1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche Pack 1 Comments....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Why?

2. JusTiCe8

JusTiCe8 Racer

Haven't guess it already ? :)

It's too funny to actually imagine keeping the steering wheel straight, or even get in the car and get NO SW at all, and use throttle and brake to really turn. I think it may be possible with cold hard high pressure tires on cold track with poor grip or it just needs to be inside the car, because gaming hardware is too poor yet to be able to feel what we need to feel (to get car under "reasonable control" :) ).

3. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Laugh as hard as you want, right-foot steering was the way cars like the early 935 were driven in reality. This was the way some cars like the RSR were driven in simbin's games. And you can do it in AC too with the right hardware and ffb settings.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

"throttle-steering" doesn't mean that you keep the wheel straight and turn in the car using the throttle. That may be possible with some cars, but it's not what it is about.

What it does mean is that the "steering wheel" is rather a correction device rather.
    You use the throttle to ease the turn-in, straighten the car on the turn exit and stabilize it around the apex.
    The steering wheel then works together with the throttle to achieve always the correct angle.
    For "normal steering", the steering wheel angle (and that of the front wheels) will almost always go in the direction of the corner/apex. In approximation it could be a Gaussian shape curve with the maximum achieved around the apex.
    For "throttle steering", that won't be true anymore. It might look more like a sine with the maximum possibly even achieved before the apex.

It's exactly how I drive the RSR in AC and why I enjoy this car sooooooo much.
    It feels so alive, so responsive. It's just a masterpiece.

5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Is there a difference between throttle-steering and initiating a drift or drifting?

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I'd say so, although it's obviously related.

But the purpose is different and thus the use of the throttle differs.

7. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

It would be nice if there was a modern slick to drive the classic cars on. When historic cars race today in "historic" series, they use a modern slick tyre, likely quite a hard compound, but still it will be a slick tyre.

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

For me the best explaination is that the steering angle stays pretty much the same but more throttle leads to the front pushing wide while while less leads to a tighter line. You can literally point the nose of the car with the throttle while in a corner.

witoldinho likes this.
  10. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Could someone please explain to me what the "Gurney Flap" is? We have adjustable Gurney Flap's on the Moby Dick and the 917/30. Is it something visible on the body of the car? I've read the little mouse over description, but that doesn't really make me feel knowledgeable about them. Any help, or explanation when I'd want to set it to 1 or when I'd want to set it to 0 ... maybe which tracks, or whatever.

11. My reply is in addition to what LeSunTzu and Berniyh have said.

Do you have a good understanding of Load Transfer? I would guess, no.

In every car one drives on track, one always manages Load Transfer with throttle and braking modulation, whether the driver realizes it or not.

Load Transfer and it's management with throttle and brake in Porsche's--rear engine--is greatly magnified due to the rear engine layout.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I'm happy to realize that I've been doing a throttle steering without even knowing that it's a thing.

13. Have you tried this mod for the Moby Dick?
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/porsche-935-78-sound-mod.128352/

14. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Sorry for bringing this thread up again, but I have a question about the Porsche Pack 2(available from 22nd november 2016, so today) . This morning I bought it, but is it true it cannot be installed yet because we have to wait for 1.9.4 or something? I'm not able to install it at the moment, whatever I try.

Cheers
    Robin

15. PP2 will be available later today.

16. Try turning your pc on and off three times

17. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

OK, you mean installable(is that a word?) I guess?

Cheers
    Robin

18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Just keep steam open and it will be installed once its released. :)

19. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Yes. Essentially you've bought it ~12 hours before it was released. It'll be along later today as far as anybody knows.