it feels at all. Combine this with the constant oversteer/overdone turn in and it becomes a REALLY frustrating and horrible driving experience. I mean, I can drive the AMG GT3 with 0/2 front and 14/14 rear downforce settings and it doesn't feel particularly understeery except under braking. With the standard setup (1/2 & 6/14 I believe) it feels like the rear is always sliding slightly and I'm getting round corners on like 45 DOR on the wheel and FFB wise all I'm getting is this undetailed weight to the wheel and not feeling any rear slide until it becomes a big slide. Basically all the way around every corner it feels like I've lifted off and suddenly thrown the car into a corner. Also when catching slides I'm no longer precisely holding a smaller slide, rather a big slide suddenly happens and I do a fast and vague big correction.

So I thought it was just a new feel to the game and I'd just get used to it like with 1.3, but here I am a month later still hating it. As I say, some cars are really bad for this and some seem alright, so I'll put a little list of worse and better feeling cars to see if anyone who replies to this also feels anything different between them or whether it's just me.

Best cars:
    Nissan GTR GT3
    BMW Z4 GT3
    McLaren P1
    LaFerrari
    Lamborghini Countach
    Ford Mustang
    Corvette C7R

Worst cars:
    Mercedes SLS GT3
    Mercedes AMG GT3
    Nissan GTR R34
    Toyota GT86
    SG GT3
    Audi R8 GT3

FFB settings in-game
    ffb.jpg
    ffb2.jpg
    ffb3.jpg

I haven't changed any of these settings since it used to feel amazing back in December pre 1.3. Should I reinstall the game? Any FFB changes I can do? Does anyone else agree that cars feel like the front tyres have way too much grip on a lot of cars and the FFB is weird since 1.5? Sorry for the wall of text but it's hard to explain feelings. Thanks for reading.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars There ist something wrong with track location. Apr 4, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Am I doing something wrong? Jun 5, 2021
    ACC General Discussions There is something wrong Jul 6, 2020
    ACC Physics Something is wrong with AUDI Apr 22, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Something wrong with the mirrors Jan 19, 2019
    XBox One Discussions N2 carreer: am i doing something wrong? Mar 6, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Jan 17, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Mirrors - it's my settings or something's actually wrong ? Dec 6, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Am I doing something wrong? Multiplayer. Sep 6, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Monza Track texture, Something Wrong? Apr 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Is there something 'terribly' wrong with my driving style? Apr 18, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Is this the expected fidelity of mp or is something wrong (gif)? Oct 26, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Something is very wrong Apr 1, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Am I missing something? (Playing on controller) Nov 24, 2021
    Chit Chat Room I would like to post something Sep 12, 2021

3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

have you turned on the ini gyro setting in the cfg file in AC/system?

4. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Nope, I had a look in assettocorsa/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini and couldn't find an "ini gyro". Does that mean something is wrong with the install?

5. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

Any reason you're using 400 degrees? You can set it to 900 and the cars are adjusted automatically.

6. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Wait, I found this

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
    ENABLE_GYRO=0
    DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0
    DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

Should I set ENABLE_GYRO to 1?

7. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I didn't like it adjusting automatically because it meant the wheel would keep spinning past the limit of the in-game wheel, I did just try 900 degrees and it made no difference to the feeling :(.

8. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Have to agre that some off the cars feels to twitchy now. I had to check my Wheels settings after a couple off laps in the GT3 class if it had reset to 380 instead off 900
    becouse that was how the cars felt.

Matty28 likes this.
  9. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Thrustmaster drivers have been weird for me lately. Try to set another gain, and then reset it to whatever you had it to, then try again. That always clears it for me.

Edit: in the driver control panel....

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

10. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Think I might agree with the OP, that back in 1.3 I could feel the cars much better then now, don't know whats the problem, maybe because I played iRacing and dirt rally before comming back to AC, and I thought I just forget it.

Matty28 likes this.
  11. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Difficult to be sure but I don't think the gyro thing or changing the gain has helped :(

12. OFFIS

OFFIS Rookie

Try setting road effects to 0%. And maybe try these too (if I remember them correctly) from wheels control panel: spring to 0% and damper to 0-5%.

13. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Thanks, it felt slightly different but not better unfortunately :(

I can only conclude that I just don't like/can't get used to V7 tyres or my driving brain is broken.

14. Other people have had their FFB go really weird and crazy after an update. An uninstall and reinstall for some people cleared the problem. Maybe try that.

15. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Putting a fresh install on my laptop as we speak, I'll report back after I've tried it out... Fingers crossed!

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  16. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I set gyro to 1. Feels heavier for me in centre on t300.

17. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

first thing I would do is to turn off the spring and damper effects in the TM control panel.

18. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I reinstalled the game with high hopes that it was just some sort of weird glitch during one of the many updates (it's the same install I've had since January 2014) and no luck. I was massively disappointed; it felt the same. My next port of call was the steering wheel so I decided to update the drivers, test it and then if no improvement update the firmware. After updating the drivers, it's much improved. The force feedback actually feels correct now. The tyre model changes are still clear (cars are still a lot more reactive at the front end), of course it was never going to change that, but the way the wheel feels in relation to it now feels as good as ever so like with the 1.3 update, I can now just adjust my driving style and start adding to my 600+ hours of AC fun :). The only thing is that the R34 GTR still feels incredibly weird, as described earlier - very light then quickly becoming heavy and doesn't feel linear at all in terms of steering angle either. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

@Diablo_rf @Bo-Göran Larsson try updating or reinstalling your wheel drivers, especially if you use Thrustmaster and see if there's any improvement for you.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  19. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

I had updated the Drivers for my TH8A shifter and neglected to update the firmware to version 26
    and it messed up AC something awful but didn't affect other race games.
    I didn't realize you had to update them separately.

Matty28 likes this.
  20. THIS.

Then turn off the KERB, ROAD, and SLIP effects.

That should get you a lot closer to being in the ballpark.

Edit:
    What is up with the 400 degrees of rotation? Almost feel like we are getting trolled here after seeing that.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  21. Rudski

Rudski Alien

You need to stop using 401 degrees and actually follow the advice from 99% of the community.
    Use 900 and let the game auto adjust because a lot of the cars you have on your list use more then 401 degrees and the more you practice (600 hours) you're going to have to relearn quite a lot if or when you decide to setup the wheel correctly.
    If you can't follow the easy instructions when setting up the wheel there's little point in complaining about FFB
    Also the kerb and road settings shouldn't be at 100% and 90% they should be between 0%-10% or so.
    Also the FFB gain @ 100 would suggest to me the wheel is clipping and hence the wheel isn't producing all the forces being sent to it.

eXo and donShere like this.