1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Laserscanned Laguna Seca + 6 bonus cars will be free!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ShredatorFIN, Sep 19, 2017.

1. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

The cost calculation wasn't just financial, but time too. A 3 track DLC would take ages to complete.
    Really? You're trying to compare the two? I don't know why you're pretending It's the same thing. A track is just a piece of tarmac. Totally the same as driving a prestigious car marques you've dreamed of owning since childhood because of the sounds and looks.

Yea i share the same thoughts, but I'd happily take 3 or 4 fantasy locations over 1 laser scanned real world track if it means we will get more tracks.

agrip 2 and MaxStrong01 like this.
  2. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well, sure that a good laser scan make a track quite accurate for sure!

But it isn't all... Surface and FFB is also important.

Look at Zaandvoort in Assetto... I is not laserscaned (and it's on of my favourite tracks in the game)

If I'm correct, Silverstone classic isn't scanned also and from Monza 1966 only the curbs of the oval section are scanned.

BCC and Highlands are fictional and not scanned, but like the tracks I've mentioned above they received a very good work on surface and FFB..

Finally that is important, because makes the track alive trough the wheel.

svenvangent and pippo10 like this.
  3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Pro drivers train with simulators, also players want to compare their performances to reality as close as possible. Real cars, real tracks. People may want to learn a track for a trackday, and improve their skills switching between IRL (trackdays) and sim. Value of laserscanning should not be underestimated either tbh... iRacing has all tracks scanned, and it's major competition point for them. Even if people never drove the real track, many still like "the idea" of it. If no other option, nonscanned is okay. Modders have no resources for laserscan, so people are happy with what they can get, and they get it for free so why complain. But laserscan still holds a lot of value in "hyper realistic" sims, it's the new standard. Makes jumping from sim like iRacing to another easier too, because the tracks are identical.

I hope Kunos doesn't do any more fictional ones if I'm completely honest.. rather real tracks or nothing. People won't be as willing to pay for non-scanned DLC and giving/creating many tracks for free is not profitable business.

I would have wanted that they add some best mod tracks into the game (so even console users can enjoy it) but they said it takes more time to check the origin/legality of all assets/textures and polish the track up to their standard, than creating a new track from scratch. They had noticed this with Zandvoort. So better not then. Also, the licensing costs would still be there, afaik the laser scanning cost is not the biggest part of cost with larger tracks, it's the license... that you need to pay even if non-scanned mod track is made official. Would also assume, that laserscan makes work of Simone easier, because he knows already where everything should be from the point cloud, he just needs to create it.

Could be that Laguna Seca is the last track we get. Giving all this for free could be a "Farewell gift" to community. Kunos is moving to their next project, in the background, you can tell this from the Sim Racing Expo interviews, also the one I linked here but others too. They said they are in R&D phase for next project, scoping options for new graphics engine. Hopefully more scanned tracks in AC2 out of the box, if their next project is circuit racing too.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    SlimCharles likes this.
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

My fear is that they can't bring everything they licensed from AC1 to AC2.

Well, having in mind the historic ones too.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

At least they have solid 3D models to build on, if they are able to re-license cars. Also point clouds of current LS tracks, while some scans are oldish. And all the connections to big marques now, which they didn't in beginning of AC.

SlimCharles likes this.
  6. Not true; more and more scans are becoming publicly available.
    Bingo!

7. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I agree with you both guys. It should be very nice to get some fictional tracks well made. Granturismo became famous with Autumn Ring, High Speed Ring, Grand Valley, Trial Mountains (my favourite), Deep Forest...Only for AC I should like they should be racing tracks and not road tracks as Black Cat and Highland. A city fictional race track in psrticular should be very attractive for me as completely missing in AC.

pippo10 likes this.
  8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Have other mod tracks used laserscan data, than Tor Poznań? That only one I'm aware of

9. Goodwood is made from a scan, the WIP Watkins Glen is made from a scan, and possibly VIR.

Anyways, pretty sure that Laguna Seca will be the last official track in AC.

ShredatorFIN and Diego Xavier like this.
  10. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

LIDAR and laser scanning Kunos uses are not the same thing. While LIDAR is very good, and I'm very glad to see people using it to make tracks, proper laser scanning is far more precise.

11. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Kinda sad if we don't get Le Mans at all for AC. We have all those LM-cars, but we don't have that "right" track for them. It's not same to use those cars on other tracks.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Kunos have proven they are really great at track surfaces, even on non laser scanned tracks.

I get all that, I want to compare myself too. I want laser scanned Monaco and Me Manns, just to name a few. But circuits only in a game is utterly boring. Some of us don't want to race all the time, we want to play the game but don't always feel like racing, but just chillin and driving. And that is boring on circuits.

I should also point out I do not want fantasy circuits, but locations like Highlands, public driving roads and city tracks. I'd pay for that. Kunos could always include them in a car pack. This game doesn't belong only to circuit SIM racers, it belongs to people who just like to drive and enjoy cars too ( Highlands and tourist are the most popular lobbies on PS4), Kunos made highlands specifically for those that struggle with the rigours of circuits and they hit the nail on the head. I give highlands a 8/10 overall, I'd give it a 10 if there was a longer version of the city track too. I'd love some more locations like that. That doesn't mean one has to be at the expense of the other, but Kunos can't carer just to the hardcore simmers who take themselves far too seriously.

Completely agree with city tracks, Tokyo in GT5 was one of my favourites and its not fictional either, definitely need more city tracks. Obviously I don't agree that there should not be road tracks, the road cars need somewhere to play.

Oh yea, also some hill climbs and some rally tarmac stages would be great too, fictional or not.

It's long been established we won't be getting it.

TheGT500 and agrip 2 like this.
  13. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  14. I thought BC standed for Bonus Car

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  15. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I think the Sesto is bigger news ( to me anyway). The
    Performante is interesting too. What a great pack, a nice Lancia Delta Evo will really be the cherry on top of the cake.

Hugo Catarino and Lewisxbone like this.
  16. magzire

magzire Alien

I wonder what it be like driving up it. Need to test in iracing now. All these years never drove backwards on it

17. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I never tried going backward up The Corkscrew either. I'll try it later.

Did you ever try going backward at Nordschleife or Spa-Francorchamps? They are the ultimate mind benders.

18. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Remember not to do that on race, you could get yourself banned for long lime

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im no sim elitist but I want the tracks as accurate as they possibly can just as i want the physics to be accurate as they possibly can. Kunos let us enjoy cars that we will never ever be able to drive and imo they do a good job. I want the same accuracy when they let us experience tracks.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  20. Plato99mk2

Plato99mk2 Rookie

It will be interesting to see how it compares to Project Cars 4

MaxStrong01 and Traks1 like this.