1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod that seems to make night racing in AC possible? (Working headlights)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Is the visual deformation of the tires already available? What do we need to download and install?

2. Tire deformation is built into the headlight shader mod. (and he has found a way to make it work during replays somehow!)

3. Jakal

Jakal Racer

x4fab is a magician confirmed.

4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you @Michael Hornbuckle, I guess it will eventually be available on is own, as the headlight shader mod is not so great in the day light with the brake lights reflecting on the tarmac.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Lucky they dont burn Witches any more. :eek::D

6. Also a new feature: different head light colors:

7. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

Does the mod do that automatically now or is there some manual workaround that has to be done?

8. Jakal

Jakal Racer

You still need to have a config for every car you want to change the headlight color for. It's an easy process though. Once you are satisfied with your yellow tone, you just copy the ini file of the car multiple times and rename the copies to folder names of cars you also want to have those yellow headlights. That's pretty much it.

Edit: Oh and don't forget to do that in documents\assetto corsa\cfg\extension\cars instead of <assetto corsa dir>\extension\config\cars\. That way you'll keep the configs you made, even when the mod updates.

After_Midnight likes this.
  9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

A switch in the CM UI between white and yellow headlights for specific cars/the whole grid might be worth a consideration. Headlights for (GT) race cars differ from series to series (livery to livery in AC) not the car.

After_Midnight and DaveS78 like this.
  10. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

Ah ok. I remember seeing on the 'to do' list that x4fab was going to implement that but I guess he changed his mind. Not sure if I feel like doing that for every car with yellow lights.

11. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

whaaat the ....cat???

Nightmod? Tire deformation? Lighting? Pffffff!!!...... Okay...... time to buy CM

absolut speechlees.....

After_Midnight likes this.
  12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

jc1993, kelnor34, rex81 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Jakal

Jakal Racer

Nah, it's still planned. His to do list is pretty long though. Making all of the tyres and lights stuff work flawlessly, especially in replays and when playing online is top priority right now. It will all be implemented into CM, but ease of use isn't a very high priority right now because too much things are still changing on a regular basis.

Nick Moxley, martcerv and DaveS78 like this.
  14. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

Nice to know. I'll just wait till the built in implementation is completed.

15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

As a joke I had said in the past that Content Manager felt to me like I was using AC2, as CM is allowing AC to be so much more, but with those latest developpement, working lights/night driving and tire visual deformation, I fell like we are now playing AC3.
    I also have the feeling there is more to come not only from x4fab but other he might be inspiring with his findings.

Nick Moxley and Andrew_WOT like this.
  16. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

If x4fab can find a way to force night racing in MP and allow particle effects at wet track grip levels I will eat all hats!

I guess forcing night racing is impossible as you aren't going to get a mismatch error for wrong pp filter but I'm beginning to believe the impossible is possible in AC.

Maybe we will even see static racing line from track creators for dry track racing using surfaces like Goodwood wet.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  18. No. It is (or will be in an improved way soon) compatible with the shader mod.

19. Poloman

Poloman Racer

I do too look forward to MP forced night someway.

liakjim and Andy-R like this.