1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Non dlc players playing with dlc players?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jynnantonix, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

ahh thats cool. is the DRM check not an issue then? I would be interested if you can try your method on a DLC2 server on a vanilla track (that obviously has at least one car you do own)

obviously youd need to create dummy cars for all of the DLC cars on that server, but should just be some copy pasting and renaming right?

if it failsm presumably its doing the DRM check (not data.acd check) on all cars rather than just the one you selected (seems likely), surely all that would need to be changed in AC is just the DRM check to only be performed on the car you are driving

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  2. just an head up, this has been going for 13 (useless) pages. I'll allow 2 more pages of internet bandwidth waste before locking this one.. so do your worst while you have time :p

PS. There is no technical problem to have DLC as they are.. they are as they are because that's how we think they should be... so your entire discussion about the technical way to do it is basically nonsensical.

3. dauntless

dauntless Alien

I don't think you should be explaining anything since all the things you "explained" are factually wrong.

Some physics files and values ARE NEEDED.

Making dummy car increases the work load and makes ac look unprofessional since you would be driving against cubes instead of cars.

What you don't seem to understand is that making a system which uses dummy cars actually takes more work than using the existing 3d models and files.

If someone wants to download pirated dlc this system would not make it any easier or harder to pirate the content.

ears1991 likes this.
  4. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Do you think you will sell more or less dlc with this kind of 2005 console era dlc business model?

I think I'm done then. You can make the horse come to the water but you can't make it drink.

5. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

May we have a reason why you think this is the best way? Because i can't see one unless you think that will somehow sell you more copies... It might in the short term, but in the long run it has the potential to kill online altogether.

6. baboon

baboon Alien

As much as I don't like Kunos' decision, I didn't expect anything else. I asked before: where do you think lies the value for the company to do it? I still have no good answer.

7. nope you can't. If you are interested in acquiring shares of Kunos Simulazioni let us know and we will consider your application.

8. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

also genuinely interested in the reasoning but of course they dont have to justify themselves, so woudlnt expect, or be disappointed if they dont answer. edit: ok ninjad

there are plenty throughout the thread, the general consensus is that mp is less likely to thrive if there is fragmentation and the already small community is split into tens of groups of people who can only play with eachother. issue should become more obvious with each new dlc.

9. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

My last post here since I have no desire to change your view but out of curiosity: what physics files are needed for a car that you can only see but can not use?

10. baboon

baboon Alien

That's only the value for us online drivers, which is obvious. But Kunos is a business in the first place. Even customer service needs a return on investment.

11. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

You know, it feels like you think we're the enemy here, and not the people who actually bought and thoroughly liked your game.

Even from a business standpoint i can't see it as anything but a bad decision.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    ramon31, Vítor Sousa and SpriGgy like this.
  12. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

oh yeah fair point, i omitted my assumption that theyd like the game they slaved blood sweat and tears over to be successful online. so youre right in that maybe theres no obvious financial value to them, but the fact that they are annoying hardcore players like dauntless into not buying any more dlc with this system, and will annoy casual players when they buy the game and find they cant find a populated server without buying 5 dlcs later down the line (thankfully steam refund system will probably help them out if they realise early enough) surely raises the question maybe this system isnt the best strategy in terms of sales/public opinion of the game

but im just the stupid consumer i never made/sold a game so what do i know :) they are obviously very happy with the success theyve had so not surprised they dont want to change anything

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  13. baboon

baboon Alien

One could also assume that a big enough part of the potentially annoyed players will just buy the DLCs anyway and more than compensate for the loss of the few annoyed, who won't buy anything again from Kunos.

Which one is true, I have no clue.

SpriGgy likes this.
  14. I like and support Napoli football team.. if I was in Napoli I would be sitting on the stadium for every match wearing blue colours. That doesn't mean I will be sending email to the president of Napoli expecting an explanation on why some player was bought or sold.. nor I would be expecting an explanation from the manager why he made a change or why he is using a certain tactic. And I am sure they would react pissed as me if I did.
    Nor I've seen other racing games explaining their marketing strategies to users in forums.

I think you've made your point plenty clear for 13 pages.. no need to reiterate mindlessly.
    So no, you're not the enemy until you cross the boundaries and you start becoming molest.

15. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

I am really dissappointed. We totally get threated as annoyance here even by the Staff.
    So unfriendly reaction i would have expected from SMS but not from Kunos. Not even thinking about saving MP for the future. Its a shame.

And the only ones who pulled down the tone of this whole thread and rerailed the discussion into personal affairs where "the follower group" without bringing any own arguments.

P.s. i dont think this was a valid example but i also think there would be enough fans who would try that.

p.p.s.2 A friendly answer without hostility would have been enough. This is no way to threat your fans and customers.

Vítor Sousa and Sakai like this.
  16. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

Yeah, i don't really get all the hostility.

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  17. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Ok. Good to know.

Now I can save my money for other stuff...

18. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ah cmon guys, not again. There is no hostility or threatening. In fact this is developer bullying.
    Stefano is slowly increasing the clarity of the underlying message for months now, up until to a point where everybody might realise that it is their business decision, not the customer's.

Of course you may bring suggestions (they do influence Kunos as they might bring new arguments and perspectives) and even negative critismn. But we can't expect nor demand that Kunos decides upon our personal preference, regardless how good you think your points are. Even if a decision might be extremly stupid, it's theirs.

In this particular discussion I'm not sure how everybody is confident to know enough about the situation to evaluate a suggestion. Did anybody bring in the numbers of how many active customers don't own a DP1 by now? That multiplied by the "uses multiplayer at all" factor is the best-case-estimation of additional revenues. They should be higher than the implementation effort and the opportunity cost (what product improvement / customer satisfaction can't be done in that time). It might be right or wrong, but somehow Kunos might have a better calculation base than us.

Edit: wording your->our

19. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

Because this issue is not new. It's been around for years and years, and i have yet to see an argument for why fragmentating your community is a good thing. From any point of view, business or not. General consensus (that i'm aware of at least) is that it's a bad thing and should be avoided. That's why i'm interested in Kunos's reasoning behind it.

CheeseDanish, dauntless and ears1991 like this.
  20. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

I just know i wont own DP 2 anytime soon. So set me on the list.

And we are bullying the developer. OK Nice try. If you havent seen it, there were only 2 reactions from dev.
    1. 2 words when the thread didnt even started to discuss it.
    2. Hostility and Threatening after 13 Pages.

Because of Devs or Mods acting like this i and many other left pCars behind as backers. We thought Kunos knew what they had on its community.

CheeseDanish and Sakai like this.