1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic NEWS/INFOS From Social Media

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ZX636, Jan 28, 2017.

1. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the clarification.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  2. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I'm delighted to hear the TS040-HYBRID and R18 e-tron quattro are due relatively soon - May on PC so presumably June on console. Cannot wait! Just the MC12 GT1 required to all but complete my dream cars as I assume the GT-one and TS010 are not happening.

I wonder what is causing such a delay with Laguna Seca...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    StyleF1re likes this.
  3. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

In the "end of the year" blog, Marco stated this:
    "The operations and logistics needed to bring the Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway in Assetto Corsa needed more time than supposed, and while we confirm you will finally put your wheels on this iconic track within half 2017"
    My guess is that more problems of the same nature arose later, forcing them to delay it.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  4. From the comments section of Marco's (AC Licensing Director and HDIC) personal FB page:
    - morning Marco Massarutto you say that after Easter we have some news about the PS4 upgrade...
    In Spain Easter ended two weeks ago and we dont have any news...
    If you are having problems with the update tell to the comunity...

Silence is worse than having problems with the update...
    Anything for example screenshots or some data... But the silence of the last months is not a good direction i think...

Marco's response:
    Marco Massarutto Hi David, to be fair, "after Easter" means any day or period of time after Easter, not "the day after". But, to be fair as well, it does not mean that we can stay in silence for ages, after Easter. XD Jokes apart, the submission process needed to get the approval from Sony and Microsoft is always complicated, and working also on the korean version of Assetto Corsa (that has been like to release a new game from scratch..) required an additional amount of time. Therefore, we learned to wait until we get a proper and final feedback from the submission, before to release news. And, how much time this process can take is not only in our hands. As soon as we can release news, the Assetto Corsa FB page will be updated. About this: "the silence of the last months is not a good direction i think...", recently I've decided to do not post anymore previews that are not available before on the official Assetto Corsa channel, so that we prevent any lack of information or misunderstanding.
    Thank you for your patience.

@P73, Scuderia Paul, ZX636 and 4 others like this.
  5. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

understandable. also explains why we havent seen new screenshots of upcoming cars since february.
    anyway, new dlc should be here soon, wait is almost over. can't wait to know which road cars will be included.

@P73, Scuderia Paul and SlimCharles like this.
  6. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Excuses for the dificulty of submissions ...how easy is to make a faut of Sony/Microsoft , if the update is good pass the submission if not is obvious not pass it! Submission process is 7 to 10 days...and they talk about this from end of March so is obvious they not pass it and was pushed back...but dont blame Sony/Microsoft is the faut of Kunos... (many devs lunch 2 to 4 mountly patches, and dont talk to first party devs...i talk for devs who are same amount of people or smaller than Kunos..how they can and Kunos cant!? I hope at least all bugs and errors who was the reason for not passing it are solved...because if we recive a update who add stuff but broke others gone a be a bit disappointment for many who waits it from March...

Carlos_Fandango likes this.
  7. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

7 to 10 days? You know this because you've submitted patches to Sony? Do name these smaller devs. Also you seam to forget Kunos have already released patches in the past. Not every update goes according to plan every time. Truth is your post like many on this forum is filled with ignorance and ramblings.

LeDude83, Matt White and SlimCharles like this.
  8. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Wow! Let see ARK SURVIVAL they are small team and they make a console version from PC (same like Kunos) Why they lunch every mounth patches , who adds new stuff ,bug fixes, changes, performance updates, nex one goes to change the UI compleatly...ect ect... They are small team too.. And yes is obvious i not pass my submission because im not a dev but you can see in Sony politics about the process and takes 7 to 10 days...and if the patch is not good and have errors is pushed back...the ignorant are you...,if you think from March the problem is of Sony/Microsoft...no the problem is of Kunos who not make good enought patch to pass the submission is so easy to understand :) (PS: Before you talk about if im dev and how i know how long takes the submission process, you can inform you in internet about the submission process of Sony and Microsoft ..you have a good info to learn before you talk)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  9. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

"You'll see it mentioned all the time when talk of game delays or patches comes up. "Oh, we're just waiting on the approvals process", or "we're just waiting for the patch to be certified, then we're good to go". Those kind of excuses/explanations sound great from the developers end, but to us? It's meaningless, because we have no idea how long those processes take. Or, we didn't. We have at least some idea now, thanks to the always-helpful "Ask Capcom" letters section the company runs every week. Capcom fanboy Ryu vs Ken asks "How long does the approval process usually take?". Seeing as he's asking about SSFIIHD, it's probable this explanation covers only downloadable games, but the answer is interesting nonetheless:

Depends on the territory and the time of year/how busy the submissions team is. It also depends on territories. SCEA and MS can turn things around in 5-7 days most times. SCEE is closer to two weeks but they have a system where you can see the progress and bugs as they're testing (which means, you can anticipate your pass or fail and potentially be ready to have a resubmission ready to go when you fail). That said, you generally want to get reports from SCEA and SCEE, fix all issues and resubmit to both at the same time so it's not always such a benefit easy. SCAsia is a bit easier on the submission side as their evaluation focuses mostly on the material submisisons, not on code approval (provided you have code approval from SCEA or SCEE).

See? Interesting! Now the next time someone says "oh, the game will be available as soon as it's been approved", you've got a rough idea of how long you've got to wait."

Who is the ignorant now!?

10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Oh so you've named just one dev. Regardless, it is completely irrelevant, its completely laughable to call me the ignorant when you talk as if you are privvy to inside info. Sonys submission can actually take up to 2 weeks, depending on how many are in the cue and who has paid more for priority.

Also jesus Christ, wtf are you talking about? Who the hell claimed it was the fault of Sony? No wonder you dont have a grasp on the reality of things. Kunos submitted the update, it didn't pass, they're working on it. You and your daily whinning can not change any of that, nor can it make coding any easier for the devs. What exactly is so hard to understand here? You talk as if Kunos are just out partying all night.

I think you should ask Kunos for a job and show them if one game gets a patch every month it means Kunos should never have any problems. Kunos staff better start looking for new jobs.

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Yes in one i agree..Kunos must hire more stuff..to speed up the development :) (The better chance you have it about the job asking :) you defend it in all costs, and i just use a critics to explain my point of view and on many others! (i told you last time and stop posting...if the game was good enought all this Facebook comments and social media non happynes of so many users not gone a exists if all is good enought..and if have lots of people who complaim about same stuff this proof by itself something is not good enought)

12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Who is ignorant now? It is still you. You have no idea what the issue was ( but act like you know it all, ignorant ), you have no idea how easy\difficult the issue is to sort out ( ignorant ), you have no idea how long the issue will take to fix ( Ignorant ), you have no idea if it will pass the next submission and neither do kunos thus your ignorant statement that you have a rough idea (which we know is April\May so there's your rough idea ) how long we're gonna wait after after a failed submission. Also let's be real, you ask for a rough idea, if thet give you a rough idea, you're gonna cry about not being given an exact date. Just like the people asking for a little bit of what's in the update, who were then given the major highlights and then cried they were given no info because they were not told of every single little thing in the update.

So yes, you are ignorant.

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

I think you are not understend why im not happy with all this and why i give you some exemples...is pointless to continue this talk...you are happy with the lacknof info around the update and the submission problems im not...so is pointless how Lord Kunos says is better stop...is pointless..but dont tell me its only me because in social medias have a lot of people who ask for some answers about what hapoened exactly...from end of March to May have a lot of time to pass a submission...and we still without passing it...Why!? (Also dont forget i can express my happynes or not about the game because i PAY for it like You!) if you are happy and i not is equal , the problem is have too much unhappy people if was only me i gives you the reason behind your words but is not the case..and if many see problems in some aspects 9f the game compared to other games or to the proper PC version you cant say to this people are ignorants...because the ignorant is who not see the problems and agree with curent development.. Is good to be happy but dont blame others for their non happynes...try to understand it at least!

14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

See? More proof of ignorance. I do not defend the game at all costs, this is pure ignorance by yourself and your own lack of willingness to get a grasp on the situation. We are not even talking about the game or it's merits and demerits here for starters for me to defend. We are talking about you posting as if you know the inside of Kunos and the problems they are having with authorisation and whatnot, when you don't know a damn thing regardless of what you google.

Your comments regarding Facebook are completely irrelevant to the discussion, i can find just as many comments praising the game on Facebook. Which would also be completely irrelevant.

Anyway, whine some more. That will totally make programming a lot smoother and the update come quicker.

Edit: Where is the lack of info? It failed submission, they're working on it, will be re submitted, April\May it will hit console surely. Your very last sentence is proof of your ignorance. Coding is complex, stuff happens, they had problems. It makes absolutely no difference why it didnt make it. No amount of whinning will change it. Time to accept it like a man\woman and just wait for the update or move on.

15. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Not gone a still answering you...is pointless you dont understand what people ask and complains ...is pointless! I stop posting...and cross fingers for good update (otherwise you gone a see what i talking about my non happyness and lack of info and fetures)

16. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Please whine as much as you like, but not in this thread please. It's just too nice to be locked, especially for those who don't use Facebook like myself. Please, go ranting somewhere else before we lose this thread as well.

17. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Wow! I see ...and i was thinking to stop makimg posts here...but based on your comment...definitivley not gone a stop express what i think about the game...just waiting the update , let see all this wait for what is it...and if is so hard to put a code for button mapping after almost 10 mounth of game development! Ah and one more think i know the rules of the forums and i dont brake it and you are not the person who can tell me if i use it or not, ok!?

18. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

News and Info from social media...hmm let see!

FaceBook the news are about video tutorial for a gearbox, and lots of negative comments about the state of the update...and the info is...Soon :)

19. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Worst.forum.ever. The PRO Stream BG stream of barely conscious blog.

Congrats. First person I have blocked. This and many other threads are suddenly pages shorter. Win. Come back Horus, all is forgiven. At least you kept ur crap short and sweet...well, short anyway ;).

LeDude83, Matt White and paul_wev like this.
  20. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Omg pages of arguments, why ? Nobody actually knows what has OFFICIALLY happened to the update or where it is at, until KUNOS posts something to the contrary.
    It looks like there going to miss the April release so one would hope that kunos would make an announcement or update to what is happening.
    I would agree as well that bad news info is better than no info.