1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E07

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Cip, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I wouldnt be surprised if we get cota at some point. people can race their lorries and buses there :D

2. Oulton Park would be a nice track to have, but I could certainly live without the dumb chicanes that were added.

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The Oulton back straight chicanes are optional, we could easilly have multiple versions as we have with other tracks.

Cadwell would be fun to have, Oulton just has far greater utility.

Apparently JP and MSV have plans to extend and widen parts of Cadwell so it can attract higher level car racing events.

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

nooooooooo!!!!!

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Apparently so ;)

Although wanting to do something and receiving planning permission are two different things...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  6. Emerson

Emerson Racer

Oulton, Cadwell, Oran...whatever...give me them all :D

But seriouslly...I would like to have some news about tracks outside Europe.

7. Robbiexsstar

Robbiexsstar Hardcore Simmer

Thank you!

8. Cadwell Park needs to be widened. It is too narrow for competitive racing in anything other than radio controlled cars :p

9. pigsy

pigsy Racer

Wow. That's all I can see after watching this stream of the Maserati 250 AI with it's stabilitycontrol.gain turned off. Absolutely transforms the look and realism of the car on track. It's so beautiful watching that car slide with power oversteer. Please, please Stefano introduce this feature in v1.8! Not only would this make the AI look better but adding some lag to the AI's steering would enable the AI to make mistakes. Currently player car to AI contact results in the player car loosing control too easily. Adding AI loss of stability on contact would add more realism and immersion to the sim. Same could be had for AI to AI contact as well.
    Not all cars we want seeing have this oversteer though. Those with factory stability control and modern day openwheelers need to have stability control enabled. But reducing it along with some slower AI reaction time on car to car contact would be awesome.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

What track is Oran?

11. pigsy

pigsy Racer

The only Oran I know is Oran Park Australia. Closed down a few years ago for a housing development.

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Me too but was wondering as he said he wants tracks outside europe and mentioned Oran. I only know of the old aussie track which is not in europe I am fairly sure and actually after Brexit are Oulton or Caldwell in Europe. :D

13. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

Oulton park is a brilliant track and is one track that AC officially needs. Oran is another of my favorite tracks id love to have in AC is there any good mods for oran around?

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Oran Park had a laser scanned version for rfactor. Im fairy sure that scan data is what Iracing used as they built the track well after it was already a housing estate.

Can this data be obtained by Kunos by any chance? Who would they need to talk with regarding licensing of a historic track that no longer exists? Iracing did it so it must be possible and I suspect not exactly cheap.

For textures etc they would need to talk to the guy that made the original rfactor track as they cant exactly go and survey the track now. Here is a lap of Oran park in 2010.

Info on the BTB laser scan projects.
    http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/laser_scanning.aspx

The eastern creek track in AC clearly uses the base of the Rfactor laser project, but it has been heavily modified as it now includes the current layouts that didnt exist when the original track was scanned. No idea if that track was used with permission or not but I have not seen the oran scanned track ever be converted to another platform possibly Iracing bought the rights to this so who knows.

May need to get the guy that creared BTB as he is the guy that worked on the scanned tracks I think part of his university studies.

TERRA21 likes this.
  15. plaid

plaid Alien

Aggressionslider is great news! Not only cause peoples different preferences, but you can make sprintraces with slower cars more exciting (/aggressive) and at the same time you can reduce the aggression if you race Formula cars, make a endurancerace or a trackday, where it can become very frustrating if you get bumped. That means a lot of diversity offline.

Also the ability for the AI to let lapping cars pass. Hope that increases the chances of multiclassracing. Besides big grids (mods) and pitstops thats the only thing essential for enduranceraces (where different classes race, duh) for me. No need for night and rain.
    Just hope AI will pit for tires in the not so far future. :(

Thats something I miss if people express there like or dislike of (announced) tracks.
    It makes a big difference which cars you use. A track can be great with Formula cars, while with a GT car or slow cupcar, its rather boring etc. etc. etc..

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I have mixed feelings about that. If it's done well, then please bring it, but I fear that it might be unpredictable, since I play racing games where I went off line to overtake slower/lapped cars, but when I got close they also went off the racing line because a faster car (in that case me) was behind them and then you have to evade them anyway. Sometimes crashes weren't even avoidable since they pulled out very late, so no clean maneuver was possible or I had to evade so fast/strong that I lost control over the car.

But if they can implement it with predictable AI behaviour I'm looking forward to that.

17. plaid

plaid Alien

I think its a absolute must have, otherwise you can't have proper long/endurance-races. If a opponent gets stuck behind another AI car (players usually got much more opportunitys), like currently if a car is much slower, simply ruins the race.

Generally I think you have to adjust, most of the times humans and AIs are predictable but especially the former sometimes make moves - which are not always mistakes - you need to adjust to.

And thats something I also expect from a good AI. I see no solution in driving like a robot, just cause the AI is absolutly not capable of avoiding a crash. Im a bad driver but with my first steps in onlineracing I first focused to avoid crashes, first it cause it ruins other peoples races, but also mine.
    Just being fast doesn't make one a good racedriver imo, you also need to adjust to all the other cars, that don't move like they are following a cheography.
    Sure: In some cases its unavoidable, than its an accident.

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Agreed, but AI since 1.7 has improved very much and they don't get stuck behind slower cars not nearly as much as before.

Just look at this video of Stefano:
    red-white car is AI, white-yellow is Stefano

plaid likes this.
  19. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

proper respect to you Stefano for experimenting (even live!!) ways to make the AI make mistakes and be less on rails on the road. I know we spoke a few months ago on this very subject, and it was interesting to watch you strive toward a better more human like ai.. Cheers

Dan

aphidgod and Schnipp like this.
  20. I bet without stability on the AI (like tested on the stream) we could do tandem drifts on the drift track :)

Sent using Tapatalk