1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Please stop turning these off as default

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shaun Clarke, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

AC Devs and Co

Can I ask. please can you stop turning these off with every update, as people only go in and change them.

[AC_APPS]
    ENABLE_DEV_APPS=0 (Please make 1 as default)
    SCALE_STEP=0.1

[CAMERA]
    ALLOW_FREE_CAMERA=0 (Please make this 1 as default)

Kind Regards

Shaun

Buggi, LeDude83, Dessu and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Pit Stops - Please fix... Nov 23, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP Races - Please STOP with all the RAIN!!! Apr 9, 2020
    ACC User Interface problem with pit stop option. Help please!! Jan 10, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Could the AI stop pushing if there's someone in front, please? Mar 11, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Asettto Corsa Stopped Working... Please help me... Jul 6, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Current state of pit stops in SP: can someone please clarify? Nov 24, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Acs.exe has stopped please help Jun 22, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Acs.exe has stopped working - Need help please! May 27, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Please stop! Dec 27, 2013
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 fatal crash PLEASE help if you can Apr 4, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game wont start on launch been trying to fix for over a week please help Jul 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Someone please help!! Jul 15, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

The default game state for all types of customers is with those options disabled. Which means they don't want a new player to the game to see everywhere in the track map with free camera or to have all those complicated apps for everyone. Ini files are for advanced users.

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Even better would be if these kind of settings were accessible in the launcher and saved in the user profile. But I suppose they're counting as unsupported 'enable-on-your-own-risk' features?

5. Indeed. But there's no reason to turn them off with each update if the user had set them to 'on' before.

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Coanda and rauf00 like this.
  7. exactly.. we don't want to be submerged in bug reports about dev app X not being pretty, going out of screen, or doing anything wrong... nor reports of spectator in row T seat 58 in grand stand 3 at Monza having unrealistically ugly tshirt.

So, sorry... cant do.

8. Sure, keep them defaulted to OFF for a new install or a new user. But surely if you turn them ON, you have to do so in the .ini, so you meant to do it, and therefore could easily stay ON with each update?

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, I'm guessing the patch process just replaces all files that change with the patch to avoid issues so any edits are obviously gone.

10. i would be nice to have those files renamed before overwritten, some people usually make some changes and don't have backups or can't remember all settings as dialed.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Uh, certainly not …

AmorFati likes this.
  12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well, then make backups. I'm not Lord Kunos, but I suspect that the reason they don't do this is that these files are changing and sometimes the changes are necessary.
    So if you'd start up AC with incorrect changes, it might not start (or something else bad happens) and people start complaining.

After an update AC should always be in a state where it can start without issues.
    If that is the case, then you can start by changing things and hopefully AC will keep working.

A good compromise might be priority files. We have this system for Linux distributions and it works very well.
    The idea is that there is a file (e.g. for dev apps system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini) in the AC folder which is and remains original and can be overwritten as the game updates.
    In your documents/AC folder, you can create an empty file cfg/user/dev-apps.ini (name free) where you enter:
    Code:
    BASE = system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
    [AC_APPS]
    ENABLE_DEV_APPS=1
    AC would then read the files in cfg/user, know from the first line that this belongs to system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini and behave as if this file was modified such that dev apps are now enabled.
    Thus you would get this setting changed without having to modify the file anymore, but the file will be updated as normal.

Of course, things could still go wrong, if you changed something which you shouldn't change or which was modified in an update, but it's much less likely.
    (Also in some cases AC might notify you if there is an inappropriate or dangerous setting.)

13. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I have a suggestion:
    In 1st lines of the file, I would put a new line:

[ASSETTO_CORSA]
    CUSTOMIZED=1 ; 0=overwrite the file with every update, 1= do NOT overwrite it!
    SLEEP_TIME=-1
    WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=0
    SIMULATION_VALUE=0 ; increase this for more simulation value
    --

So when you do the install, it can be checked for this piece of code!
    I hate that changing every single time too.

14. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I don't think steam checks a file's parameters, does it?

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I guess its not possible to fix it by making the file read only?

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Why would you want to do that when patches change things/add parameters?

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

The thread is because he doesnt want things to change and how often does it add parameters? If he is using a wheel the last one wouldnt have changed anything anyway. But ok, it was maybe an bad idea and I should have kept it to myself.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016