1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look what the cat hacked in - s02 e03

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by myimac, Aug 29, 2015.

1. myimac

myimac Alien

Creating a thread for the newest live stream. Looking forward to it as always

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - Summer Special - E02 Aug 12, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - Summer Special 2016 - E01 Jul 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E07 Jul 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E06 Jul 10, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E05 Jul 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E04 Jun 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E03 Jun 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E1 - Hold The Balloon May 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e06 Sep 19, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e05 Sep 12, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e04 - let's race Sep 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02eo2 Aug 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e01 - the placebo defect Aug 21, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s01e10 - season finale Aug 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in s01e08 - spin baby Jul 29, 2015

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

oh come on, i have to miss nurburgring 6h and now i have to miss this as well. weddings are the bane of my existence.

Mogster and myimac like this.
  4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

How could I see when the steam is scheduled? Maybe you thread-opening guys (ty btw) want to add a timestamp in the thread.

Epocx likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Hey! Life is about prioritize!

Ethan Dean likes this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

14h and 30 min from now. you can see a count down if you click the link. :)

7. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

No life is about not getting beaten within an inch of your life because you wanted to watch mark webber make a silly face instead of attending a family member's wedding. My father has a plank of wood and as you could imagine it hurts a bit when you get hit by said plank of wood.

8. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

Don't mess with Daddy!

Brownninja97 likes this.
  9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ty, but I only see that I'm living in a stupid country.

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

its 2:06pm central european time here now, so its 1am central european when it starts if i counted correctly. :)

11. murderous972

murderous972 Racer

Streams are on sunday and wednesday

12. Sounds like you need to use one of the IP workarounds. I don't know how it works, but I'm sure someone here does.

13. flomo

flomo Simracer

14. crosschris

crosschris Racer

I missed most of it...and proceeded to be trivial. Anyone have a general list of what was discussed?

15. Stereo

Stereo Alien

- no, it never rains in the Philippines so of course AC won't have rain (why are people even still asking?)
    - Stefano doesn't choose which licenses AC gets (again, why are people still asking?)
    - the 'new tire model' which is greatly simplified to make it possible for modders to create their own tires without needing data probably not in 1.3, and certainly never used on all Kunos cars
    - DRS will probably be explained better in the stream a week from now, since it only applies on the Exos T125 and currently Stefano has no opponents he can drive within a second of to demonstrate it.
    - water temps will be simulated so that dashboard gauges work, no other use for now
    - console lobbies will have a way to change server settings, but still be server rather than p2p (that's how I understood the question anyway)
    - current physics frequency is set to maintain support for poor hardware, this is the main reason for an AC2 - could drop support for people with DX10, DX11, and 2-core processors, and make AC2's spec 'DX12 + multicore' to improve tire model fidelity, etc. it's easy to change it (just 1 number sets frequency) but they can't remove support for old hardware
    - STEER_ASSIST is a gamma function on ffb strength, so for example 0.8 will bring up the low/mid force strength relative to high, 1.0 is completely neutral.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  16. 3316V

3316V Alien

No Vulkan? o_O

17. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Kinda hard to predict driver support really... DX12 has retail hardware availability already.

18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yep SteamOS, it needs to catch up. But it can only catch up if important games are also released for it. And idk how's the business with gpu driver support for vulkan and if dx12-vulkan has more common code than the previous dx-opengl. So idk if game devs and gpu drivers can port between dx12 and vulkan easily.

19. 3316V

3316V Alien

Vulkan works everywhere and DirectX 12 is the same proprietary **** that only work on NSA/Windows 10. I'm already pretty pissed because I need to have a Win7 partition in my PC so I can use AC, there is no way in hell I'm going to install Win10 so every 30 minutes tons of data are sent to M$ from my PC so they can see how I'm using mi computer.

I understand they are not going to spend time porting AC to GNU/Linux (well, they do to consoles...), but I really don't understand why the goal for AC2 is going to be Win10+DX12 where with the same effort or less they could go SteamOS+Windows+OSX & consoles.

EDIT: oh, and about developers and people working on Vulkan: https://www.khronos.org/members/contributors

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  20. Berry

Berry Alien

@Stereo Wait a second, the new tyre model won't be implemented to all the cars in AC? This is a huge disappointment if it is true, the consistency that AC had between its car range will disappear.I hope I read that wrong, or that Stefano meant something else, because that's really bad news.

21. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

exposure value from page up/down is now remembered (useful for some people with sli/rift but at the same time this shouldnt really be required. wish we had hdr like gtav does, so much more realisitc (aka not like a camera with low dynamic range but much more like your eye responds), none of the nuclear war white sky that you can see when stefano is driving around monza even with exposure set to 80%... honestly dont know how people can play like that

LOL Associat0r acknowledged by stefano

interesting to have an explanation of steer_assist (the description in the ini file is wrong) interestingly he said 1 is linear no alteration to FFB, i think some mod cars have been putting it as 0, possibly misled by the description

no its good news, he was talking about a simplified tyre model with like 4 parameters, (stiffness, softness, size etc.) for the benefit of modders, we dont want that on official cars!

in terms of the actual model, he showed a potential new option to use a curve for DY and DX, and if they go ahead and put it in, you can choose to either use that or the existing dx0 dx1 dy0 dy1 values

Glaurung, Dookie, Mike1304 and 2 others like this.