1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ok what DONT we like with AC (constructive criticism only )

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Horus

Horus Alien

The tachometer should read the distance travelled in that car. It matters so much, like having good looking trees. The dials should move, and the idea you get it with zero miles/kilometers kind of makes it more yours, a new car feel as such. :)

Simos, bikkits, nanotech and 4 others like this.
  2. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

Not without visiting the other side of a hedge usually :)

3. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

+1

And FFB setup in garage, like in nKpro.

Felice Pugliese likes this.
  4. GianL

GianL Rookie

maybe it's just my rig, but transition from "normal" physics to low speed physics: I know we should always drive 5+ km/h but at least once per session _i.e. when moving from a stop in pit lane_ you'll experience this shift and you can clearly spot when it's happening; maybe it's just automatic clutch doing something odd but I would like the experience to be more continuos and, as a consequence, immersive.

5. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I would like the damage indicator re worked its not that informative tbh atm..

6. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

-Dashboard cam view (like hood but behind screen on dash in front of driver)
    -All that was great about NKPro but better in AC

7. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Or F8 in-game

8. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

I asked about this and they said moving apps to a second screen is not possible and isn't something they are looking into. It's to do with the rendering viewport.

9. Horus

Horus Alien

:( Maybe some kind gent will create a second monitor app for showing apps. LOL

TheDyingScotsman likes this.
  10. 3igen

3igen Gamer

I would like a table ranking fastest personal times with each car on a specific track. Would be nice to see in one place and would show, which car/track combo still needs to be worked on etc.

11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

also maybe show what tires that you run with the time..

12. I think switching gears is too easy. Is the need to blip the throttle reduced for the sim compared to real life? And clutch seems unneeded even in synchromesh cars.

13. Horus

Horus Alien

This has already been mentioned by a dev, if you fail to use a full h shifter (in a h shifter car) or not use a clutch you incur a time penalty compared to someone using the right shifter/gear change for that car.

14. I use H shifter and no aids, but it is too easy to change gears.

15. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

Blipping the throttle is only usually required for vehicles that have no synchro mesh. The engine needs to be at a certain speed in order for the gear to engage. Most modern racing cars and certainly all road cars do have a synchro mesh or a double clutch system that negates the need to blip. I think the Lotus single seater is possibly the only car so far that would require a blip.

I may be wrong so I'll get the fire extinguisher ready for the flaming.

16. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

Ok, good thread - I like AC too much but I'm going to say what I don't like at current stage.

A race weekend, practice session or even a track day, they're not made only by track action. Actually, in real life drivers spent much more time out of the car than in the car. So, what I think AC interface should be after the track & car load screen is the following:

1. Devs, don't drop the car in the middle of the pit-lane or in the middle of the track after load screen lol! Please park the car correctly at its box position, boxes are already modeled after all.

2. Please don't give us that automatic car's cycle-view camera as Gran Turismo or other arcade titles. After the load screen just put us directly in the driver's POV cockpit or in the team boxes if you want. A interesting idea would be a free movement in the boxes (as END key in Rfactor does). So you could view your car from any point of view you want when you're not running in the track. And what if the tyres had visual wear? You could check it visually. That'd be nice, wouldn't?

3. Transparent menus are a good idea except for car setup in my opinion. There's no need to see your car spinning when you're tweaking your car setup. I'd prefer to cut the scene for a full car setup screen, with more options for suspension (example) in the same screen without sub-menus, big gear ratios graphics and etc. After prepare and save your setup then you cut to the box scene again.

In other words, let the players interact with the boxes and the out-of-track life a bit more in the name of game immersion. If I remember well, NKP let you to get a track walking, you might lose time in boxes waiting your team repair the damaged car (can even lose a session if you destroy it). GTR2 and Rfactor has a cool track monitor where you can see the race action from the boxes and multiplayer or AIs real time table. LFS has a dynamic check for your car setup (you can "drop" your car to check the ride height, suspension hardness). A mix within the best aspects from each Sim would be nice.

dkwuan, Brainspiller, PiezSim and 5 others like this.
  17. Spinelli

Spinelli Simracer

- Overall better "no compromise" physics (regardless of FFB or how things "feel").

Won't get into specifics though as you said keep specific car handling and physics talk out of here (when you say "physics" i'm assuming you mean car physics).

2. Sound engine, sound engine, sound engine, sound engine, sound engine

3. Sound Engine, Sound Engine, Sound Engine

4. The motor sounds being based off physics instead of recorded sound samples, like in Richard Burns Rally and I think up to v1.03 of Netkar Pro. This, like ever more complex and dynamic physics modelling, takes a lot of processing power, but I bet modern day sims arent even close tk taking advantage of a 4 core 3.4 ghz intel processor, let alone a 4 core with hyperthreading (8 threads), or a 6 core with hyperthreading (12 threads), or next year with Haswell-e 8 cores with hyperthreading (16 threads). There is so much room to just go so much crazier with the technical stuff, rather than worrying about "video game" "feel good" "cool" "please the masses" things like nicer shaders and photo modes

5. Rubber build-up, marbles offline, different tyres affecting the rubber build-up and marbles in different ways.

6. Air density, humidity, temp, track temp, elevation etc. affecting physics (I think some of these already are included like air and track temp).

7. Rain, drying line, different spots of the track drying differently depending on if it is currently under shade or not, different spots of the tradk taking longer to dry if it is in a really moist area of the track where the water tends to "hang around in the air" a lot more, Eg. In-between the trees down the old Hockenheim straights that used to take so much longer to dry than other more open parts of the track.

8. 24 hour lighting, which is affected not only in physics, but graphics, depending on where on the planet the track is located.

9. The season/time of year slightly affects lighting/graphics, where the sun is (shadows), weather patterns and chances/intensity/duration of rain (combination of season and tracks's geographical location) etc.

Basically an "alive" global system where the drying line, rubber build-up, air density, geographical location of the track, weather, puddles, different areas of the track, type of tyres, etc. are all connected in one dynamic and alive world.

9. SOUND ENGINE, SOUND ENGINE, SOUND ENGINE :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  18. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

The blip is not needed to engage a lower gear when using the clutch, but rather to make sure the wheels are turning fast enough so you don't lose traction when releasing the clutch. If the revs are too low when you release the clutch the engine brake effect will slow the drive wheels and they will act like they are braking thus you lose the rear end (in RWD cars).

monsterZERO, Kristaps and RelapseUK like this.
  19. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Please keep this thread free from wanted additions... Its aimed at elements already in the game, which you could tweak or change.

PLease guys not a wish list.

Patrik Marek and RelapseUK like this.
  20. yes I meant that the rears don't seem to lock as fast when downshifting = blip is not as important as my impression is in real life.

also it seems clutch is needed for any car but you can't drive a synchromesh gearbox properly without a clutch in real life. It is technically possible but not practical.