1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Cip, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Robes

Robes Gamer

What was said about the custom championship? I didn't see that mentioned.

Volker likes this.
  2. Sean

Sean Simracer

Thanks for the live stream / series. Always interesting and enjoyable!

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Was cool seeing that AI without stability control, AI was drifting like a champ with 250F lol. Would be cool if AI would do something like Stefano said, varying their stability control level and do slides sometimes. Never knew they use stability control, but it kinda makes sense now when you think it. Also didn't know that AI doesn't have more grip, but just counter steers so quickly that they feel like they do, when you hit them. Plus that stability control thing

Also nice to hear AI aggressiveness slider is on the works for 1.8. Seems like 1.8 is scheduled around console release, and probably then we get the Monza oval

4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I don't think that he meant to turn off or vary stability control of AI, but that they occasionally do little mistakes like they happen to everybody and so emulating more realistic behaviour?!

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yes, maybe read that comment again?

nate likes this.
  6. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

Is that the reason why when I hit AI they never spin like me when I get punch from them haha its even worse in faster race cars .

pigsy likes this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

As soon as I saw Stefano turning of sc for ai I was whoosh! Great outcome with the 250f. Good times to come.
    And guys, 1.8 is gonna be the race update!:):):):)
    Thanks for this ongoing journey, it's a pleasure to be part of it.

Tino66 likes this.
  8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Quite possibly a factor - together with the very fast reaction times of the AI.

I'd be quite happy about them sliding a bit around from time to time. With the 250F that he tried it with that might even lead to faster lap times, that vehicle wants to be thrown around.

claudiopolez, djtopa, Lgt.t and 2 others like this.
  9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

He said one way to make AI more alive would be reducing that stability control value randomly, so that sometimes AI will slide... I (or he) didn't say it should be disabled. See it again and listen to what he says after the bit with AI driving 250f

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Mostly the fast and accurate response of AI is the reason for that according to Stefano.

djtopa likes this.
  11. Currently being worked on and hopefully ready (but no promises!) for v1.8

Epistolarius likes this.
  12. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

1.8 focused on racing side and physic upgrade.
    Is there something better?

Boris Lozac likes this.
  13. charlyv8

charlyv8 Racer

When will be 1.8 released, does anyone know it? will it come with new cars?

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Dude, 1.7 is just 3 days old...

15. Stefano said that they are hoping to release 1.8 at the same time as the console release, so at the end of August. There will likely be cars involved, but no word on whether they will be free, paid, or both.

nate, Epistolarius and charlyv8 like this.
  16. charlyv8

charlyv8 Racer

I know I know But i want more cars ¡¡¡¡¡ LOL

Eduardo AuKiss likes this.
  17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think Porsche DLC will bring the next big batch of new cars.

Iirc I read that the console version will get the 488 GTB and Stefano said that it's almost completed, so maybe it will find it's to PC, too.

But on another note:
    Last year or so there was the Lamborghini announcement trailer, but some of the promised cars are still nowhere to be seen. Does anybody know if they will find their way to AC?
    (Gallardo GT3, Asterion, Veneno and I think Diablo was mentioned somewhere)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    Eduardo AuKiss likes this.
  18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

There are more than enough new cars coming to make everyone happy, I'm sure. My last counting was ~45+ upcoming, about 18 or so unconfirmed (mostly Porsche). Take a look at the articles there to get an idea. https://www.assettocorsa.net/category/blog/

I'm definitely happy with that, especially with Porsche. Dream come true.

Schnipp likes this.
  19. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

1.8 probably comes with FXX K, 488 GTB, Praga R1 and the Audi A1 S1, since they are related to the console release. And if that comes with Monza oval, racing related improvements, AI improvements, custom championships, more cars with brake temps, maybe some cars updated to tyre model 10... I think that's plenty. Would guess Porsche pack 1 is a bit later in the Fall. End of August is roughly six weeks away, so they probably have plenty to do even without Porsche, Porsche DLC 1 will have most likely around 10 cars. So big project on it's own would think.

aphidgod, Kaaarp, djtopa and 3 others like this.
  20. djadlib

djadlib Gamer

Lots of improvements to AI which I as an off line racer am realy pleased about. But my question (if not allready asked in another thread - and if so, sorry for asking again) AI behaviour for multiple class races such as WEC type racing or VLN. Will this be improved? (e.g. faster cars being allowed passed by slower class cars?) and is a multiple class points system being worked on for future release? for example you can win a GT class in a championship that also features prototypes, or a GT4 class in a field with GT3 cars, you know what I mean?