1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Non dlc players playing with dlc players?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jynnantonix, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I have followed the thread and even been a part of it and I dont agree that its an angry discussion at all. People bringing out some good points, at least imo.

What the prioritys are to one person is not the same for other ones, everyone want different things implemented in the game and even if I agree that this isnt anything that need to be made now now now now now its something to think about at least.

In the end its the devs that decide what to make and not to make in the game but at least users can say what they want and since they have started to hit down on posts that have a too much negativity and this thread is still alive, i think that the ones moderating the forum also agree that discussion is on a ok level :)

gcflora and ears1991 like this.
  2. Easy

Easy Racer

Kunos should raise the price for there DLC's. I sadly get it for € 5,99 even though I would love to pay the € 7,99 and even more. 14,99 or 19,99. Compared to Ircaing this is a joke! Look at t he Dorsch, it costs € 5 for just one Car...

This DLC is a nobrainer!

3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Pointless comment. Just buy more copies of it, gift it to people. Thanks for trashing thread.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. Easy

Easy Racer

:D:D:D Look at your last comments, everything you are saying all the time is, that everything is pointless or that someone missed the point. I don't want to read all your 2.375 posts but i guess they are pointless! :p:p

Sleeper Service likes this.
  5. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

aaaand added to ignore list :rolleyes:

SpriGgy and Easy like this.
  6. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Yeah, youre right about my silly comment, it was what I was thinking and automatically have written it down, then I was to quick with the post button. Thanks for the critic and reminding me that not everything needs to be posted. Silence is gold sometimes.
    All the best.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    SpriGgy, Vítor Sousa and ears1991 like this.
  7. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

So you wanna actually say, that MP is no big problem atm of AC? I would say MP is one of its biggest still and most likely will be for quite a while. And this here is one part of it and will get worse with every DLC.

JUST lol. Then go play iRacing if AC is too cheap for you. oO
    Most didnt got it for 5,99 but have to pay 7.99 and 9.99€ will be the normal price.

I have to agree, if you wanna pay more buy it as gifts and throw it around at community or your friends so far you have any, instead of writing such pointless comments.

8. Easy

Easy Racer

Uhhuhuuhuhuhhu ;);) Don't hate the player, hate the game! I have no clue what let you think that I want to play Iracing, I just wanted to say that we all should be very gratefull and at the same time ashamed for that price.

And to the people saying "gift the DLC to other players" I am not the welfare! But if someone deserve more for it's work, it is worth mentioning it! So STFU!

And honestly I thougt that only we germans love to get things for free and than copmplaining about it!

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

You say that you could've payed 19.99. You can buy 2 more copies and you have bought it for that price, you make both Kunos happy for more copies sold and 2 players that can use the DLC. But I guess its easy to just say "I WOULD BE HAPPY TO PAY MOAR!" but when you can pay more you dont.

Sorry for offtopic.

Vítor Sousa and SpriGgy like this.
  10. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

Why should i be ashamed? I grew with PC Games in a time before this DLC nonsense many Developers use. It was a time of full games with Addons to buy.
    I didnt Knew iracing would be now the reference for pricing model. But i hear in every second post from guys like you look how expensive iracing is compared. So what? I don't care about their prices, also you have the possibilities to get some of the Money back through racing. In iRacing you dont only pay for the Sim itself but for the whole Racing League Package.
    AC is a Racing Sim.
    iRacing is Simulating Real Life Racing Leagues with everything that you need for that. You Pay for the Servers, you pay the people in the support and you pay for them managing Racing Leagues you can drive on.
    In Other Sims the community has to do all this.
    Your Argument is like, if someone makes it Shooter cheaper than EA with its Battlefield Series and DLC aka Premium Membership, i feel like i rob them. oO

If you wanna pay more to Kunos, then stop buying their stuff on discounts or sales, or buy it 2 times and let it rot in your inventory. oO

p.s. This Discussion was never over the price. People like you will just never get it.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  11. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

It seems it's pointless...

This community likes to bash on all the critics...

I will do what I feel it's right, and show my opinion with my wallet. I won't support a business model that "forces" me to buy all content to be able to use what I already have.

It seems it's the only thing we can do.

12. michael_

michael_ Simracer

Wrong I do gte it. Although I to not gare why u r tpying in scret code?

Yes, it's as obvious as the solution. (I'll tell you what that is for £10 :D)

13. michael_

michael_ Simracer

I think there's an elephant my kitchen. But when I go to look it's empty.
    Grandpa says this is because "...you can't think things and make them true, sunshine"

If zero fragmentation is better why does minorating exist? Seems to me the vast majority of the MP community (which
    is small compared with the "whole community") want fragmentation in that sense. You're happy to exclude
    people from servers - you practically froth at the mouth about excluding them.

Besides, it's not possible to have zero fragmentation unless they either (A) stop DLC working in MP or (B) unless everyone buys the DLC or has
    it gifted to them.

Anything else, including what you are asking for here, doesn't give you zero fragmentation.
    You just conveniently ignore the fragmentation of your wish.

14. Easy

Easy Racer

So lets go:

Gift #1 [​IMG]

Gift #2 [​IMG]

And here they are:
    [​IMG]

:mad: If you cant see the pics, view the attachments!

Attached Files:

SpriGgy and kofotsjanne like this.
  15. Turk

Turk Alien

The only major problem I have with peoples feature suggestions, is saying adding them in would be easy because other developers have done it.

I do home improvement exhibitions from time to time and have people come up to me, spend thirty seconds looking at the product, then proceed to tell me how they would have done it a different way. Its as if we didn't already think of all these things in the weeks and weeks of meetings, development, testing trial and error and actual customer reactions.

unless your actually part of the development there's absolutely no way you can say what would be easy, possible or economical. If I had implemented half the suggestions I heard it would have put the cost through the roof and I'm sure those people would have been the first to turn around and say "that's way to expensive". These type of people are infuriating to deal with because they think they know more than the people that actually do all the work.

Suggestions are fine, but giving out because a feature you heard of somewhere else isn't in Ac is unfair. We cant expect them to instantly redesign their product on our whims.

AC has improved with every update IMO, I think the fact we continue to get updates is fantastic. I don't know any other industry where you keep getting a better product after you've paid your money.

Give kunos a break, we've gotten more than we were supposed to, and I'm more than happy to support them, and really look forward to what they'll bring in the future. To expect more for nothing is really unreasonable.

Michael Hornbuckle and liakjim like this.
  16. This is the kind of negativity that Javier was talking about. You could have responded in a more polite and respectful manner.

Javier Norambuena likes this.
  17. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

yes i could have but when people are coming in and dropping irrelevant comments after not reading the thread, maybe they dont deserve to be treated respectfully...

the only source of negativity is:
    -the fanboys posting gifs of beating a dead horse
    -people speculating that the feature is unfeasible to implement (where they are actually just being selfish and trying to dismiss this suggestion because if it were to be implemented it would take away dev time from implementing the feature that they personally want)
    -people not reading the thread and calling people cheapskates (even though they own all dlc)
    -people making irrelevant comments like they should raise the price of the dlc which has nothing to do with this discussion - its universally accepted that the dlc is too cheap.

SpriGgy, Vítor Sousa and kofotsjanne like this.
  18. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

Most of us dont say it should be implemented instantly and that it would be total easy. What we want is this feature in the future, as the problem gets worse with every DLC, especially if they put Cars of the same classes in different DLCs. It would be a whole different case if we would get a DTM DLCs here, a Le Mans DLC there etc.
    Also it would be nice to be able to buy the Tracks independly, but it doesnt have to be.

What we actually ask is, that Kunos things it over and give us an answer how they think about it and how much work it would take to implement.

The Reason i dont play much AC atm and havent bought the DLC is, because i am dissappointed by the MP and also i get extreme FPS Probs sometimes in MP caused by Graphic Memory Limitation most likely.

Even on BF4 i can often not use my whole DLC package i payed for because almost all interesting Servers are running Vanilla content. And i am really annoyed by that. Because i like to play it hardcore and more infrantry orientated Maps, as i cant fly with these jets. The worst control method for aircrafts i have ever seen. Also i am not 20 anymore, so my reaction speed and mouse Skills arent the best anymore, so i tend to play it more tactical now. Its only an example of the fragmentation but in this case there is no helping it. In AC this could be prevented.

ears1991 and kofotsjanne like this.
  19. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

I added Dauntless' excellent post in the OP so more people can see it.

SpriGgy, ears1991 and kofotsjanne like this.
  20. Turk

Turk Alien

You keep saying "we" as if there's a consensus on this when there isn't. I don't care if people that don't buy the dlc cant race against cars they don't own. Its never been an issue in the races I take part in. If the feature came in I wouldn't even notice.

That's never going to happen, why would any company start telling people outside the company the details of their operations? It just doesn't happen.

-

liakjim likes this.