1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Perspective from a 51 year old Gamer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Speed Demon, Jan 23, 2016.

1. @Speed deamon, very Nice post !
    51 Years old here and always lot of pleasure when setting behind my virtual wheel on this fantastic race sim.
    My first sim racing experience was with another masterpiece, a revolution in this domain : Grand Prix Legend !
    So, now, I take pleasure until the release of an official historic mode.
    Cu on track

SirJack and ekosan like this.
  2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

If you are vulnerable to motion sickness or not has nothing to do with how old you are. I know young guys who suffer from it and then there is my 84 year old grandma who tried my new Oculus Gear VR and was totally amazed when she suddenly was under the water and could swim with dolphins in a 360 degree virtual sea or stood on stage with the artists of Cirque du soleil...:);)

3. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

4. I'm 38 and I have pretty much the same experience, having grown up with the Amiga 500 with plenty of racing games, then Nascar racing, even playing via modem with some friends, learned networking because I wanted to play quake with my friends on a Lan party kind of gathering with the Bnc cable.
    Lucky enough to get a wheel by the time of Sports Car GT and also gran turismo 2 with controller age and all the good psx racing titles. Started the real online experience with netkar pro, thought did a few online racing with lfs.
    Is like the OP says, it generates memories.
    Cheers to Assetto Corsa memories!

Sent using Tapatalk

Vel likes this.
  5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Excellent Post @Speed Demon!

I'm now 54 and still kickin' the virtual tires daily. I started out as many others here; been crazy about cars since I was just a young boy and even crazier about gaming when I acquired my first PC in the early 90's. Any title that included racing got my attention, then flight sims and FPS games too. These days, it's almost completely about racing and having such gear available to experience virtual racing in the comfort of our own homes leaves me feeling like I need to pinch myself to be sure I'm not just dreaming!

I know VR will take my racing experience to new levels and I've already had many great experiences using the DK2 but, I've yet to put it all together with my current race rig and I'm waiting on the consumer HMD's to arrive to have that experience at a whole new level. AC is and will remain a huge part of that experience. Thank You Kunos!

6. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

I used to think I was the oldest guy to still be sim racing. I'm rather young in this crowd though:D. 54.:rolleyes:

7. Sorry but 54 is not old enough, I've a friend who just turned 79 and still races GPL

Sent using Tapatalk

8. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

greast post by the op, allways look back on them as the best days as mosts folks do looking back to their younger days, still fire up games through dos box emulator, load up crammonds gp2 and can sit back and watch the ai race, too me was best ai in a racing sim ever

9. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

You made me remember that times when...
    LOAD "*",8,1
    Geoff Crammond's masterpieces...

config.sys autoexec.bat
    setblaster... dos=high... keyb it...
    Trying to gain a few bites for being able to play

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

49 years. Have been passionate over several sims and genres in the past 30 years, starting with combat flight sims (Falcon series), then civilian flight sims, then submarines (DW, SH3) and general military strategy simulators (Harpoon and the likes), tank sim (SBP), Bethesda-style open world sandbox RPGs since Oblivion, then came The Hunter, and finally ending up with a passion for driving sims that now is burning stronger than ever before - the trigger event was AC tech demo.

The only thing I constantly played during all those years without having "phases", was chess.

I now approach the 700 hours marker for AC, and 180 hours for Raceroom. This is because Raceroom found me much later than AC. I play both at equal time shares today. Thank you, Kunos team, for lighting up the gamer's fire once again inside me!

P.S. I forgot,. during university days, there was Speedball 2. We spend nights and nights with learning the more subtle nuances of polite social interaction in that one. LOL

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  11. 37 here. Oh yeah,I bought EuroFighter 2000 back in the days too ! Loved it ;) Geoff Crammonds GP2 is the race game I played most back then, with a flight sim joystick so I had analog inputs :) Haha, I remember it wasn't easy to drive on the outsides of the track :) Those were great days ! Oow and the indycar game from papyrus !

MJ911 likes this.
  12. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I used to dominate (on a couple tracks) in Motor City Online using a joystick... thought I was the only one. :D

cerebralvortex likes this.
  13. Difficult to say how well I did on GP2 with joystick since there was no online gaming at the time ;)

14. Kevin Knorpp

Kevin Knorpp Racer

Wow. Read this whole thread. 45 years old. Atari 2600 I hardly played because Apple II+ had better games ; Loadrunner and such.

ColecoVision was pretty weak. Lusted after Vectrex haha and Amiga was a distant dream although I did manage an Atari 1040 ST in college years.

Sony PlayStation 1 and Sega Gensis in early professional years then took a break for about 10 years while I obsessed with IRL cycling.

Never played racing games until Grid which I bought for my son to play on my dad's PS3 that he bought for blue ray.

I never stopped playing that game so my dad gave me his PS3 which lead to GT5, Dirt 2 and then PC with RBR, rF1, GTR2, Race 07, rF2 and AC.

Blamer likes this.
  15. [​IMG]
    That game was so damn hard.

Vel likes this.
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, my early days in virtual racing included a joystick as well; way better than a keyboard.:)

aphidgod likes this.
  17. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Ice Cream !!

Jim Layhee and bondyboy like this.
  18. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

That was really the beginning of the internet racing era as far as I can recall... my first MP racing was in Porsche Unleashed and soon after came MCO, which was online-only.

I'd love to see a modern reboot of that title, with the open world map it always should have had as its public lobby now that the technology exists to support it. Still the best car building/tuning engine ever, and a truly good physics engine... for a NFS game.

Haven't raced online in anything since. Early adopter/early abandoner. :oops:

cerebralvortex likes this.
  19. Speedball 2 is an orgasmic game! I ice cream!

Sent using Tapatalk

20. Ninjaed me, hehe

I occasionally play it on the emulator with ps3 wireless controller, it's amazing
    Though I can't find any friend understands it enough to challenge me.

Sorry for the ot
    Sent using Tapatalk