1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New Tyre V7: next step to realism or just a trueman show?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by FALK, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Does tyre pressure / temp affect the cars ride height? So with cold tyres for example, does the car touch the ground more than say with hotter tyres (which would have more pressure)?

Thanks.

2. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Well I did notice changes in pressure changes toe and camber a little bit, so quite likely

3. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

AFAIK tyre pressure always affected stationary height, you could tell it on the setup screen. Can't see why it shouldn't happen dynamically while driving too, but varying tyre circumference (vs gear ratios) is also another interesting aspect regarding pressure/temps.

4. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

5. Also, I don't know if you noticed, but you can feel the difference of different tire compounds and pressures in the steering wheel FFB as the road bumps and imperfections are more or less pronounced depending on tires like in real life...amazing!

6. rycil

rycil Simracer

Yep, and you can also feel the camber ! FFB is stronger on turn while increasing the negative camber.

Steve Bullitt likes this.
  7. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

I've expected to find a thread like this on RD and other forums, but how very kind of you guys to open it here for everyone to share their input.

v7 tire model has revealed that there isn't enough detail within AC's tire model. FFB does not transition enough feedback, because there is a lack of detail.
    The resonance of tire flex is just not right. We're all tired of this game changing it's shape every little while, but this time I would welcome change.
    The way tires build up and loose grip, as well the peak grip are all set at wrong points. They need to be all more detailed in their approach and core, to find their better place.

This tire model shows there needs to be far more detail in tire model as the tire moves through the usable slip range.
    The usable sliprange is way too similar at the botton to what's on top of it. This goes especially for lateral slip under significant longitudinal load!
    This is very harsh judgment from me, however it's not one that can't be overcome.
    The tire model simply needs more complexity, more detail and then it will give us more feedback. This will create richer experience and greater immersion.
    The tire model is core of any simulation and it should be taken utmost seriously.

Kristaps likes this.
  8. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

9. TDS

TDS Alien

so tell us where are the right points for the build, loose and peak grip?

How would you change how the slipangle usage should be done? Can you show some real life data pointing the flaw?

Lateral Slip under Logitudinal grip, any real life motec telemetry for us to analisys?

you tell that the tire model changing makes you sick, but asks for more change.
    How would it evolve without change tho?

Do you have real track and racing experience? Any videos?Any tyres data? Any telemetry?

please share it than your inputs and wishes can maybe start to make its way for tire model v8, v9 or v10.

But first you need to bring data of RL vs Sim to compare, there will be many interested to see this posted here including me.

iam very positive aris will love to see it, if its sensitive data send via pm directly to aris.

bondyboy, nijeat, LeDude83 and 2 others like this.
  10. esox71

esox71 Alien

TDS likes this.
  11. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

I dont think TDS knows who Niki is.

heh.

Kristaps, Jaye and TDS like this.
  12. TDS

TDS Alien

:) you know, i need RL vs Sim data or it don't make sense for my brain hahahaha

if he has the data why not post it up so the tire model can be better?

i mean "theres not enough detail, x isnt right, y could be better,"
    So how you propose it to be better?
    i can talk all day but if i dont point it to the right direction.. how that will be improved?
    those are words trown into the wind... i dont care who niki is, even if he were the new Ayrton Senna or the master of the Aliens,
    if he want the tire model to be better and know exactly where it need to change why not go into detail about it?
    is just too vague for me to understand, and i bet too vague for aris to make it better too.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  13. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Again everyone is a physics "expert" but doesn't have any data to back anything up. Imagine how successful a race team would be if the driver never told his crew what is wrong with the car but always complained it handled horrible.

Driver: "This thing is terrible!"
    Crew: "OK glad to fix it. What is wrong with it?"
    Driver: "I can't tell you that"
    Crew: "What do you mean? Is it maybe too loose? Or maybe a bit tight?"
    Driver: "I don't know it just handles very bad... Fix it"

14. Just add 4 more simulation values to it.

15. TDS

TDS Alien

exactly !
    is like saying;
    ohh your cake lacks flavour complexity lightness of the cover and the bite of the sugar, the top is strange and the bottom is gummy. the middle i can't decide ....

instead of;
    hey you know my grandpa gave me this recipe and it adds a bit more sugar but also a pinch of salt also some orange scraps to make it very rich flavoured and light.. i can give you the recipe if you want, its addictve like ac 1.5.x lol

now im hungry, why i aways use food as examples? im not fat tho, yet...

16. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

Except he did tell you what was wrong with it. Did you read the post?

17. Stereo

Stereo Alien

He said what he wants, I see no evidence actual tires have the high & low end of peak slip range "more different and detailed"

18. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

"The usable sliprange is way too similar at the botton to what's on top of it. This goes especially for lateral slip under significant longitudinal load!"

Is the critical sentence in his post.

Very, very few people can actually drive the simulation at the pace required to understand whats going on. Nikki is one of the few in the world who can. I'd probably listen to him.

Kristaps, TERRA21 and Andy-R like this.
  19. TDS

TDS Alien

he said a bunch of problems, and not a single way to overcome this problem.s..he is the "engineering expert alien league top pole racer." lol
    he should also come with some good data and explaining why the tires doesn't have the detail between with grip and after the limit of grip as he describes missing steps of resolution and feedback in betwen .. like an on off switch.
    Btw
    they are Problems that are personal to how HE feel the Simulation model in AC. cause I dont feel in any way what he describe since i asked for data to help me feel ans understand what he says... tires v7 are very progressive for me.. its only when you go over the limit is harder to catch but even than its very progressive at limit and over the limit .. it just switches faster to a no return situation, ie you have to countersteer faster ie more challenging. but from the initial optimum grip to the limit of grip its very very progressive and detailed. I feel much more setup changes in ffb and wheel feel than ever before, thats for me is added complexity and depth in the tire model and physics in general. so who is right... ? everyone, idont have data to proove my points i just made them by feel exactly like niki.

bur if i want the tire to be better and represent better RL i must come with RL data and point exactly where the problem is so we can get to a solution.
    cheers

20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

What does it mean though? What is the sliprange, where is the bottom and where is the top and in which way are they similar?