1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lack of Feeling of Speed Acceleration

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by blueshark747, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

This is official info. You can't possibly feel while playing if the physics were late 3 or 4 times over the course of 3 milliseconds. As people told you, please don't spread info based on placebo without relevant data to back it up.
    The oh-so popular and abused "lag" term is really starting to get on my nerves. There's numerous places where "lag" can occur, with wildly varying causes and effects. You're mixing it all up, talking about lag like potatoes, "12 lags are better than 19 lags, change the ini file to reduce it by 7 lags" type of discussion is really doing more harm than good.

2. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

So you're saying I should put everything back to default and go back to physics latency of 4?

That's your advice?

3. Stereo

Stereo Alien

If PHY_LATE says 4 that's effectively the same thing as 0, it is a completely imperceptible delay during the loading process. (

That number's only an issue if it's counting up quickly (eg. +20 per second)

If a setting makes the game feel different, it's not because it changed 4 to 0.

4. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Ok! Thanks.

I hate to put it back.

5. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Did it help or did I give you bad advice?

Sorry if it didn't.

6. blueshark747

blueshark747 Gamer

What does this Core config change stuff have to do with my thread?

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Racer

Thread title: Lack of Feeling of Speed Acceleration
    I'm not saying config change stuff fixes anything but it seems like it was posted with the best of intentions.

8. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Nothing. Make it is set for your computer.

9. Orne

Orne Alien

Check out that VIR track. Much greater sense of speed than some of the other circuits.

10. Try playing with FFB skip steps (from 1 to 0) and also with max frame latency 1 help me to reduce input lag. Also big gain on my rig was to enable HPET mode in windows - find application harmonic 0.3 and try to use it

BTW - my rig is quite fast, but previous gameplay on default ini setup was dissapointment, now it's best game which I ever played, so difference is huge - that's why is this topic

11. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Already did the FFB skip steps (from 1 to 0) and yes I did help. Didn't know about the max frame latency 0 to 1. That gave me about an extra 50 fps. I went from an average of 150 to 200. Thanks!!:)

I'm going to try HPET now.

12. P*Funk

P*Funk Racer

Ultima GTR, upcoming DLC for Automobilista.

13. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Sorry, it didn't help fps. I accidentally went into Nordschleife Tourist and for some reason I get lots of extra fps for the first part of the track.

14. Because it has no influence on FPS - it only help to reduce wheel input lag on some rigs (mine for example). Try it, make a few laps and see if feel any difference - but best is to make video comparing your wheel with virtual one in game (with both values) . HPET the same - FPS will remain on the same level, but system is more responsive.

http://www.bytemedev.com/programs/harmonic-help/

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

16. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Hate to admit but this is kinda entertaining.

Phil64, vegaguy 5555 and Topuz like this.
  17. blueshark747

blueshark747 Gamer

Please explain......
    We are waiting....
    [​IMG]

18. guys with funny gifs :D

out of the box Assetto for me was disapointment, after some adjustments it shines, it's normal that some people try to catch the bunny...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  19. [​IMG]

marcinmarcin79 and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  20. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Ok. Will have a look. Comparing the two wheels is a good idea.

I checked my bios for HPET and it is on all the time.

Thanks!