1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Non dlc players playing with dlc players?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jynnantonix, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

arent you clever! hope you enjoy the "likes" you will get for your genius wit.

would reply with why that quote is not the be all end all, but obviously you arent interested in actually discussing the topic. time to go on that list with blame and co.

nate, Vítor Sousa and kofotsjanne like this.
  2. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

You win... I give up. You've had the answer to the question from the horses mouth, you continue to flog that horse.

I'm not suggesting that the mods close the thread in the slightest. Like I said, it's providing me with some smiles after a long day flogging a dead horse at work. I'll bow out so that you can continue flogging yours for as long as you want. Have fun, hope you get what you wish for. At least you've contributed for the DLC so the likelihood of it happening is improved.

Ciao

Edit: Btw, I've just given Mr. Hornbuckle a like to get the ball rolling... 1st one I've ever given him too ;)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    ears1991 likes this.
  3. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

Good thing your gone. All you ever did was forcing your opinion on others, beeing offtopic for the most part, like your last posts and never really contributed to discussion. Only quoting an old outdated statement issnt discussing.
    You never shown any real arguments instead all you wrote were hidden insults and sarcasm.

But i still dont agree with kofotsjanne that it might be an easy feat. The Game itself developed alot further than the last time it was discussed and the bigger the game gets and the more content it has, also the code gets bigger. It will be needed even more then but on the other hand also be harder to realise.
    We still down know how many Lines of Code they would need to change also they would need to locate the what needs to be changed to get it to work. They would need to change how gets downloaded and patched for which group. They would need to recode a good amount of the MP Module.
    And as the game has no real Class grouping but only a Tag system, this doesnt make it any better. They should work on it when they further develop the MP system anyways and yeah it may get a big problem on consoles anyways, as they have gotten used to casual playing together now even more than PC Users do. I dont even think that consoles and PC can drive against each other in the future, as only very few games allow this.

4. I love circles. You can start from anywhere, and eventually you will get back to your starting position. Then you can do it all over again.....and again....and again....

Sleeper Service likes this.
  5. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

works with such offtopic posts as well. Everyone of them is a circle in itself.

6. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Yeah, it is not a magical solution that creates itself. It does take some effort.

No they would not.

I have actually a working proof of concept made out of formula_k... Took me a whole one hour to make and that's because I made my own 3d model... What it does:
    - allows you to join to server which has dlc content (no checksum error). For example server has monza+z4_gt3+nissan_gt3. You can join using the z4_gt3 while having formula_k based nissan_gt3.
    - doesn't allow you to drive the car online (you get checksum error when trying to join)
    - you can drive the car offline but it has formula_k physics and no sounds
    - collider.kn5 is from my jaguar but collisions seemed kinda fine-ish after quick checking.
    - proof of concept is based on ks_gtr_gt3. Doesn't use one single file from the dlc car.
    - it looks super sexy:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    donShere, Minolin, ears1991 and 3 others like this.
  7. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

means it doesnt have much protection against missuse as well on the other hand. that would need to be implemented ^^

8. dauntless

dauntless Alien

What misuse???

9. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

trying to drive online with them without buying for the dlc.

10. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

Since other games do it perfectly fine, i doubt you have to worry about that.

ears1991 likes this.
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't get to play AC half as much as I'd like to. When I get the time to play, it is mostly off line, basically practicing. Because my time on AC is so precious, when I do go online, I do organised races through racedepartment. I rarely just jump into an online race. As such doing a race on racedepartment feels like an event to me, I practice in the days running up and enjoy the tension of taking place in a race against real people. I admit I'm not the atypical average player, but neither is the guy playing 3 hours a day, mostly online. Most people are somewhere in the middle.

I think thematic DLC would be a great idea, I've said as much in the past, but I appreciate that could come with it's own licensing problems, I could also see that it might be more of a niche market. The first few DLC have had something for everybody. I don't mind that. I like the variety. It's a case of "You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time".

AC hasn't really been out all that long, there's only been two DLC. I just don't see why people get so upset over these relatively minor issues. Make suggestions sure, most of these ideas are good, I'd love to see them all implemented, I just don't expect it to happen any time soon. But who knows what the future holds.

12. dauntless

dauntless Alien

You can't drive it online.... you wont get through the checksum test... sigh... even if you tried to drive it it has formula_k physics...

13. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

if you get original files you get through.
    it was even possible to race with a illegal pcars online as far as i heard.

14. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Sorry ears... brief return as the delectable Mr. SpriGgy obviously thinks it's OK to hand out backhanded insults when he thinks I've departed from the thread and accuse me of doing stuff I haven't. Look dude, I may have quoted a months old post, Mr. Hornbuckle quoted the 2nd post in this thread. AC have no plans, as of yet, to allow non dlc owners to use the dlc. Keep flogging, ignored and I'll think on reporting that post.

@Christopher Low Yep, should have jumped off the merry go round a while back. I'm a fool to myself. It's been "fun" though.

15. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Yeah, if you get original files... what's your point exactly?

16. dauntless

dauntless Alien

17. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

@Turk so why even comment on the issue if you dont even play public mp where this limitation is actually an issue. thats like me saying AI is fine as is, and shouldnt be improved any more just because I only play MP.

@dauntless interesting, you tested this on an actual MP server? i thought the client checked the data.acd of all cars vs the server (not just the one you selected to drive)? the server has to have the actual gtr_gt3 data.acd, so when it checks your client with the formula k one, surely it fails? if thats not the case, then perhaps this is indeed even easier to implement than initially thought. one thing perhaps you havent considered, im pretty sure when you join a server with the dlc, some kind of drm check is done (i think you can see it in log.txt for each dlc car). so the main thing that could require some code change would be adusting the license check to cater for this system

SpriGgy likes this.
  18. P*Funk

P*Funk Racer

I don't suppose you will ever understand then. This is something that based on how the current system works will get worse as time goes on with more DLC. I also object to it on general principle.

Vítor Sousa and ears1991 like this.
  19. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Yeah I tested it quickly. I changed my gtr_gt3 (I have the first dlc) to formula_k with essentially just the same name as the gtr_gt3. Then I joined on gt3 server wher I drove the mclaren myself and there was someone else driving the gtr_gt3. Collisions worked, no errors or stutters, no issues I noticed. No problems as far as I could see. The server had the checksum system running. It works like I've said it works for long time already.

No, only the car you are driving yourself is tested. The other cars don't need data.acd, just the edited formula_k data folder is enough.

You can't join the server by using dlc car yourself that is based on formula_k if the server has checksum system working. You will be blocked and kicked out by the checksum test. If the server is not running checksum system then you will get in but you are driving a car with formula_k physics.

Vítor Sousa and ears1991 like this.
  20. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

Someone here do not understand concept of dummy car, it could be me so I`ll explain.

This car do not have physics, you can not use it online nor offline.
    It is just place holder for content that user do not have.
    Only data, that is needed for that place holder, is dimensions of car that it replaces (collisions) ... nothing more, nothing less.
    After all, when you are online, your game do not use physics for other cars - only coordinates, shape and sounds.

Having locked content opens the door for exploit so it is perfectly understandable devs wishes not to make job easier for those who do not respect their work by unlocking content without paying.