1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Cip, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Cip

Cip Racer

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - Summer Special - E02 Aug 12, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - Summer Special 2016 - E01 Jul 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E06 Jul 10, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E05 Jul 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E04 Jun 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E03 Jun 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E1 - Hold The Balloon May 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e06 Sep 19, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e05 Sep 12, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e04 - let's race Sep 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02 e03 Aug 29, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02eo2 Aug 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e01 - the placebo defect Aug 21, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s01e10 - season finale Aug 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in s01e08 - spin baby Jul 29, 2015

3. no intro, no topics, no nothing :) eagerly waiting for the stream, as usual

Cip likes this.
  4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Take a break Stefano, will ya? :D

Boris Lozac likes this.
  5. Cip

Cip Racer

40 minutes to go but still no topics in the description.... Interesting.

6. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Stupid question - where were the questions for Stefano posted ahead of today's stream?

7. Cip

Cip Racer

In the comments of the last weeks ''episode''.

8. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

If you are not watching he will show us something new today..........:eek:

9. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Monza '66 Oval right now on the stream!

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Not exactly, after the second banked turn you go on the old GP layout and after that the lap is done and starts with the 2 banked turns again.

Stefano said something about being part of the console version, so maybe it comes with an update with the console release.

11. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

stefano majorly broke his steering wheel, hah!

12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think the clamp went off, not really broken.

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

o_O

Confirmed, the new Monza layout is breaking steering wheels.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    Lawndart likes this.
  14. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Yeah I wrote it when he was loading the track so wasn't sure about the layout.

I think G27 has the same clamps as DFGT. If yes I wouldn't be surprised if it just broke. Happened to me couple months ago.

Epistolarius likes this.
  15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

My G25 holds up fine till now and I bought that at least one year before G27 was introduced.

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Monza combined course looks really fantastic, as it should be the banking looks to be seriously bumpy :eek: I used to enjoy the RFactor version so I can't wait to try the banking AC.

Has the rest of Monza 66 had a bit of graphics polish, it looks very nice. Maybe added placebo...

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

In regards to statistics of cars used in AC which was mentioned briefly on stream... I can at least say that I regularly try to drive cars I'm typically less likely to choose, I just pretty much don't drive online and don't have my own server. And even though I rarely drive and race them compared to GT race cars I do love how cars like the 4C, MiTo, Sport Quattro, 1M, Z4, Miura, many of the Lotus cars and other overlooked cars like this drive. But I guess it's just hard to do online racing with them.

Edit: Thanks for the stream Stefano

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    Schnipp likes this.
  18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yes, that's why I often drive in a "kind of track day" mode. That is full race weekend with 90 min. of free practice with a variety of AI opponents (as many as allowed), from P1/LaFerrari down to Lotus Exige, Cobra, Countach and a dusty track.

This takes about 30 min. until the grip is up and with tyre wear on it's about 40-45min. of driving one car (I don't actually qualify or race these events), managing and adapting to better track grip, tire deg and grip level with new tires (cold and after warmup lap). Plus with the opponents you have (positive) distractions with faster, slower and even-paced cars.
    And it's fun with all cars with performance within the range of the opponents.

Tundra and Epistolarius like this.
  19. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Better AI also opened up opportunities to race offline content we don't often see in the populated online servers. A custom championship mentioned in the stream is nice for single player. Still, making just some quick races with cars I don't normally see online, like the ones you mentioned epistolarius, makes the fun more diverse so you don't always grab the always used cars and tracks. For example if you are bored with some GT cars at Spa you always see online, you may think you're bored of Spa, but putting less used and different types of cars on Spa will change your perspective as you'll have to adapt differently to the track.

Lgt.t, Schnipp and Epistolarius like this.
  20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Certainly. Circuits like Spa are quire a different experience when driving one of the 250F, the old F1's, some street cars or whatever compared to when driving modern GT race cars.

21. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

With formula 1 fast cars Spa has 2 less corners.