1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lack of Feeling of Speed Acceleration

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by blueshark747, Sep 17, 2016.

1. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

There is a another physics setting above that has to be set auto I think. Sorry I'm not at home to look.

2. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I didn't figure this out right away. When driving bring up your frame rates app and check physics latency. Mine was 4 or 3. Now it's a solid 0. AC feels like ten years in the future now. Can't wait to get home and drive. All the impossible cars are so fun and drivable now. I'm still not the best race car driver in the world but just as long as I can turn the wheel and the car has some kind of reaction I'm happy!

3. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Please stop spreading non-sense. Please. Please. Please stop. Please.

Topuz and stefanoCasillo like this.
  4. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Why does this bother you??

5. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

So you think latency is a good thing???

6. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Please explain??

7. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

You probably tell people to set simulation value.

8. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

No but doing that would still be miles better than telling people to set whatever core number in assetto_corsa.ini and watch PHY_LATE stay at 0.

You're obviously a nice person who only wants to help. Just take a step back on your advice on how to improve AC because it is WRONG. If you insist on providing advice just take a break from it for a while, take some time to READ this forum and learn about the inner workings of the game. Search stuff. Ask questions. Then come back to giving advice. Good advice this time.

9. What he's saying is that you shouldn't have to mess around in there for the game to work properly.

10. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

What is the harm in trying? If doesn't do anything positive put it back.

11. esox71

esox71 Alien

Sooo...What does this value at 0 do?

12. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I have been asking questions. And I got people joking around about simulation value.

13. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Nothing. It's a joke.

14. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Simulation value is a joke.

15. Jeez, quadruple post much?

16. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

If anyone has a problem with what I have said, please explain. That's why I'm here. To understand and get my setup working the best I can, which I am and it pretty exciting when I get an improvement.

17. I have no idea personally. I can't even make up what problem you're having quite frankly.

18. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Latency is the biggest problem.

19. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Personally I think you've repeatedly demonstrated very limited technical knowledge but constantly harp on about changing ini files being 'necessary' to get AC working properly.

For the majority of users there's no need to go anywhere near these settings, the defaults work just fine. If things do need changing, it's quite likely that the 'correct' setting is system-specific and just because it's given you a magical performance boost it may not necessarily have the same effect for others.

I can't help feeling that when you improve something (or experience fresh placebo), there's a reasonable chance it was your own messing about that broke it in the first place.

No offence :)

PhilS13, Topuz and garyjpaterson like this.
  20. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I agree! I think default is setup for the average computer and what works for mine won't work for someone else. I had not touched physics core until someone told me about it. Most tips don't work and I set it back.

Just think about it for a moment. If you got enough latency it can cause a lot of problems. Slow feeling. Brake lock up too easy. Steering out of timing.

There is one setting were it is default to 2 cores. If you have more then 2 cores this can bottle neck performance. Try it. If it doesn't help, put it back. I really don't understand the problem!