1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod that seems to make night racing in AC possible? (Working headlights)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Jun 3, 2018.

1. TDS

TDS Alien

2. peter boese

peter boese Hardcore Simmer

I think the most important thing - and that sounds a little bit pathetic - without politics it doesn't matter which language you speak and which nationality you have.

Andrew_WOT and exited22 like this.
  3. yeah, I don't know how "hackable" is it on the online side, since acserver manager controls everything in that matter

4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

You should also try dynamic weather with time multiplier. It's crazy, from clear skies to clouds, and rain, don't know how these guys do that.

exited22 likes this.
  5. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

How is that done?
    I read the manuel but I am puzzled how to choose the dynamic weathers in CM.
    Would be glad if you can help.

Forget to set "true" in the lua files. :oops:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    Nick Moxley likes this.
  6. peter boese

peter boese Hardcore Simmer

Sorry. We are working on a nice interface in CM. It's just a workaround. Everything is so brand new. .

7. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Looking great but killing my FPS in VR :)

I had an older shader patch installed with pretty much everything disabled except the Real Mirror , VR Stereoscopic mirror & show helmet with GBW 2.4 which ran mostly as 90 FPS
    I've not went back and disabled everything yet since installing the latest shader and SOL as it looks so good but running 45 FPS most of the time now.

Been thinking about a RTX 2060 card recently to boost my FPS as its between 1070TI and 1080 performance wise. :)

8. Jakal

Jakal Racer

Try the (experimental) FPS improving functions in the CM shaders patch settings. They give me quite a boost, especially the CPU stuff. I compared vanilla to a rewritten shaders patch version with those on in similar conditions and the improvement was around 20%. Night lighting will take its toll of course, but in theory losing fps by using the shaders patch shouldn't be a thing anymore, as night can't be compared anyways, because vanilla doesn't have it.

In addition to that, henter is working on even more VR fps improvements currently.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  9. boabmatic

are you talking about these settings in the general.ini file ?? do you just enable them all ? I've not messed about with these settings before.

[OPTIMIZATIONS]
    MULTITHREADED_LOADING=0 ; Multithreaded loading (reduces loading times); 1 or 0

[OPTIMIZATIONS_CPU]
    ; CPU optimizations, experimental (can reduce CPU load for certain unoptimized tracks like bathurst_fm7, prague, alps; may break others)
    MERGE_MESHES=0 ; Merge meshes (merge groups of smaller meshes to reduce draw calls); 1 or 0
    FLATTEN_NODES=0 ; Flatten nodes (remove unnecessary nodes in scene graph); 1 or 0
    CBUFFER_BINDING=0 ; Optimize CBuffer binding (avoid unnecessary binding to shader stages); 1 or 0
    MULTITHREADED_CULLING=0 ; Multithreaded culling (determine object visibility in separate thread to free up CPU cycles in main thread); 1 or 0

[OPTIMIZATIONS_GPU]
    ; GPU optimizations (can reduce GPU load in certain situations depending on view, track or cars)
    REORDER_RENDERING=0 ; Optimize draw order (change draw order to reduce overdraw); 1 or 0
    OPTIMIZE_MESHES=1 ; Optimize meshes (rearrange index buffers for better cache usage); 1 or 0
    SEPARATE_SHADOW_MESHES=0 ; Use separate meshes for shadow pass (optimized vertex/index buffers for shadow pass. Might gain an fps or two but increases CPU load slightly. Will dynamically disable under high CPU load); 1 or 0
    DEDUPLICATE_MESHES=0 ; Deduplicate meshes (reduces VRAM usage for multiple cars of same type); 1 or 0
    SHADOW_MAP_16BIT=0 ;; hidden

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

They are all in CM UI.

11. boabmatic

cheers ... I'll check the CM UI , been using the ini files to enable/disable the shader patch features , didn't know you could do it in the UI

12. le Bluem

le Bluem Racer

CM is in tray during game, but you can do this, and change almost all parameters live
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

boabmatic likes this.
  13. nolive72

nolive72 Racer

is it recommended, prior to install SOL that I am willing to test, to uninstall all shaders and weather mods that I had set in my AC folders? or just the "good and bad weather" one as I seem to have read somewhere?apologies if thats been asked and answered already....

14. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

How does SOL work on mod tracks? Is there anything needed specially for light sources?

Wondering how does it recognize light sources on cars and glass effects on mod cars?

Cheers...

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It is not SOL per se but Shader Patch and it includes files for some popular mod tracks light sources.
    Look under Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks

Warlock likes this.
  16. Jakal

Jakal Racer

Not really, no. I think the main reason that you might want to delete them, would be so that if you click on real conditions CM doesn't automatically select the ones that don't propperly work with the 24h cycle.

And regarding light source configs on cars: That's all 100% automated. It even goes so far, that colored textured elements on top of white headlight bulbs are recognized correctly for light colors.

Only tracks need special configs for all their lights.

17. le Bluem

le Bluem Racer

this only works for 50% of all cars, there are configs for a lot of cars in
    "Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\cars"

18. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Just real-time shadows casted from car light sources left to do, and we start approaching pcars2 lighting capability and feel.

19. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...now I see for cars and tracks, thanks

20. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Shader patch has been updated to version 43 with a lot of nice added features and settings, looking forward to install it and try them. It would be so nice if regular devs added so much function as often to their game, instead of the normal status of nothing much happening and fix to blatant issues taking month to fix.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    rex81 likes this.