1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Non dlc players playing with dlc players?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jynnantonix, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Great... "Clap, clap, clap..."

Sim racers. What a bunch of elitists...

nate likes this.
  2. Turk

Turk Alien

Why would it matter to me? How does me not caring about something that doesn't affect me make me an elitist?

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

well it does affect you even if you choose not to believe it (assuming you play public mp)

so you own ac+dlc1, say theres a server on spa with z4 gt3, mp4-12c gt3, nismo gtr gt3 and now thanks to dlc2 huracan gt3

what a pointless and unnecessary restriction to block you from joining.. ok no problem you go and find a server with vanilla + dlc1 content...
    e.g. spa with z4 gt3, mp4-12c gt3 and nismo gtr gt3 now, why shouldnt people who just owns the base game be allowed to join, and fill up your server, and give everyone a good race

instead we are left with lots of half filled servers even though there are plenty of compatible options in terms of servers hosting a track that everyone owns and cars of which at least 1 is owned by everyone

so pretty sure it does affect you and everyone unless you like racing with grids of 10 people

obviously this is somewhat theoretical and maybe only happens from time to time, but server admins hands are constantly forced because of this limitation, and the content sets used online are clearly influenced by it, just creating stupid restrictions and making the game less appealing to newcomers or casual players

situation is even worse during non peak hours when clearly people will be looking at the server browser for a race, but when they find one with a suitable ping, that is in qualifying on a track they own (already narrows down their choice a lot, particularly outside EU), now they are smacked in the face by this stupid block to stop them driving their own content just because there is 1 or more dlc cars on the server

jc1993, nate, Protoduct and 1 other person like this.
  4. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

LOL
    You would notice it when you play MP and have alot more servers to play on than before. But even then you wouldnt aknowledge it oO Maybe you only race offline anyways and just want to bash on the topic.

And it never happens? As far as i know this actually happens in Dirt Rally for example oO
    Also i dont see how this has anything to do with Company Details. I only see a lame search for excuses.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  5. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

It's pointless. It's like beating on a dead horse. This isn't an issue for most people as it seems.

Let's stop asking for improvements on a needed feature. And wait for this to be the same when console launches, and see the hate the players will throw at that time. Because yes, there will be a lot of noise when this happens on a console. That's for sure.

But it's a non issue. Let's stop annoying "True breed sim racers" now.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  6. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Just in case you missed this from the other "closed" thread....

"Assetto Corsa just did literally what the DLC is suppossed to do.

Downloadable Content: Only if you buy it you can download it. Which also means that only if you download it you can use it.

That other game makers made of a DLC (Downloadable content) content which you can activate by purchasing it but is already in your game, is something different. There's nothing wrong in the way AC did it, you might just be used to other things which does not mean those are better or whatever."

Quoted from an AC staff member (Kevin Maatman) who, I imagine, has a good line on company policy and has told you all what the score is.

Let it drop for gawds sake :rolleyes:

7. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

there is something wrong with how AC did it for the reasons stated in my last post and throughout this thread....

taking the term DLC literally is just ridiculous, the end result is all that matters

no idea why people like you feel the need to try and speak on kunos behalf.

btw:

4. Derailing a discussion
    Don't join a disussion if you don't like it or doesn't interest you.
    Derailing a thread or posting off-topic contents will result in a warning or a ban.

kofotsjanne and SpriGgy like this.
  8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

This is your opinion and also some others. Not "this thread". Not global.

Marco and Stefano are very intelligent individuals. Just trust them. This game feeds them. I am sure they want far more from us for this game to be a success.

P.S. I think Stefano said in his streams that technically it's very tricky to do this and so is spectators. Maybe I am wrong.

9. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

they rly are the elitist in derailing topics.

How often until you get it. We dont want to use DLCs we didnt buy, we only want DLC Users and non DLC Users can participate on the same servers as long as they have the needed Track and one of the Cars that are allowed. For Gods sake.
    Posting a quote that may not even be a reply to the actual problematic and without thinking about what are the Problems and advantages, is pointless. We all know that AC screwed up MP badly in the beginning and it still is nowhere were it could be. The reason is they dont have much experience in it and they also might not have thought through how their planned DLC politics will affect MP and the long life potential of AC.

And how will you know how much percent of all AC players think about it? You are also guessing here. All we know is that it would benefit the MP of AC. Everything else is pure speculation.

If they said soemthing like this in a stream, then they could also say it in the boards. Not many can watch all their long Streams.

kofotsjanne and ears1991 like this.
  10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont think that only people agree are supposed to join the discussion but when they have an opinion its much more interesting if they actually share why they think its a bad idea and not just the same ol' same ol' "it only cost a pizza/beer/bag of chips" or whatever. Dauntless did a great post and it would be interesting if these that think this is a stupid idea would answer every one of those points he did.

I didnt agree to every point he did, one if them is the one with AI having DLC cars in offline but all in all he pretty much said what I wanted to say if my english werent so terrible.

gcflora and ears1991 like this.
  11. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

Dummy car with DLC stickers could work and, for DLC track only credit card could help.

ears1991 likes this.
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

yep i also kind of remember that he said it wasnt easy to implement, but in a thread that handled this before. My memory is pretty bad though so it might have been in a stream. This is at least something that wouldnt hurt the game (i add imo) and would make it easier to find servers to race on. I agree with what you type in the middle of the post, they are and this is their livelihood so they want the best for AC, maybe even more than us. But this is at least according to me a pretty important thing for AC as one of the players and its impossible for me to talk fron a devs standpoint.

ears1991 likes this.
  13. P*Funk

P*Funk Racer

Yes, being totally ego centric in assessing the issue will make it very easy for you to ignore its effects. However if you use some basic logic you could actually see that you will never see the problem from your personal perspective if you own the DLC, not to mention whatever damage it may do to the community (which will get worse as more DLC arrives over time) will also be invisible.

There's a reason RaceRoom has DLC packages that are thematic. These sampler DLCs are the absolute worse variety for them to be releasing under this system.

14. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

This exacctly. And this might be the reason why Devs don't want to speak about this. They decided the way they would "force"people to buy their DLC's, is by offering varied packs and force people to buy them to join online. It seems this is their business plan. For me it's a bad one. One I won't support.

But if people wnat it like this... Well so be it. Remember when MP is a ghost town that some people tried to avoid some of that by rasing this issue.

CheeseDanish, P*Funk and SpriGgy like this.
  15. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Pure Gold....

I'm not speaking on the behalf of Kunos, Kevin did that quite succinctly in the closed thread, which is the likely outcome for this thread. I'm expressing my opinion on the subject of the thread. The fact that it mirrors the sentiments of the developers is purely coincidental. I'm old enough to have my own opinions and wise enough to be able to discuss them without trying to dictate my point of view.

I'm not derailing any thread. If you think that people should only contribute to a thread if they are going to agree with a few misguided individuals then you are truly living in a dream-world, imagine if your "rules" were in place in the Houses of Parliament. Where would we end up then :eek:. The thread title is a question (denoted by a question mark at the end of the title). Questions normally result in a discussion about the pro's and cons, the rights and wrongs etc.. etc.. of a subject which is what's been going on. I do like the discussion and it does interest me, I haven't posted anything off topic and the only thing that's going to get me a warning or a ban is the fact that my interest and like of the subject is now purely based around winding you guys up. One thread has been closed already, the answer to the whole dlc playing with non dlc has been answered by a representative of the company, this thread has been taken over by folks who didn't get to hear what they wanted to hear in that thread. Keep it coming matey, I'm lovin it. It's way more entertaining than getting punted off at T1 Lap1 on most occasions when I do go on-line :D

:rolleyes:

16. P*Funk

P*Funk Racer

Even if it weren't to have a drastic effect on MP I would still object to it on general principle. Be it deliberate cynical strategy on their part or merely a byproduct of a design decision its still fundamentally anti-consumer in its result.

However I've found that many gamers are acutely anti-consumer in their pretensions and only become agitated towards defending either their rights or their self interest when their kickstarter perks don't arrive on time in the mail.

17. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

that last post wasnt your opinion it was just you being a smart *** quoting a moderators post and implying that the thread should be closed. thats contributing 0 to the discussion... its not your job to decide when a thread is ready to be closed just because you disagree with the majority of the discussion thats taking place. it doesnt matter if its been responded to by the devs already several months ago, we can still discuss it and why its an issue. stefano at least read some of this thread the other day so the fact that one thread has been closed already is irrelevant. apply for moderator powers if you want to go around closing threads

and you didnt even reply to the actual part of the conversation in this message so that shows even more you are not interested in discussing... making this post another derailment...

Vítor Sousa and kofotsjanne like this.
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Well, to not derailing a thread is to discuss it in a good manner but just bringing up how much it cost etc, which none of us that think is a factor and we think it is indeed cheap, have brought up, that can be seen as derailing or even trolling for that part.
    But I dont think ive seen you given any really good points why you dont think that people without a specific dlc arent supposed to drive with people that have. I asked if someone could answer the points with their opinion about the things that dauntless brought up, become the first one, please? Its in the first post so you dont even need to read all the pages.

edited my post since it didnt make any sense at first

19. You forgot one really big source of negativity:

Sleeper Service likes this.
  20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

He have himself said that they pretty much take patch for patch, or how it was. So no plans atm can change until the next patch. I think this will be a bigger issue the older AC be, but hey! we'll see that in a couple of extra dlc's.

brake glow wasnt in the plans from even the first streams if i remember correctly, now it is even in the game.

SpriGgy, Vítor Sousa and ears1991 like this.