1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New Tyre V7: next step to realism or just a trueman show?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by FALK, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

^hard facepalm.

liakjim, Uff, ZethGAF and 3 others like this.
  2. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

3. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

You need to go down at least 10 psi in the F40 now.

4. Considering it starts at 36psi, that's not surprising. The default pressures are suited for the vintage tyres probably. Not sure if it really needed that much IRL.

5. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

My friends who own F40s tell me around 32psi hot is what they run the rare times they take it to the track. Nobody is pushing it hard though, so difficult to tell whats actually fastest.

6. Yeah, but he doesn't run 80's tyres replica does he ? That's what the 36psi cold is probably for.

32psi hot for a track-oriented tyre on a car of that weight sounds about right.

Aristotelis likes this.
  7. @Aristotelis, however it might be a good idea to change the default pressures for that car. Considering the default tyres are the semi-slicks. Or change the default tyres to the vintages :p

arthur666 and Mike1304 like this.
  8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

This is something that I'm still debating. Not a very easy solution for multiple of reasons. I'll explain later as I have to run now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I'd say max. front camber only, IF you get perfect weight-transfer with that particular car (inside tyre reaches close to 0N).
    Maximizing rear camber on understeering street car is just wasting good longitudinal grip, imo.

LeDude83 likes this.
  10. unknwn

unknwn Alien

If I am correct current default tyres are street tires (not the old ones).

11. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

There may be a default PSI by car-tire type combination. Probably by tire may not be enough as car weight and specs may result on a different optimal PSI.

12. kikie

kikie Simracer

I was wrong. There is a difference and I can feel it. Tyre model 7 is better. I can now start to learn how to drift.

I only played AC for about 2 hours in 2 months. Yesterday evening I played AC and tried several cars, including a drift BMW and felt the difference between the previous tyre model and the new tyre model. This tyre model gives me a feeling that I'm driving a real car. The only time I felt the same difference (between less realisme and much more realisme) was when I tried out the AccuForce, compared to my G27 and my previous T300RS.

As I said in a different thread; kudos to Kunos. :D

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    Christopher Low likes this.
  13. I am working my way through the car list @ Vallelunga Club, and I am very impressed with the new tyre model. The Lotus Evora just feels better and better with every update. I think that some people have this idea that relatively powerful road cars should be all over the place at anything above walking pace, but I don't believe that for a second. The new tyre model is giving me an even greater feeling of connection between the cars and the track surface :cool:

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yep. And now try to stay in visible range of an alien driver for a MP sprint race. You'll notice that nothing has become easier :)

15. 3316V

3316V Alien

Hi @Aristotelis, You forgot to answer this and I'm really interested in what you got to say. :p

16. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ah yes... so here are the possible scenarios.

- The default tyres are the streets, not the semislicks. So the 36psi default pressure give a decent cold start grip. We also like to put the original booklet values on everything we can for authenticity reasons. Of course the user manual of the F40 asks for 36psi cold pressures. (yes, again for the vintage tyres)

- "Ok so why don't you make so that when you change compound in the setup, you also change tyre pressure automatically?" Fair point we thought about that but no go. If you have already altered your setup and at the end you decide for a different compound (or even clicking by error) should we change your already modified pressures? People would be obviously upset if we do. So the alternative is that the setup always keeps the pressures you have set, even if you change compounds.

- "Ok but in this way newcomers might feel that AC is very hard, they don't know they should lower the pressures". Yes, but... depends on the level of the newcomer. A total newbie, should click click click and go drive. If he does so, he will find himself on track with all assists on, tyre blankets on and so on. So he is well protected. The moment he starts eliminating assists from the UI, is already a "decent user" and can also start trying setup changes, or ask for help here.

So as you can see, it's not an easy decision. I can assure you for every single fair doubt or point there is an answer that goes the opposite direction. At some point we had to make a decision and this is how it is now. maybe in the future we will change it again, but for now I think it's a good compromise of authenticity, decent grip and noob protection. Obviously power users and experienced simracers will find in one way or another the solution to the problem.

17. I could have sworn default tyres were the semis... Uh. Then it's kind of a non-issue then. Tho 36psi sounds a bit high for standard performance street tyres. Anyway.

18. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

You could include a label value (readonly) with the default tire compound pressures as a reference, maybe also include a button to apply those default settings to your setups as a quick shortcut. In this way your setup tire psi are kept but you will be able to set it back to a default. Do not know how much effort that could be, but does not sound to complex.

Kopiller and ears1991 like this.
  19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

It would be even more simple if in the setup screen optimal hot pressures (as read from the acd/inis) were shown for the current compound.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  20. the default presure should be a property of the tire compount, you change the tire (and also phisically is a different tire) and the pressure would be automatically changed.
    but hey, is all good, you've put the thinking into it already and explained properly.

well, sorry, i was thinking about changing tire and wheel :) but still if you know that a better pressure is suited with the other tire compound available..
    nevermind :)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016