1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let admins have a autokick function

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kofotsjanne, Apr 5, 2017.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It would be pretty nice with a autokick function for players that have been afk near the track/on the track for a specific time that admins for servers can set depending on how long they think is ok. Maybe even a autokick when the server have x amount of players and a player have been afk in pit for a specific time, also set by admins. If its going to kick afk players that are in pit i guess it needs to be a bit longer, like 20 min or so?

I dont run any servers but asking as a player so it would be good to hear what you guys that do run servers think of this.

baboon and Schnipp like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions My Open Letter For ACC Jan 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's hope this does the trick Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I have to post before it lets me download Dec 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Chevrolet Corvette GT3 Jul 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! - The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed... [obsolete entry stuck in menu settings - resolved] Apr 7, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Complete Game Freeze after 2 hours of running [Fanatec driver memory leak] Apr 2, 2022
    ACC Gameplay GT4 AI backmarkers don´t let me pass. Mar 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS5/XSX Ambiance Sound completly missing Feb 23, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Freezes completely [complete log attached] [GPU crash] Jan 15, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Giving back for ACC 1.8: Let's talk about multi-class, multi-hour, full grid simulation? Dec 10, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Please let me ask in the other forumsssss Dec 8, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Lap Times Not Deleting? Nov 30, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Stats not being deleted Nov 28, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.8 has completely ruined playing with a gamepad Nov 25, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game darker after update [Custom engine.ini, remove AppData/Local/AC2 folder and let it regenerate] Nov 24, 2021

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I like the idea, but some of the SF admins regularly sit and stay on the server to either populate or stay but are afk for some reason.
    Although I have rarely seen drivers being afk for such a long time that I would have kicked them. In half a year or so now being admin I have kicked one guy and was about to kick another one, which responded a few minutes after my final message and he said that he was in a hurry before and thought he disconnected.

Maybe the Tourist Drive servers are a bit different though as I've seen many drivers not move for quite a while.

I think it would only work well if drivers could rejoin. On SF if we kick the player is banned until server restart for track change (usually daily switch).
    Kicking players to unlock their grid spot shouldn't deny access though.

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah, im aware of people idling in servers because they want to populate it and thats why i said it could be set when a x amount of players are already on the server. :) That way the kick wont happen until the "work" for the idling players are done and the server is populated. Might be a bigger issue on tourist servers as you say and the question is if its worth to implement it just because of those servers, even if they are really popular. The issue with being banned until restart needs to be changed with kicks like this too and maybe even let admins stay idle for as long as they want without a kick affect them.

5. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Don't like the idea (but the intention). Instead of letting Kunos guess when this kick is appropriate, my suggestion is:

- add the "send-to-pits" command server admins
    - add tyres out- information/events

Both are already on my wishlist towards Manu, and both allow a solution to your problem via plugin, with sensible options.
    Could be standalone or integrated in e.g. MR. The latter will have track limits knowledge soon and therefore doesn't exactly need the tyres out for this purpose (but others).

martcerv and Schnipp like this.
  6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Minolin likes this.