1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ok what DONT we like with AC (constructive criticism only )

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Dec 19, 2013.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

OKay dont know how this will pan out but first.

NO abuse NO spamming NO real life track experience required.. and NO ball games.

Trying to help the devs make a better game. What features do you think could be improved/tweaked already in game.

NOT A WISHLIST. PLEASE BE CONSTRUCTIVE. Please keep specific handling and physics talk out of here please.

-GFX benchmark test, with grid when AI applied
    -View cars by power/performance
    -View tracks by length
    -Would like photo button in replay mode.
    -Change time of day whilst on track
    -Change livery whilst on track
    -Headlight symbol on/off (electronics app?!)
    -Ability to pause game and still have access to apps and changing them.
    -Graphics options available in game
    -Hideable Buttons in showroom mode for lights, wings, doors etc.
    -Track list can be made less space consuming, meaning less pages to turn. (Maybe just names)
    -steering lock within car setup?!

FORUM
    -Link to Facebook twitter and main website.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    panosdimp, TCLF, tombax338 and 4 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Hi all, suddenly the pitch adjustment in the view app dont work anymore. I heard this is due to Real Aug 13, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Spectators on track dont use umbrellas or raincoats Dec 28, 2021
    ACC Gameplay cars dont shift down correctly in automatic transmission Jan 6, 2021
    XBox One Discussions GT4 Pack dont get Sep 22, 2020
    Console Lounge After patch version 1.5.4 No longer able to delete wheel profiles and new button mappings dont save Sep 4, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions SETUP - Why dont you include DUAL display configuration Aug 26, 2020
    ACC General Discussions i dont have permission to comment in acc multiplayer Dec 18, 2019
    ACC User Interface Free camera dont work(F7) Nov 7, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Pimax 5k Plus dont work in ACC ??? Aug 19, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds acc troublesshooting acc dont launcg Jun 13, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AI Cars dont move at the start May 6, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Track objects (Cones,sponsors plates) dont have collision with car sometimes? Feb 14, 2019
    ACC Audio Marbles dont have sound Nov 10, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game dont start after "start engine" Oct 25, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality So you dont want SteamVR to start Oct 13, 2018

3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

• Per-car FFB gain
    • Remember what apps are displayed by car/camera view/game mode/replay
    • Slider between lock camera to horizon and lock camera to car

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Photo button in replay mode is definitely a must.

Also:

- A configurable button on wheel for example to cicle through different apps;
    - Speed limiter button;
    - With such beautiful replays, we need an easy way to manage it, using cursor keys to FF/FRW/SLOW replay for example (just like in rFactor), because allways needing to call the bottom replay menu with mouse is a bit boring;

Snarffu, dkwuan, tombax338 and 2 others like this.
  5. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

What do you mean by 1st? You can press F12 for Steam screenshot.

You can change daylight by enabling dev apps and using Photo mode app, changing "Zenith".

6. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

but in replay mode would be nice to have the AC watermark. Didnt know about the app one.

7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

No watermark please, it ruins the screenshots, it's one reason i don't have a desktop wallpaper of AC... :)

dkwuan and (deleted member) like this.
  8. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

maybe an option to disable/enable water mark :)

Rui Santos likes this.
  9. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

Err that already exists too, under apps "AC Logo" ;)

marlo0081 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. SatanTwister

SatanTwister Gamer

Selecting car and track is unnecessarily slow and can feel uninformative since it always puts you into track selection afterwards and you can get a feeling no track is selected.

11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

satan totally agree!! it does feel exactly how you describe

12. Horus

Horus Alien

It would be helpful to be able to move apps to a second screen. Change steering ratio per car, buttons that change allocation when a different button is pressed in settings, mouse FOV/seat position manipulation, full set of keyboard replay shortcuts (agree with Santos), in game administration commands (when MP come out), race broadcast with full camera control like a real TV broadcast and the ability to commentate, server uploads cars/tracks/mods to joining client, a Pear tree with a Partridge in it. :)

13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Maybe steering lock within car setup?!

Kristaps and JocoG like this.
  14. SatanTwister

SatanTwister Gamer

I think this could be easily fixed with going to track selection only once when AC launcher has started if simulation has been run once it should go to summary always.

Although if you want to change car and track this would also be awkward. Probably just need to make the summary visible always somehow.

Knight likes this.
  15. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

No kitchen sink? :D

TrenchcoatNinja and Horus like this.
  16. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

-View cars by power/performance
    -View tracks by length

17. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Changing apps with the steering wheel for me would be awesome. This will be especially useful when racing. Other than that I'm not too worried by any of the UI things as for me they are pretty minor.

Thomas Cameron likes this.
  18. Horus

Horus Alien

My Misses said it's not the length that matters, it's what you do on the journey. ;)

19. endgame

endgame Racer

Lack of control options for cars (ignition/starter/limiter/ proper headlights for flashing etc) and player (mapping HUD toggle and driver position to buttons or keys)

UI is a little slow

Car setup screen isn't the greatest, needs torque/power curves for gear ratios, draggable sliders etc

Paris, Anuj, Kristaps and 4 others like this.
  20. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

My GTX 760 decided to not work any more last night so I have now had to put my 460's in SLI back in. I immediately noticed a huge frame rate drop (probably due to a half size frame buffer) so, I immediately started fiddling to get a good performance balance and settled with medium overall from high and the same for textures.

The dials on the cockpit are now very blurred and unreadable. So, I would like to see an option for Hi-Res interiors with separate controls for the outside environment. This won't be a particular problem for me once my 760 is replaced but, for some people who are further down the hardware performance scale this might be beneficial in the long term.

Also LOOK BACK would be nice. I'm so used to having it other sims I miss it in AC. I know I don't need it right now as there is no one to look back at, but I always press the look back button when exiting a bend as a habit thing.

21. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

relapse im also in that habit of looking back, but suppose irl we dont get that veiw lol