1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Porsche Pack 2 & Red Pack Car impressions

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by danowat, Jan 11, 2017.

1. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

Loving the GT3 RS! Noise is pure car pron and so much fun to drive just over the limit

919 Hybrid is just INSANE, Spa Monza and Silverstone would be it's natural 'fit' but try it round Imola for ****z and giggles it's hilarious.

Don't like the new lambo I have to say, it's pretty quick but a little dull to drive

Also, I was really looking forward to the 488 GT3 as a replacement for my 458 gt2 'goto' car but just feels a bit 'meh'

2. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Sometimes I mange something approximating a power slide and I am having more of those moments in the GT3 RS :)

Not much angle I know, but I felt in control for a change :eek:

I always struggle with sliding cars, I am getting better at starting an maintaining a longer slide, but the transition back to going straight when I have a lot of lock on usually eludes me :( especially at lower speeds.

Maybe that discussion is something for another thread...

3. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

Every car in these packs is utterly wonderful but the Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 and Ferrari SF15-T are nothing short of masterpieces. They are incredible.

@Lord Kunos and his team should be so proud and lauded for their brilliance in translating these technologically complicated machines into something that us mortals can experience at such a high level.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  4. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Nice ;)
    Let the car settle itself when coming out of a slide, the biggest error people make is over correcting.

5. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

6. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

7. I was a long time forza player before AC and never once did I buy any dlc. To me every car more or less handled the same and I just drove 4 or 5 of my favorites.

With Assetto Corsa its a different story. Every car handles completely differently and I look forward to each new car pack and the challenges some of these cars bring. Cars like the Porsche 917/30 and the new 2015 Ferrari give me a whole new respect for the professionals that drive these beasts.

I recently bought Dirt Rally and hadn't touched AC for over a month but these new car packs brought me back last night and after a couple hours playing around with some of these new cars Im afraid Dirt is going to have to take a back seat for a while.

Well done Kunos I look forward to the next car pack.

PS. The Red Bull Ring is absolutely stunning to look at.

Photonmonkey, liakjim and ingrobny like this.
  8. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

We got all these great cars now, absolute quality. Where are we going to use them all though is the biggest problem. Porsche 919 online only track available red bull ring and there's only 8 available, the other 8 use a slower car. Same as f1 car. The only place you can use all cars on all tracks is hot lap/race with A1. I'm so disappointed by the online aspect of this game it's getting depressing,

I personally don't want anymore dlc until the multiplayer situation is sorted out.

9. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I must be the weird guy here. I jumped straight into the older cars first:

The Masarati 6cyl is a beast and I can't really keep in on track without really going slow. The sound just off idle is amazing though. Sounds like an old piston engine aircraft.

The Masarati 12cyl was strangely enough much easier to drive, but those small tires don't offer up much grip. It will be a fun car to master.

The Porsche 718 was probably the biggest surprise. Fired it up and it should just like an old VW at idle (as it should). the surprise was mow much grip it has. I expected it to slide around a lot and want to rotate coming off the throttle. Instead, it was very predictable. It still felt old (wanders around a bit, lower grip levels), but it's a good momentum conservation car.

I then moved through the Porsche 911 GT1, 962 Short Tail and 919. The 911 Gt1 is nice, but just wasn't right for me so I'll revisit it later. The 962 felt right and will be a good challenge. The 919.... It is in it's own league. The cockpit feels claustrophobic, but that's my only complaint. Yet again, a modern car is much easier to drive (though diving one to it's full potential will be a handful).

I took a couple laps in the Ferrari F138, but not enough to get a great feel for it before I ran out of time to play.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  10. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Really?. Who woulda thunk it? :eek:.

The new kiddies playground moves from GT3 at Spa to F1 at Spa. Run away, avoid, refrain and desist from entering those lobbies if you care for your sanity!. I guarantee, pulling your fingernails out one by one will be more fun...unless you are 12 years old ofc. Custom lobbies can't come soon enough :D

p.s on topic. Loving it. The dlc's that is.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    paul_wev likes this.
  11. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

Yes, someone can set up a custom lobby with the Stock AE86 Toyota and I'll race it. Pretty sure the "new kiddies" haw no interest in such a low power car, so maybe it will be full of actual racers. :D

paul_wev likes this.
  12. Spent more time on GT3 rs, and i'm sure that rear wheel are steering.

On spa, or even the nur, it's a masterpiece, new boxster in pdk is fun, but every flappy paddle gearboxes are...slow at donwshift, and this is a bit surprising (forza use to be idiotic and select 1 gear at 458 kph so, i have to work on that!

13. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

The Porsche 911 GT3 RS comes standard with active rear wheel steering:

http://www.porsche.com/canada/en/models/911/911-gt3-rs/chassis/rear-axle-steering/

It is one of the neat things about AC is that each variant of most cars seem to be there for a reason (maybe a few cars with a stock, S1 and S2 tune are overkill). Sure there are a lot of Boxters and a couple 911s, but they are all a bit different. The GT3 RS drives noticeably different that the 911 Carrera S (still not sure if that is modeled as RWD or AWD).

Between Assetto Corsa and Dirt, I have spent a ton of time reading and researching driving techniques for different setups/drivetrain layouts (mainly Dirt Rally) and actual cars (Assetto Corsa). After I tried the Maserati 250F and couldn't drive it wall, I did some reading and reasearch last night. The old British F1 retrospective is a great watch as Martin Brundle drives a couple cars in AC:

Maserati 250F
    Lotus 49
    Lotus 78T

Start witht the Maserati:

Tonydoc10 and paul_wev like this.
  14. Sorry, my english is bad, i mean, in AC, the car is rear wheel steering.

It surprise me because Forza did not make it on the 991 turbo S MK1.

15. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

No eorries! It's nice to talk to folks who are all over the world. I was just trying to say that AC gets these little details on cars right. In the end, I'm pretty sure I'm saying the same thing as you.

I am loving these Porsche packs because I grew up with my dad always wanting a 911, so I was always familiar with the 911 model differences; yet in most games a Porsche meant a car that exhibited severe understeer if you go into a corner hot, then immediately swapped ends if you lift off (I'm sure it wasn't EVERY game, but after a while, I just ignored them as they were too hard to drive).

I really enjoy the little differences in Porches in AC. Add in a Force Feedback wheel and I can feel those things I read drivers and journalists say about Porsche models all these years.

For me, this attention to detail and physics is what makes Assetto Corsa great (even with all it's flaws on console). Driving the Porsche Cayman S and Porsche Carrera 911 S back to back through turn 1 at brands hatch mad the differences between rear engine and mid engine immediately apparent.

16. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

That is one of the impressive things about Kunos modelled cars, nothing is fudged, like other sims do (Forza is one of the worst for fudged systems), everything is simulated, if it's on the real car, it'll be on the AC car.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  17. I know it will be consider as a sacrilège, but i'd love a "TDU from Kunos".

I explain: i am a huuuge fan of TDU and TDU2 for it's variety, for its sense of "life simulation" (if you don't know in TDU2 convertibles were working, blinkers etc) and i love Open world game. But the way Devs makes them arcady is hopeless, i mean, drive cars thrue oahu mountains with the AC gameplay and TDU features will just made my perfect game. I hate arcady games, they made things boring, or totaly idiotic (yeah put a twin turbo V12 in a SLK and reach 440 kph is so clever...)

If that game will ever exist, imagine, that you have to put your GT3 rs on your trailer, tow it with a nice BMW M5 cross the entire island, or make some distance with traffic lights etc, and then lap your GT3, and come back?

God, i'm going mad i know but that will make it even more desirable (to me, in my own point of view)

ShredatorFIN and Philippeapo like this.
  18. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

But my twin turbo all-wheel-drive 1979 Camaro in Forza Horizon 3 is so much fun! :D (couldn't even type that with a straight face).

The problem with Test Drive Unlimited was that Atari lost most of the team prior to TDU2, then release a game with worse driving and the whole "lifestyle" thing. I have an 8yr old, so the other think that irks me was the decision to push a few things (like the stupid car was girls) and other lifestyle stuff that ended up with a T rating. I don't allow him to play T rated stuff until I have played enough to know if it's okay.

Frankly, a lot of the TDU and NFS team ended up working on Forza Horizon 3 and there is a lot less of the forced: go here, do that (at least compared to Horizon 1). The blinkers and stuff were kinds neat, but then also pointless when you are supposed to break every traffic law. I just wish they had enforced "stock" races online in FH3 or even in Offline, as that would make it much more like TDU.

19. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

TDU style game with Assetto Corsa physics would indeed be cool. Stefano discussed this once and said it's interesting concept to him but AC physics are so heavy per car (even full grid struggles on anything but highest end PC processors), that simulating city of traffic would be a problem.

20. The f138 seems bugged. Car goes not faster than 300 with Drs. Then there are missing aero options.